Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

On the Zola, Keep an eye on the green diamonds on the shoulders. I've had 2 different ones and they both had one of he diamonds slip out.

Yeah, they like to pop out a lot. I've superglued one of them on.

In other news, I got a 19S the other day, because I love this sculpt so much. I'm impressed with how the S looks, but for some reason most of the joints are much, much looser compared to the Fire and 19P, right out of the box. Is this the case for anyone else here?

On the Zola, Keep an eye on the green diamonds on the shoulders. I've had 2 different ones and they both had one of he diamonds slip out.

In other news, I got a 19S the other day, because I love this sculpt so much. I'm impressed with how the S looks, but for some reason most of the joints are much, much looser compared to the Fire and 19P, right out of the box. Is this the case for anyone else here?

Thanks for the tip on the P.

I like my S. it seemed about the same as the fire but I have yet to try the P since I am still fiddling with my 17.

Thanks for the tip on the P.

I like my S. it seemed about the same as the fire but I have yet to try the P since I am still fiddling with my 17.

My P's right bicep slidey-cover is installed wrong, it's back to front, or rather in the same orientation as the left side - checked my F, it's got both in the right orientation...

Actually, one nice thing about the P and Fire valk.. if you lift up the speaker covers on the shoulders, you can actually rotate the shoulder covers up far enough to get to the screws and completely take apart the shoulders. If it bugs you, it might not be hard to remove the arm and flip that sleeve around.

Given they're near the same price range due to availability issues for the YF-29, I'd say it's up to which design you like better. Bandai valks have a tendency for their joints to go limp over time, and the VF-19's feet can get floppy if you move them certain ways, so they both have their faults.

I will say that the engineering and molding in the VF-19 is a lot more precise than the stuff Bandai makes, and I prefer it over the Durandal for that reason.. though I'm also biased because the VF-19 is my favorite valk design in general. :)

Right at this particular moment though, given the whole Yamato/Arcadia thing going on, I might go for the VF-19 just because they might get very hard to get soon. Bandai's not going anywhere, and even if they produce absolutely tiny amounts of them, they can always produce more YF-29s if they want to.

Edited by Chronocidal

The vf-19 is an amazing toy. I rate it higher than the yf-29. Yamato valks are way more fun to play and fiddle with than bandai valks and the Vf-19 represents the best of yamato.

i should be in for a serious treat when i finally get one heading my way, then... :wub:

Ok which one of you bought up all the Fire Valks from hlj? I had to clamber around for a ny order last night. :)

I did end up buying 3 Yamato VF kits from hlj though. Feel like I'm goddamn preparing for the end of the world here :D

Congrats! This is an awesome Valkyrie! You will like it. I opened my P last night and it is a beautiful Valkyrie

yeah, it's kind of like coming full circle, after a fashion;

my very first ever "variable" VF was that awful old BANDAI 1/100 of the -19S, back around 1996ish.

15 years on, Yammie's 1/60 treatment will be my latest, and quite possibly last, Kanzen Henkei VF. going out with a bang, at least...

Man, this sucks. So I'm guessing this is it then and we won't be seeing any restocks from HLJ, NY or elsewhere? Wish I got in on the 19P when I had the chance but a lot of expenses came up =(

And the lower priced on eBay are "pre-order and we should get it" type. I already asked... :-)

well, i'll finally be joining the -19S club in two weeks or less, and none too soon it seems! boy i can't wait!! :wub:

gonna see if i can upgrade to the faster shipping option before HK collectibles gets it out. i'm already finding myself impatient!! :p

Edited by Shaorin

Just bought my VF-19 kai from Angolz!

190.50 With EMS!

So excited about my first yamato!

Kinda know what to expect since I deal with Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Version 1. I just hope it's alot better. I kinda have a thing for firey leaders.

Thanks for the help guys

oh my god, i just skimmed through this ( http://www.modxtoy.com/v1/index.php?showtopic=133978 )

and it just hit me like a hammer just exactly how awesomely perfect the -19S actually is!!

now i really know for sure that i am not to be disappointed in the least bit by this beauty,

and this -19S is likely to become (and remain indefinitely) my no.1 Valk toy of all time... :lol::wub::lol:

Edited by Shaorin

Just bought my VF-19 kai from Angolz!

190.50 With EMS!

So excited about my first yamato!

Kinda know what to expect since I deal with Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Version 1. I just hope it's alot better. I kinda have a thing for firey leaders.

Thanks for the help guys

Dude... it is NOTHING like Rodimus Prime. I have them both and like them both, but if you were to compare, I would say the Fire Valkyrie makes Rodimus Prime look like a Playskool / Fisher Price toy. They may be priced similarly but they are nowhere near in the same league. The fit and finish alone is worlds apart.

Dude... it is NOTHING like Rodimus Prime. I have them both and like them both, but if you were to compare, I would say the Fire Valkyrie makes Rodimus Prime look like a Playskool / Fisher Price toy. They may be priced similarly but they are nowhere near in the same league. The fit and finish alone is worlds apart.

I have to agree with this

By the way I am very impressed with the P! You guys were right pictures do not do it justice. The beauty of this thing blew me away. I thought the S would be my favorite 19 but this thing is so beautiful.

post-15125-0-63773600-1363318032_thumb.jpg

post-15125-0-30731400-1363318144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus