yamato 1/48 x 1/60 toys

Marcelo

I am confused with the multitude of versions in the 1/60 scale yamato toy line. Can somebody make a review or suggest a link. I would like to know whether the 1/48 is still of higher quality (detail etc) than the 1/60 (any release). thx

Thank you!

I was looking at the Yamato Japanese page and there is a description of improvements on the 1/60 comparing with the 1/48.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_049/index.html

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_041/index.html

They mention a third generation ... is the third generation what people usually refer to v 2.0 ?

Or is there is something after not released yet ?

(the links can be translated to English when supported by browser)

I bought few days ago on ebay a 1/48 VF-1S (focker) + support + super&strike parts ... now I am wondering if I should have gone for the 1/60 line, since I still did not receive mine yet.

best

the current 1/60 VF-1 series is referred to as the 1/60ver.II, and is the third generation of YAMATO's VF-1 design;

*2001 - 1/60ver.I

*2002 - 1/48

*2008 - 1/60ver.II

if YAMATO were to ever release an updated 1/48 VF-1, like several fellow MW members continue to pine for,

then that would end up being a 1/48ver.II, and YAMATO's 4th generation VF-1.

that however, is most unlikely, especially in today's flooded MACROSS market.

if there is ever to be a 4th generation YAMATO VF-1, it will be all but guaranteed to be a "1/60ver.III"

but even that is rather unlikely, all things considered...

Edited by Shaorin

the current 1/60 VF-1 series is referred to as the 1/60ver.II, and is the third generation of YAMATO's VF-1 design;

*2001 - 1/60ver.I

*2002 - 1/48

*2008 - 1/60ver.II

if YAMATO were to ever release an updated 1/48 VF-1, like several fellow MW members continue to pine for,

then that would end up being a 1/48ver.II, and YAMATO's 4th generation VF-1.

that however, is most unlikely, especially in today's flooded MACROSS market.

if there is ever to be a 4th generation YAMATO VF-1, it will be all but guaranteed to be a "1/60ver.III"

but even that is rather unlikely, all things considered...

Thx Shaorin

Could we expect at least reissues of the VT-1, VE-1 and VF-1D ? Their price is too high now ...

best

If Yamato has taught us anything it's that we should expect reissues when demand dictates it. I would never throw too much money down on a Yamato product... it almost always will burn you.

I would LOVE to see a Yamato 1/48 V2

• 1 year later...

So to raise this topic, Did you guys who collected the 1/48s keep them after the v.2 1/60s or sell them off? Because I replaced most my 1/48s with the 1/60 counterparts so all my 1/48 are just sitting in storage. Since the 1/48 is dead to Yamato I wondering if its worth it to keep them or get rid of them. What did you guys do?

I sold my extras but I made sure to keep some for customs that I want in that scale. I'm debating whether or not I should paint them all to be more realistic (weathered) and keep the 1/60s in pristine toy condition. But personally I wouldn't get rid of them. 1/60's are awesome and solid but I prefer the 1/48's bigger scale and sculpt over all. The only thing that bug me are the low hanging arms in fighter and of course it doesn't have the fit of the v.2s.

Good question....when you say "worth" keeping....are you implying some potential future return on investment?....If so, just keep the Vermilion squadron (vf-1j super pack set - only one with tv fast packs, both max and kakizaki Macross Chronicles exclusives), original low viz VF-1A, VF-1J stealth combo set, and the Macross Chronicles weathered VF-1S Hikaru with strike packs. Sell the rest. Stash the earnings for more 1/60 releases. Future Macross collectors will probably just want to complete the 1/60 line. Assuming Yamato does not go bankrupt and just keeps re-releasing everything at each anniversary!

I guess there are no more 1/48 enthusiasts left out there... sigh...its such a lonely world...

well, it might be nice if Yammie tossed out a 1/48v.II VF-1, but it would surely be, likely as not, merely a scale-up of the 1/60v.II.

i seriously doubt that that would ever fly in the primary japanese market,

as the 1/60v.II manages to do it all and then some, at a far more manageable footprint on the collector's shelf.

for my part, while i kind of miss the 1/48's size, as i once owned two of them myself, (VF-1A DYRL ICHIJO, VF-1S DYRL FOCKER, 1st EDITIONS)

once i got hold of my first 1/60v.II, i personally found it a better design in virtually every way, so much so that i could no longer stomach

the 1/48s that had been close friends since 2002, and proceeded to sell them off.

with the 1/48's skinny, overlong arms and overly droopy cockpit/nose module, amongst other details, i have yet to feel any true regret

in parting with them...

Edited by Shaorin

No, a v2 1/48 could be a huge improvement over the 1/60. Think anime accurate transformation, built in side covers, no neck collar, functioning chair out the head hole gimmick... you just have to dream a bit and it could be epic.

PLEEEEASE - No more valks, and certainly no better valk than the 1/60 V2s!! Because then we'd all have that 'crap' feeling that we have to get in on the line. The joy and satisfaction we have now for our large, or even meager collections, would evaporate in favor 'what else we need now'. I'm quite happy with the 1/60 V2s as being the pinnacle of valkdom, no other interpretations desired.

However NO ONE is satisfied with their Legioss (s) -- Hear me Yamato! 1/48th Legioss Treads and reissued Beagle Ride Armors with Yellow and Fuke! 1/10 Softbi Inbits to go with your Breetai Softbi line up. You can even do the 1/48 Gosu in HDP kit style if you're afraid of enemy mech mass production...

This all makes perfect sense to me...

I have both ...still.....I would pick them up if you would sell them, but I have no more room...

I like the fact people are getting rid of their 1/48's because I am buying good deals and customizing them . I leave my 1/48's in fighter mode but I put my 1/60's in batroid mode. I like both scales except for the 1/60 v1's

PLEEEEASE - No more valks, and certainly no better valk than the 1/60 V2s!! Because then we'd all have that 'crap' feeling that we have to get in on the line. The joy and satisfaction we have now for our large, or even meager collections, would evaporate in favor 'what else we need now'. I'm quite happy with the 1/60 V2s as being the pinnacle of valkdom, no other interpretations desired.

However NO ONE is satisfied with their Legioss (s) -- Hear me Yamato! 1/48th Legioss Treads and reissued Beagle Ride Armors with Yellow and Fuke! 1/10 Softbi Inbits to go with your Breetai Softbi line up. You can even do the 1/48 Gosu in HDP kit style if you're afraid of enemy mech mass production...

This all makes perfect sense to me...

Yamato doesn't want to do anything with Mospeada. And also those VF-1s that they keep selling over and over fund all the other valks like the VF-4. So as much as you're sick of it, it's probably the very thing that allows you to have a variety of valks in hand.

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming you are referring to V2 releases with and w/o option parts....yes, people seem to pay less for the non-option parts versions.....for example the VF-1D v2 with option parts sells for much more than the previous v2 release w/o option parts.......for the VF-1S DYRL Roy and Hikaru...it makes sense that they are "more valuable" because the option parts releases also take care of the exploding shoulder issues.....so it is actually a better toy than the initial releases for these toys....

Edited by jvmacross

• 1 month later...

I have 1 of 4 Yamato prototypes in 1/32. My father got one as he assisted the two engineers who developed it but it was never released, the size caused difficulty in the hinging mechanism. It is unpainted, and massive. It also has the robotic arms that come out of the right forearm.

Just kidding.