Yamato Non Paint 1/60 VF-1 (2011)

bowman

I did see someone work the side cover panels into a very different mechanism for how the shoulders work in a custom hasegawa kit, but it was really complicated, and there still was no place for a bank of thrusters to be mounted.

mg-oct2002-page-19.jpg

check it

Model Graphix October 2002

You are not alone buddy! WTF? DYRL valks were grey!?!?

Hi Retracting Head Ter Ter, your avatar almost had me slap my monitor because I actually thought there was a real bug on it. funny real funny

Torn! 1a or 1j. Got the 1S kit and used both shoulders for replacing on my hikky 1J/super combo I bought half price from hlj.com.

I think ... no, still not sure. Most of all I want the photo etch parts.

I Just checked my new super 1J...

Yup. Cracked Shoulders. D'Oh! Maybe I should pick up a few extra of these kits when they get released.

So, is it confirmed that this is a kit? Or do they also come pre-assembled?

Anyone aware of 1/60 Minmay Guard decals? That's what I want to do one up as!

Last time that Yamato released a no painting version both were available but with different boxes. only the VF-1S was available, and without the accesories no side covers etc.

Maybe I missed it, but were there release dates on any of this stuff? What I'd want to know

1. kit version and unpainted or just one or the other?

2. are new accessories included?

3. will the new accessories be available separately?

4. will they sell, JUST new heads? (for those of us who bought the old kits but really wanted a 1J or 1A instead of the S)

5. Release dates!?!?

I Just checked my new super 1J...

Yup. Cracked Shoulders. D'Oh! Maybe I should pick up a few extra of these kits when they get released.

Ahh lol did you get that on sale from hlj as well did ya? I'm not bothered much, I still would like to get replacements for the ones I had to use though, but they served their purpose!

I'm not complaining, and I am actually appreciate Yamato is releasing these add-on pieces.

IMO it will make more sense if Yamato releases the VF-1A or VF-1J in most popular real world aircraft color in gray like the VF-X or Elintseeker. After all the purpose of these kits is for the end user to do custom jobs out of it. Gray seems to be a more popular color.

On the decal, it really makes no senese at all to include Roy and Hikaru's schemes since these already been released in standard toy form. I hope they don't do so on VF-1A as well. They should have included more real time fighter decals or other custom schemes that have never been released before. Since custom schemes usually score low sales demand, which they did in 1/48 scale but eliminated in V2 1/60, why don't they do this in these kit version?

Well, I could be wrong maybe the whole point of these kits is for fans to build their favorite Roy and Hikaru's schemes with their own hands.

Usually preorder on new items is in limited qty to begin with, HLJ only take a certain qty at preorder which they think they can sell and get from manufacturers. Regular order will follow later, but I don't know how limited are on these limited online items.

The last preorder I made on these limited online item was 1/60 scale weathering strike parts, but I never saw regular order follow up once preorder was over.

HLJ pre-orders are open again. :rolleyes:

Like I said the first preorders is for HLJ to figure out how much they can fill their orders based on the qty that they think they can secure from supplier.

They will come back if they think demand is good and have confirmation on more supply with manufacturer.

It was 6175yens with 5% off, now it's 6500yens. For those who missed, act now.

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure whether this has been brought up, but Yamato is putting up a assembly guide and modification idea on the 1/60 unassembled kit.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_109/?infolnk=index

670842635.jpg?key=500370&Expires=1350317049&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=XbDaENhpSB1sKaX13L0KVH-gyStT8PBOQSezdSRdSt4EvkDrzDBSyCa9SgeQFihoKNiYbMrofYnfgLvKscskTGIFtTxkrqXY-9GuLIycecnXFYwQZJjVHpmVHTFyoDzRiCTJEpvQXvrmKi8VJ8pjFTh42~CmRVZCKHXSGY~w2OM_

The first they are doing is VF-1X++. Watch out for Dengki Jan 2013 issue.

clip1.jpg

You also see a new custom paint job done by Yamato during the Tokyo Hobby show, I've seen that scheme from VF-1 Master File but just can't remember what it is for now.

671173169.jpg?key=640480&Expires=1350315587&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=MCRtZceHGmYRteuDCq-P-Bor4ZEPlhV~XKGjqDY9ZGlzrB9YyTvnreRM5iTHXkNydfXqGzyxF2vA5mku5Ee6Z9jRKqsARO~8y7QbXyP0XbEsJDx-9HFArxDGmpROpgH7ZfnxH3gPn4ZXq0MHiOhqA2D9e202BgEnAlTjsHunYEg_