Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I'm just curious. Are the colors on Mac Mecha Manual really official? I just realized that they have changed the colors of their M&M 1J fast packs. I do like their show-accurate 19P on their site but it seems Yamato's opted for the Chronicle colors with some inaccuracies on the ankles and shoulders.

I'm just curious. Are the colors on Mac Mecha Manual really official? I just realized that they have changed the colors of their M&M 1J fast packs. I do like their show-accurate 19P on their site but it seems Yamato's opted for the Chronicle colors with some inaccuracies on the ankles and shoulders.

The colors on the MMM site are incorrect. I would go by the colors shown in the Chronical.

HLJ's preorder is open.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00239

Thanks! I put my pre-order in.

Well...., I must say the the whole color scheme on the 19s in Macross 7 y pretty ugly. I can live with the deep blue on the S and F but that red in Basaras 19 kai is just too much, and the P is just another example. But if I where to get a Basara VF I would definitely go with the P rather than the red one. I agree that the salmon stripes should be a bit more red, but besides that, I think is pretty close (which doesn´t mean nice)

I'm just glad that none of the hideous parts will be too difficult to de-ugly. The pink stripes will come off easily enough, and the ankle rings aren't at any significant risk for scratching.

Toughest part will be the shoulders. I've never tried to take apart a VF-19 yet, but I wonder how hard it would be to mix and match pieces between the various versions. If it's not too much trouble, I might wait for a sale and stock up on VF-19Fs for spare parts.

I still would prefer Yamato just go into full-bore mold-milking mode, and release a low-vis, plain white, or kit version. This is the first mold since the YF-21 to get more than 3 separate versions released. Over the entire Macross universe, I'd probably place the YF/VF-19 as only behind the VF-1 in overall popularity. On the Hasegawa side of things, it's the only kit besides the VF-1 to get the 1/48 treatment, and I see more customs of the YF-19 kits than anything else besides the VF-1s.

While it's definitely not in the same price category as the 1/60 VF-1s, I still want to see Yamato make more of them, and I'd gladly keep buying them, because it's both my favorite VF design, and an amazing piece of engineering. I want to see as many of these made as possible... just.. I want the possibility of getting them in good colors. I don't think painting them is really a viable option, so that means molding them in different colors. I keep holding out hope that they'll make versions based on the Master File designs. They're already clearly pulling material from that book for the markings. I'd love to see them release versions that those markings would look good on.

You know the color scheme on the 19S is pretty much just the Blue Angels.

Yeah, you are right..., but that doesn't make it nice either :)

When I say 19s I meant all the 19 in Macross 7, not the 19S itself. As I said, I think that blue is the best color scheme for the 19 in Macross 7

Personally I prefer the colors I posted here the best:

I think the most pressing issue we need to address

are those new ventral fins parallel to the existing tail fins?

Look at the screen shots from the rear of the plane. Looks like they are supposed to be.

Are you asking if Yamato got them right?

I personally like the colors that I had posted earlier the best:

http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=988617

Edited by Loop

Yeah, Yamato needs to see that cel NOW.

There's about 5 things right off the bat that are incredibly wrong, based on that cel.

I guess we can chalk a lot of it up to inconsistency in animation.. but painting it in the current colors would be akin to using Virgin Road as the primary reference for all the 1/60 VF-1s. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal