Hasegawa Minmay Guard Decal Sheet

dreadpyrat

Hi all, I'm investigating the possibility of producing some 1/60 scale decal sheets for the Minmay Guard and basing them on the decals from the Hasegawa kit.

I need some dimensions though...does anyone have one they could pull some measurements from? If so, lemme know and I'll fill you in on what I need measured...should only take 30 seconds or so. ;)

Hi all, I'm investigating the possibility of producing some 1/60 scale decal sheets for the Minmay Guard and basing them on the decals from the Hasegawa kit.

I need some dimensions though...does anyone have one they could pull some measurements from? If so, lemme know and I'll fill you in on what I need measured...should only take 30 seconds or so. ;)

There's the Paris Act, and the Moon Act decals. I have both, so send me a message on what you need. I've also made a "Sheryl Guard" custom using my own enlarged variation of those Hasegawa Decals. It should be somewhere on the Custom toy section, probably an old thread.

Edited by Jasonc

Are you going to take up selling them at all?

Yes, I was thinking of doing that once I find a good decal printer to work with me on the graphics. Stay tuned!

There's the Paris Act, and the Moon Act decals. I have both, so send me a message on what you need. I've also made a "Sheryl Guard" custom using my own enlarged variation of those Hasegawa Decals. It should be somewhere on the Custom toy section, probably an old thread.

Jason, thanks! I'll PM you with details.

old man will be all over it, I guess many members like myself too.

I'm not sure how many sections on the decals that you will be producing, but I do know that the pink wing stripes and purple bar stripes will not fit on V2 Yamato if you enlarge them because the proportion on 1/72 Hasegawa kit is different.

10033638n.jpg

I think you need to work with the decal sheet that came from Yamato's blankies.

ymt00185_5.jpg

old man will be all over it, I guess many members like myself too.

Lol!!! You know me all too well, my friend :lol: .

I'm not exactly sure what kind of work it will involve, but I'm sure it's not terribly easy, as it will require a lot of the designs to be re-rendered, from what I've been told. Maybe it's easier now days, but I know Devin (Anasazi37) invested countless hours getting his decals just right, but the end results are spectacular.

Also, besides an ALPS printer, screen printing is the only other method I know of that can handle white ink, so that's another hurtle to overcome.

But, please, don't let me discourage you. I'll cheer you on every step of the way, and if you guys can get it done, I'd gladly purchase several sets. I have Model Graphix issue number 215, if you need any scans, but you can also find them here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazines/_magazines_modelgraphix.htm

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

When I did my decals based off of that Minmay Guard Hasegawa kit, The standard decals I used were from the Yamato kit, while the Minmay Guard specific decals were from this kit. I'll take the measurements, I do hope this comes to fruition.