Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

The color of Blue on that 19F looks the same as the 19S to me. I think it's just a trick of the light in those photos. I don't see why Yamato would change the tint for this one unless when you've got a 19S and two 19F's in tow it all suddenly looks obvious.

i do wonder why they didn't go for Fast packs for the 19's when they've designed them for the 17 though. I guess it was just easier to implement on the 17.

The color of Blue on that 19F looks the same as the 19S to me. I think it's just a trick of the light in those photos. I don't see why Yamato would change the tint for this one unless when you've got a 19S and two 19F's in tow it all suddenly looks obvious.

i do wonder why they didn't go for Fast packs for the 19's when they've designed them for the 17 though. I guess it was just easier to implement on the 17.

I've got a feeling there's just no way to implement the VF-19's boosters without being extremely prone to breakage, screwing up the shoulder sculpt, or becoming prohibitively expensive.

The only thing I'm bummed about is that I won't be happy unless I have 2 of these. Same goes for the VF-17D.

There goes almost 1200 bucks on valks if not more with shipping, but I MUST have a Diamond Force and an Emerald Force. :p

I've got a feeling there's just no way to implement the VF-19's boosters without being extremely prone to breakage, screwing up the shoulder sculpt, or becoming prohibitively expensive.

Also, there's just no way to get past the fact that it looks like you're mounting a pair of baby blue jetskis on the shouders. :p Those packs are freaking hideous.

I don't think it's a darker blue though, I think it's just the contrast with the white making it seem that much darker. Either way... August is my birthday. I might buy two. One for sure, but that is freaking beautiful.

Well.. blerp.. Nah, I can't justify getting two VF-19Fs... not yet. If they go on sale later, sure, I'll grab multiples, but I don't have a good reason for more than one right now.

Grabbed one of those, and preordered the VF-17D. Fortunately they're spaced out a bit.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's official, starting with the Kai variant, Yamato and the lousy exchange rate, have "colluded" to completely price me out of this hobby, at least for their newer M7 stuff... I just refuse to pay these exorbitant prices (even with AmiAmi's preorder discout the 19F rings in at $237 + shipping, and the 17D a whopping $319 + shipping :angry: ). Too bad too, the F and D look really nice. :(

Bandai, with all their supply foibles, are now the only game in town for affordable, high end, 1/60 Macross toys... if you can secure one before the secondary market drives their prices into the stratosphere as well. <_<

Yeah, I'm having a problem pulling the trigger on this too. I want to, then my responsible side kicks in and stops me.

It is just too much for me. Oh well. :(

Chris

Just do what I do - calculate the cost of every valkyrie you have purchased and still own, divide by the number of birds there are and get the average price for each. Are you happy with this number? Yes? Then pull the trigger!

Me? I'm at $111.34 each valk ^___^

These new valks are out of my league. That is why I am collecting Hot Toys 1/6 figures now. Although expensive too, these figures are easier to get and fun to pose too. I will still buy valks but will wait for HLJ deals that come every now and then.

Otacute: 238.50 USD

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=28677

Decided to pre-order a VF-17D because of the fast packs...but I have a feeling the VF-19F might be a shelf warmer or holiday deal by the end of the year on HLJ.....passed it.....too many available VF-19 variants are going to drive down the price I think.....with that said I would still buy on pre-order a VF-19P.... :rolleyes:

$235 at Hobby Search, I'm tempted to get a 17D as I don't have one, but I think the look, paint job and the fact I have a 19S won me over. Gonna complete the Emerald Force squadron, will save Diamond Force when there's a sale (hopefully).

Anyone have good side view pics of the VF-19S in fighter mode?

-Kyp

Not the best, but it's all I got right now.

photo5-44.jpg

Easy one here : Are the intake covers removable?

Nope.

Edited by pud333

All the valks I paid a higher price for were either discontinued or very rare; that helped tons to justify paying a premium for them. I'm coming up empty for excuses to myself to pay $230 + for a brand new release... my usual "but I might never get the opportunity!" rationale just isn't kicking in.

All the valks I paid a higher price for were either discontinued or very rare; that helped tons to justify paying a premium for them. I'm coming up empty for excuses to myself to pay $230 + for a brand new release... my usual "but I might never get the opportunity!" rationale just isn't kicking in.

how about "It's so good it's worth it" or "if I don't get int NOW, my life will be forever incomplete."

that's how I justified the -19S anyways. :p

Edited by anime52k8