Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

4 hours ago, 20max20 said:

To feed some 19P love, My first attempt to make a custom, hope you'll enjoy :)

IMG_0048.JPG

That looks really good! Just need to cover the logo near the cockpit with a uns kite and it'll be prefect! MWF member Scream Man also made a Skull custom from his 19P which a fellow member bought but its been out of site now for a while.. dang it I should've bought it off him!

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I need to do up one of my 19Ps that way someday.. but I hope to be able to actually give one the shorter 19F/S wings as well.  That will take a lot of work, and some scratchbuilt parts..

just curious.. why shorter wings? personally I prefer the longer wings of the P & Kai variants. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hmmm... now I'm inspired. How much VF-19P cost nowadays? ^_^ 

they ain't that cheap nowadays.. about 34k at jungle. 

Mostly I just have wanted a white with black stripes 19F all along.  After seeing a couple of those in the Master File, I really wanted them to release a plain white one I could decorate with whatever stripes I wanted.

The long wings on the 19P are great, I just would love to make that white F model. :)

17 hours ago, jenius said:

You can get the 19P for like $225 shipped on ebay.

15 hours ago, spanner said:

Yikes! I just saw this now. I already caved on one of the seller who's selling it at $225. Though not from the seller that Spanner posted. Hope the one I got is legit. If not, Paypal protection to the rescue. 

Edited by no3Ljm

11 hours ago, spanner said:

I got both my 19p's from this seller. There are several similar listings from hk, it's the same guy. He accepted my offers at just about USD$10 less than his listed price on both occasions.

11 hours ago, spanner said:

I bought a bunch of macross stuff from this seller before , all is good.  They also have a webstore but I can't remember the site since it was actually cheaper on ebay.:unsure:

4 hours ago, zzj said:

I got both my 19p's from this seller. There are several similar listings from hk, it's the same guy. He accepted my offers at just about USD$10 less than his listed price on both occasions.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

I bought a bunch of macross stuff from this seller before , all is good.  They also have a webstore but I can't remember the site since it was actually cheaper on ebay.:unsure:

Hopefully, the seller that I used is legit. Funny that different sellers carrying the same item for the same price. ;)

The only thing I noticed is that after I placed the order, it says the estimated delivery is from Feb 15 to Mar 2. It's a free shipping and hopefully there's a tracking number for it.

47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hopefully, the seller that I used is legit. Funny that different sellers carrying the same item for the same price. ;)

The only thing I noticed is that after I placed the order, it says the estimated delivery is from Feb 15 to Mar 2. It's a free shipping and hopefully there's a tracking number for it.

esthertool etc are all run by the same person/group. They've been discussed in the F/S section before. They can be sketchy. Sometimes you'll get your stuff, other times they won't send it and then make up some BS excuse.

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

esthertool etc are all run by the same person/group. They've been discussed in the F/S section before. They can be sketchy. Sometimes you'll get your stuff, other times they won't send it and then make up some BS excuse.

Thanks Lolicon! I'll watch out for this package. Will update you guys. ;)

20 minutes ago, max928 said:

hardly post, but in the interest of our macross community --> esthertool is a TOOL, avoid at all costs imo.  sent my macross items packaged in wrapping paper (i.e., the toy box was the shipping box...)

I don't post much either but like max928 said, in the best interest of the Macross world community; Esthertool is a horrible seller along with the site/store that he works for. I ordered two items from him over a year ago and they both were damaged. One box was completely destroyed and the other was missing parts when it was suppose to be new. I had requested a refund only for the one that was missing parts and they refused to give it to me. Took forever to get my money back with PayPals help. Not worth the trouble even if their prices are decent. 

Ill add my own experience on this case with esthertool.

i bought a lot of stuff from them on ebay mostly saint seiya myth cloth ex figures with prices between 100 - 250 bucks and never had a problem, always well boxed, brand new.

Then i got couple valks, VF-17 and VF-19S and they were in perfect shape, boxes 10/10.

