The Bluebird of Happiness

Jefuemon

I titled it that way, because my wife's first comment was "Well, it's very......blue."

Pretty much straight up build. The camera really didn't pick up the shade of blue it is. It's a straight cobalt blue, not the light blue of Max's Macross 7 Sturmvogel.

post-12411-0-49228800-1313220384_thumb.jpg post-12411-0-13938000-1313220418_thumb.jpg post-12411-0-24541500-1313220457_thumb.jpg

More can be seen here.

Awesome job! Looks great!! gotta build this bird at some point.... :ph34r:

Thanks for all the comments. When I watched Mac Plus, I always liked the -19 better; but now that I've built them both, I think I like the -21 better now.

2 pieces of advice- 1. Unless you match your paint job perfectly to the decal color, don't bother using the canopy decal-just mask and paint it. 2. Measure the wing tip lights carefully before cutting! I cut out the area suggested in the directions without looking at the clear piece, and ended up removing about twice as much as I needed to. Thank you Tamiya basic putty!

Thanks for all the comments. When I watched Mac Plus, I always liked the -19 better; but now that I've built them both, I think I like the -21 better now.

2 pieces of advice- 1. Unless you match your paint job perfectly to the decal color, don't bother using the canopy decal-just mask and paint it. 2. Measure the wing tip lights carefully before cutting! I cut out the area suggested in the directions without looking at the clear piece, and ended up removing about twice as much as I needed to. Thank you Tamiya basic putty!

More people have to show off their builds here, especially when the can take a nice photo like your example...nicely done.