Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

f14bf518b955ee2c2b026043c4318f43_zps947a

http://gencolle.jp/useritem/detail/item024231

Sorry if this is a repost, but I came across this japanase site when googling for vf-19p images. Awesome decaling and line-paneling, with missiles to boot! Has anyone modded their vf-19 to be able to carry missiles? There are other valks on the site that are as well done as this. Check it out

The decals look great... except the Zola patrol group wasn't associated with the UN, were they?

Also, I will never understand people's love for slapping corporate logos all over military craft. Yes, you might see them on a prototype, which is what the YF-19 and YF-21 were.. but you're not going to get a stupid engine label plastered all over an in-service aircraft.

Heck, that's half the reason I'm tempted to strip all the markings off my VF-171. It looks like a flying corporate billboard. <_<

Damn! I just ordered the P from NY! Oh well, it's a beautiful Valkyrie.

Good for you! I just got mine last week and she's a beauty. One of the first things I did was to replace the Basara pilot with a spare SV-51 pilot. I'm not all that thrilled with pacifist pilots :p

Lol, that escalated quickly! :blink:

The VF-19F l got looked so nice I decided I wanted the P sooner than later :)

Good for you! I just got mine last week and she's a beauty. One of the first things I did was to replace the Basara pilot with a spare SV-51 pilot. I'm not all that thrilled with pacifist pilots :p

Hahaha I like that! Yamato did such a good job on these Valkyries it's hard not to buy them

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like the 19P much, maybe it is like a lot of you guys say and picture do no justice to the 19P specifically.

My VF19S, VF17S and a VF1J are waiting for me at home, won't be home until saturday to open my boxes.

Maybe I don't like the 19P because Basara sat on it and sang like an idiot and then a whale blew up and its blood turn it into a 19Kai suddenly and more stupid Basara singing.. I guess I would get the 19P if i have some extra cash lying around (doubt it), anyway, its probably sold out everywhere by now thanks to all you guys.

Basically the reason I like the 19P is that it's the only VF-19 we have any hope of customizing. I never even saw the anime it's from, so I've got no attachment to the design aside from it's the least gaudy VF-19 we can buy. I have never understood why the intake covers on all the others are ridiculous colors, while the covers of practically every valkyrie ever have always been gray.

I might keep one in original markings, but any others I plan to get are likely to get stripped bare and have new markings put on. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like the 19P much, maybe it is like a lot of you guys say and picture do no justice to the 19P specifically.

My VF19S, VF17S and a VF1J are waiting for me at home, won't be home until saturday to open my boxes.

Maybe I don't like the 19P because Basara sat on it and sang like an idiot and then a whale blew up and its blood turn it into a 19Kai suddenly and more stupid Basara singing.. I guess I would get the 19P if i have some extra cash lying around (doubt it), anyway, its probably sold out everywhere by now thanks to all you guys.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Basara schemes at all. I hate the red and yellow and I'm not very fond of the 19P scheme either. However, these are great molds so I bought the 19P mainly for that (plus the headsculpt is kickin rad). I may change out the bronze/yellow on it for something less ugly because it doesnt match the red accents at all. I may get around to getting the Kai yet...though I hate the super robot mouth ;)

LOL, Looks like opinions on 7 are as Mixed as ever. Personally, I love Basara and am much more interested in his red Fire Valkyrie and the Zola fleet version than I am in either of the Emerald Squadron production versions... But this is what was awesome about Yamato, they made all of them so it's easy to just get the ones you like.

LOL, Looks like opinions on 7 are as Mixed as ever. Personally, I love Basara and am much more interested in his red Fire Valkyrie and the Zola fleet version than I am in either of the Emerald Squadron production versions... But this is what was awesome about Yamato, they made all of them so it's easy to just get the ones you like.

When I first started watching 7, I disliked it, but it really really grew on me, to the extent that my opinion is the same as yours! Everytime I look at a VF-19S, I think of Docker... which puts me off, I might buy one eventually though, since it's close to VF-1S level prices for now...

Exactly that. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Docker or anything, I thought he was kind of a cool character, but his VF-19 is pretty much dead last on my list of 7 mechs to buy... and I'd only be getting it to set up group-shot photos with Basara and Gamlin valkyries. I mean it's a pretty enough robot... I like the blue and all but eh.

The decals look great... except the Zola patrol group wasn't associated with the UN, were they?

I remember reading somewhere that Planet Zola was UN colony, or something like that. Also, I think I saw the lineart for the VF-19p in the Master File book that had the UN Spacy logo printed on the right wing.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the Basara schemes at all. I hate the red and yellow and I'm not very fond of the 19P scheme either. However, these are great molds so I bought the 19P mainly for that (plus the headsculpt is kickin rad). I may change out the bronze/yellow on it for something less ugly because it doesnt match the red accents at all. I may get around to getting the Kai yet...though I hate the super robot mouth ;)

I'm probably one of the few that loves the VF-19 in all its versions. I totally agree that it's a great mold. My favorite out of all of Yamato's offerings.

I always felt Docker was and unnecessary poor antagonist to Gamlin and a made the VF-19 look useless since they were supposed to be superior to the VF-17 in every way, unlike how Max and Miria kicked ass in their VF-22S.

Back on topic, never saw the 19P as a canvas for customization, would be really kickass to see an awesome scheme on the 19P, the only thing that I have towards the 19P is the wings design is more close to the YF-19, VF-19A instead of the near inverted delta of the VF-19S/F which I thought made the fighter look fat.

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I remember reading somewhere that Planet Zola was UN colony, or something like that. Also, I think I saw the lineart for the VF-19p in the Master File book that had the UN Spacy logo printed on the right wing.

I'm probably one of the few that loves the VF-19 in all its versions. I totally agree that it's a great mold. My favorite out of all of Yamato's offerings.

My understand is that it wasn't a colony world so much as a recently encountered 'friendly' world that had recently been contacted and brought into the fold as a part of the U.N. government, with their planetary defense force working under the U.N.Spacy. If they weren't a part of the U.N.Spacy, it seems unlikely that they'd have been supplied with a unit as new as the VF-19...

didn't get to preorder the rvf-25, but picked up this beauty today from customs instead.

My very first macross toy. I'm happy!

quick snapshot with some of its new friends :)

vf-19s-17wjha.jpg

Edited by miro79

on my vf-19s the rear gear bay doors require some force to open up, and they make a frightening snapping noise when they finally move... is that common with these toys?

also the diecast sliding joint on one arm is pretty loose...

on my vf-19s the rear gear bay doors require some force to open up, and they make a frightening snapping noise when they finally move... is that common with these toys?

also the diecast sliding joint on one arm is pretty loose...

Just re-watched the VF-19 Kai review from jenius and the landing gear doors make some really loud snap noises. He also mentioned that you should be careful with the Gewalk joint because there might break a delimiter.

Give it a watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsvmis4dKQ&list=UUwLPOZ_xJKKVkcaE4DMM9cw