Lastly i got couple hot toys, i found the joker mime version, their price was 250(almost the same as released) with free shipping. i wrote to them on ebay to ask about the weight (there is a weight limit in my country on packages, more than 4 kgs pay taxes) and they told me i could save some bucks if i order outside ebay. i know that was against terms but i took the chance and set it up thru email the final price was around 220 bucks i decided to take my chances. They took way longer to ship it and i was worried that i made a mistake, but it arrived again in prefect condition, all brand new.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-the-joker-1989-mime-version-hot-toys-902047/

I ordered 2 more hot toys that are on the way but there was a development. When i checked the ebay page it showed they no longer offered shipping to my country ECUADOR. I got worried about it, still their prices and service so far were real good, so i went ahead and ordered age of ultron black widow and hawkeye, around 160 each, which was the lowest price i saw around for those. I pay them and couple hours later i got an email saying that the shipping expense have increased, and they are unable to ship my items unless i pay 50 bucks extra for both items, or if i dont want to they would reinburse me the total that i paid. I checked on my other sellers and the prices with 25 bucks increase on each was still competitive so i went ahead and paid for it.

The package is on its way, should arrive by the end of the month all document it when i unbox it all.

In any case, even with the suspicious activity of bypassing ebay and doing business directly i was always getting my stuff in brand new state.

Before i bought with confidence, now im being cautious.

Edited by Mr Bomber

ok on follow up with my case with esthertool, seller on ebay.

package arrived today, less than 20 days, quite quick specially since it was a regular mail, no ems.

well packed.

2017-01-26 17.39.52.jpg

lots of bubble wrap to protect the boxes.

2017-01-26 17.40.22.jpg

outer boxes to prevent damage on the actual toys box.

2017-01-26 17.40.52.jpg

and finally.

2017-01-26 17.46.09.jpg

Everything perfect shape, sealed not a single bump on box.

Even with all the bad comments i heard about esthertool, and my added shipping costs, i cant complain at all, so far they have always delivered brand new, well shipped excellent priced items.

Edited by Mr Bomber

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for sharing this Mr.Bomber. Really appreciate it. The VF-19P that I bought a few days ago from their group already been shipped too and they provided a tracking number so finger crossed. ;)

Got to know no3ljm, hopefuly you wont have any trouble at all. Just make sure to display that vf-19p so we can all enjoy it!

1 hour ago, Mr Bomber said:

Got to know no3ljm, hopefuly you wont have any trouble at all. Just make sure to display that vf-19p so we can all enjoy it!

Sure thing sir! Assuming that I still have small space to squeeze him in. Because as F360 says in the Third Party Gundam thread:

^ And this is how they stacked in my cabinet in Battroid mode... For now. :lol:

On 6/5/2012 at 2:24 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Ok, I figured out how to get the unbroken leg off to examine and take pics of it. I guess you can get to the screw without taking off other parts.

Here is what it should look like:

post-10222-0-31062100-1338930992_thumb.jpg

I took the black plastic washer/spacer off to examine the plastic and it looked seemingly fine.

Not even any stress marks.

Here is the broken piece:

post-10222-0-48884800-1338930991_thumb.jpg

Notice how some bits of plastic are still stuck with the black plastic washer, other parts that I could find had crumbled off. It's generally not an even break at all. It's more consistent with the breaks I had with my VF-0A shoulders where the plastic degraded.

Maybe the plastic in the right leg had a bad batch or something. I can't explain how it happened with one leg but the other is perfectly fine. Not sure how it could have happened.

Ok. So I've stumbled on this post via Google. I just finished tightening that said screw to the connector with a washer since the VF-19P that I bought recently have a loose hip joints. So what I did is added a small layer of my silicon rubber to tighten it up. And now my hip joint is tight. 

And since this post with image pops up at Google while I was searching, I'd like to know if this is a common issue to the Yamato released VF-19's from Macross7? Don't want to ruin that hip connector and crumble into pieces just by tightening it. 

And also, MJ did you ever had the chance on repairing it? 

Thanks! :) 

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. So I've stumbled on this post via Google. I just finished tightening that said screw to the connector with a washer since the VF-19P that I bought recently have a loose hip joints. So what I did is added a small layer of my silicon rubber to tighten it up. And now my hip joint is tight. 

And since this post with image pops up at Google while I was searching, I'd like to know if this is a common issue to the Yamato released VF-19's from Macross7? Don't want to ruin that hip connector and crumble into pieces just by tightening it. 

And also, MJ did you ever had the chance on repairing it? 

Thanks! :) 

I think I was the only one with the issue. I asked and no one else seemed to have that happen to them. I wasn't able to repair it. I didn't even attempt to glue it because of all the little bits it crumbled into would have been like trying to put together Humpty Dumpty. Like I said in another post, I just have very bad luck with these things.