Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

just emailed and asked them to change the shipping method from EMS to SAL. At this rate EMS is not express anymore (btw, i counted wrong, not 8 days but 9 days late). If they refuse I will just cancel the order all together.

Edit: LOL, just got a message back from NY:

"We actually have a big problem with your order as the constructor seems to have gone bankrupt

It is impossible for us to get in touch with them neither by phone mail or throught their website(as it is closed now)

We trying to find this product somewhere else.

If you rather we can keep looking or we can stop and refund you the money you paid for this product."

Wha?

So they were selling non-preorder items that they didn't have?

Now I'm worried about my order.

I already told them to cancel the order and refund me. I put in the order with Angolz instead. Hopefully they pull through. Just cements in my mind that NY is only good for last resort type of stuff...

No loss if I don't land a Kai though. It's one of my least favorite schemes (I bought a Kakizaki from DYRL before it) and was only something to get after buying everything else I wanted.

Edited by xrentonx

Just when you think it will never happen to you... again... i got my VF-19F and as a couple of others members had reported with theirs, mine arrived with the back edge of the right wing also showing a minor ding - why is it the right wing in all cases? The first time i went over it i didn't even notice it.

I've had very good QC with my purchases in 2012 and so far in 2013, so it was my time i guess. Do you think i can contact Arcadia for a replacement wing? :)

So I got infected with the doom and gloom virus of the whole Yamato situation and ordered a VF19S to be my first and (hopefully for a long time) only Yamato Valkyrie so I have something to remember this toy company that had the guts to engineer and produce all those toys.

So I'm thinking I should add a display stand to my Blazer Valkyrie because I like display stands.

My first glance focused on the Yamato launch arm stands.

How much are they nowadays? I saw one for $180 which seems ridiculous to me but as far as my understanding goes the VF-19 comes with adapters for this stand.

The second option are the Yamato Mighty Block stands. But there I found only some at HLJ but the seem only able to let the Fighter rest loosely on a platform.

So my question is if you can point me to some alternatives and/or the right version of the mighty block stand (or tell me if I'm wrong with my research ;) ).

Also some pictures of the VF-19S with different stands would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

So I'm thinking I should add a display stand to my Blazer Valkyrie because I like display stands.

My first glance focused on the Yamato launch arm stands.

How much are they nowadays? I saw one for $180 which seems ridiculous to me but as far as my understanding goes the VF-19 comes with adapters for this stand.

The second option are the Yamato Mighty Block stands. But there I found only some at HLJ but the seem only able to let the Fighter rest loosely on a platform.

So my question is if you can point me to some alternatives and/or the right version of the mighty block stand (or tell me if I'm wrong with my research ;) ).

Also some pictures of the VF-19S with different stands would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

exact same question here!

Do you think i can contact Arcadia for a replacement wing? :)

not likely. HG has the Western market legally cornered so far as MACROSS/ROBOTECH is concerned,

which means YAMATO/ARCADIA cannot directly service Western-based customers of their MACROSS products in any way whatsoever...

Edited by Shaorin

Just when you think it will never happen to you... again... i got my VF-19F and as a couple of others members had reported with theirs, mine arrived with the back edge of the right wing also showing a minor ding - why is it the right wing in all cases? The first time i went over it i didn't even notice it.

When I unpacked my VF-19P I didn't even notice it was missing an intake cover, the white scheme was too gorgeous and had all my attention I guess :)

There'll be no more customer support for these toys now anyway, and the japanese based fans are in the same boat as us this time.

When I unpacked my VF-19P I didn't even notice it was missing an intake cover, the white scheme was too gorgeous and had all my attention I guess :)

There'll be no more customer support for these toys now anyway, and the japanese based fans are in the same boat as us this time.

And to think that i'm actually a bit anal about the mintiness of my collectables. I've got a P coming... i hope it turns out ok, otherwise it will be on its way back!

Just looking at a few picture of the VF-19 Blazer and Fire Valkyries and I recognized that the have no small fins on the lower legs unlike the YF-29 and the VF-19P. Do you think that Kawamori forgot to add them?

I don't miss them but it strikes me as odd that they are not present on all derivatives of the YF-19 design (much like the canards).

wha?

the 19P doesn't have removable intake covers...

Just looking at a few picture of the VF-19 Blazer and Fire Valkyries and I recognized that the have no small fins on the lower legs unlike the YF-29 and the VF-19P. Do you think that Kawamori forgot to add them?

I don't miss them but it strikes me as odd that they are not present on all derivatives of the YF-19 design (much like the canards).

I'm sure David can better answer this but between the thrust vectoring on the feet and the vernier ring on the "cuffs" there's really no reason why the 19 series really needs the horizontal stabilizers in the first place.

I think the yf-19 and P got them to make them easier to handle, the yf-19 because it was an already difficult to control prototype and P because it was being put into service in the boonies and the pilots out there weren't "elite"

Yeah, LAX is really slacking on the whole import thing. It's why I usually shell out for FedEx if I can, since they don't generally go through there.

To be honest I wasn't in any hurry to get my last shipment a few weeks back so I paid less for shipping and LAX processed everything in less than a day. They're truly completely random.

If you avoid hitting any paint, a flight pose one is probably your best bet. The normal mounting point for the VF-19s is near useless because of how far forward and loose it is.

Even holding it manually by the stand adapter, my Fire Valk wouldn't stay on its mount. That can vary a little by the particular valk and stand mount, but I just don't trust that mounting point at all.

Thanks. I was actually looking for a stand where I could display the Valk in all three modes. But since it's gonna be my only Yamato Valkyrie (hopefully ;) ) I could invest in a Masters Light House and put it on my desk hm...... but it might be a little bit too large for it.