Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Wait, what animation is that from? Something from one of the menus, I'm guessing? But yeah, it definitely looks like the Yamato, right down to the doors for the head lasers, and the wrong-colored hands. :p

Yup, exactly, those are tell-tale signs.. It is identical. Unfortunately it's not onscreen long enough to make out the lower torso/waist folding panels, but you get the idea. Oh, and the footage itself is actually from one of the music video extras on the bonus disc.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a new VF-19S and when I opened it, the plastic pieces on the underside of the cockpit section that connect to the tabs from the body, were broken. One was completely broken off and the other is cracked and about to fall off. As can be seen in the attached image. Can I repair these pieces by using super glue, model glue, JB Weld???? If I can repair them, will the figure hold together properly?

vf19svalkyriebrokencock.jpg

I recently bought a new VF-19S and when I opened it, the plastic pieces on the underside of the cockpit section that connect to the tabs from the body, were broken. One was completely broken off and the other is cracked and about to fall off. As can be seen in the attached image. Can I repair these pieces by using super glue, model glue, JB Weld???? If I can repair them, will the figure hold together properly?

oh no not this again!!! I'm starting to have flash backs of the 100's of YF-19 neck hinge recasts I made...

Edited by DyNo

I think the original problem with the YF-19 was related to how difficult it was to actually separate the fuselage. It tended to snap in extremely tightly, and people worried about forcing it. If the tab holding down the forward fuselage got molded a bit too big, the same could happen here.

Either way though, I think this is the first time anyone has reported this happening to a VF-19, and fortunately, making a replacement piece with shapeways again shouldn't be too difficult.

Underneath the forward nose section, same as where the YF-19 had it. It's right under where the canards would be on the Fire Valk or 19P.

Those two cracked pieces are there to hold the forward nose section onto the swingbar mounted in the torso. When you pop up the front half of the fuselage, it rotates around the pin that would be held underneath those two pieces.

Edited by Chronocidal

I think the original problem with the YF-19 was related to how difficult it was to actually separate the fuselage. It tended to snap in extremely tightly, and people worried about forcing it. If the tab holding down the forward fuselage got molded a bit too big, the same could happen here.

Either way though, I think this is the first time anyone has reported this happening to a VF-19, and fortunately, making a replacement piece with shapeways again shouldn't be too difficult.

Shapeways option; how would one go about that? I've bought some items from there before, YF-19 shoulder parts, but that is the only experience I have with them. Or were you implying some would have to take the initiative and design the part for them to print?

Don't think they're exactly the same, the ones from the VF-19 look beefier around the screw. I haven't looked at the parts closely though, so I don't want to assume the YF-19 ones would work at all. You might be able to tweak the YF-19 model file, but it could be easier just making a new part.

Well awesome, I went ahead and ordered the parts that were already in the store. Figure it's worth a shot for 6$. If anew part ends up getting made, well I'll one of them as well then.

This is great either way, very glade I'm not stuck with the broken fuselage. So thank you for making these.

I'm having this same issue, but for differnt reasons. My cat knocked my VF-19f off the shelf and the landing snapped one of the hinges and cracked the other. I've been looking for a replacemnt option for a few weeks now. I may break down and try to cast new ones myself, but I'm not too confident in my skills there.

I checked and that part is similar but definitely not the same as the YF-19 part. After Anime Boston I could start working on a Shapeways replacement.

That would be AWESOME. Right now I'm trying to mill new ones out of aluminum (Something I am familiar with) but i'm doing it manually (no CNC for me) and with the tools I have and the original parts broken it's hard to get proper measurements and fit.

They're just a piece designed to allow for the different versions' heads to all fit snugly. The ones on the Fire Valk open so the head can pop up, but the rest of them are just molded to fit around the head. The only one that actually needs them to move is the Fire Valk.

They're just a piece designed to allow for the different versions' heads to all fit snugly. The ones on the Fire Valk open so the head can pop up, but the rest of them are just molded to fit around the head. The only one that actually needs them to move is the Fire Valk.

Yep.

Just to elaborate: the reason only the Fire Valk needs them is because the side lasers on the Kai's head need to be inside the body of the plane in Fighter mode, whereas they stay popped out on all the other variants.

Thanks, now I'm picturing a Fire Valk/Gurren Lagaan crossover, and thinking of sticking giant sunglasses on my VF-19. :p

Though, now that I think of it, I really want to see that crossover done. I get the feeling replacing Basara with Kamina would have resulted in something truly epic.

Was this brand new in the box? Who was the seller?

that is nasty... :(

in related news... i just bagged myself a second VF-19S from HKC. should arrive in four days or so. i'll be sure to check it out thoroughly;

i want this to be a reliable spare piece to guard against anything happening to my first copy, which has seen so many transformations it's scary,

yet is holding up like the proverbial trooper all the same. really; i just love this piece so much... my favorite Valk toy ever... :wub:

Edited by Shaorin

Got this valk few weeks ago was left in fighter mode until i firat transformed it last weekend.

-should be the biggest (if not one of the biggest) valk in fighter form.equally heavy like the 17s.

-blue looks silly in photo but surprisingly good in real life. It looks so good i replace vf1s with this to place in front of my workstation in fighter mode.

-the design is so beatiful. The shoulder guard above the engine(black color) seems to be the nice touch.

-solid and easy to transform. The engineering of this toys reminds me how technologically advance japanese is( at least in toy industry lol, and it bankrupted. Wtf.)

-not sure why. But i like all three modes of this valk. Fighter looks awesome. Gerwalk looks fierce because of the long neck/fuselage lol. Battroid mode feels so cool. Pilot at the back? Spine and backpack is metal? Awesome.

Should not buy the 17s(ultra painful to transform). Im better off with a 19s and 19kai instead. T.T

Now i need to save up for 19kai(oh and the soundbooster. Damn)

Truly understand why reviews mentioned about engineering when they talked about this toy.

10/10.

Vf1s feels so small and primitive compared to this toy. Lol.

One small issue i found. Left wing not very aligned. Maybe i should unscrew and check.

Don't go unscrewing things before you check out the fit of every part on the plane. It's really sensitive to being properly transformed, so make sure everything is lining up with the shoulders, legs, tails, and head.

One of mine didn't seem to fit right, but it was due to very slight misalignment in the shoulders. Once I fixed that, it all fit perfectly.

indeed, the 1/60 VF-19's are most fiddly. a lot of massaging to get everything just so.

put a dozen transformations under your belt, and familiarize yourself with where and how to put pressure to seat everything properly,

and the whole works will go right together smooth as butter before you know it...

Edited by Shaorin