Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

Chronocidal, have you ever tried or succeeded in disassembling the ankle joint? I’m thinking about making a customization…

I did. it's an absolute bitch which involves splitting apart the toe and heel which are both screwed and glued together, and then driving out spring pins.

you don't have to take the whole thing apart. if you open up the screws, you can pop the ball socket out and then do whatever you want to do. Getting it back in is tricky. You need to fully extend the ankle and then use something like tweezers or needle nose pliers to hold it in place while you push the feet back on.

I did. it's an absolute bitch which involves splitting apart the toe and heel which are both screwed and glued together, and then driving out spring pins.

you don't have to take the whole thing apart. if you open up the screws, you can pop the ball socket out and then do whatever you want to do. Getting it back in is tricky. You need to fully extend the ankle and then use something like tweezers or needle nose pliers to hold it in place while you push the feet back on.

Good to know. Thank you guys.

I would say that's an option, but unfortunately, Yamato went back to their old tricks of gluing screw covers over everything. I looked at what it would take to remove the ankle sections, and you'll have to take the entire leg apart somehow.

Unless you just want to remake the ball itself, which actually might not be too hard... Hmm. If you could mold a brand new ball for the joint, and get that to fit into the foot socket, you might be in luck.

Problem is, we don't know what the problem really is. We don't know if the ball is misshapen, or if it's the socket, or even both. If you really want to fix this problem, you might need to make an entirely new foot section.

Just bought a -19 as well. Debated either getting the -19F or the -19P. I went with the 19P in the end for its more unique appearance, white base, and most importantly, long sweep wings with black intakes.

I had an original launch Fire valk, and loved every bit of it except for the horrendous ankles, leading to me selling it. Hopefully, I will be able to appreciate this one more (especially since it doesn't have an outrageous color scheme).

Wow, yeah, where from? If they're that low already, I might need to go grab a couple more. :lol:

Got it off Otacute, but it seems the sale is limited to 1 piece only. Just snagged it without thinking really..

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=29951 -- but it's on backorder now (it was stated that it's only 1 piece on sale :( )

Sorry to get your hopes up

But they do have the VF-17D on discount too, if you're looking for that -

http://www.otacute.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28680&utm_source=otacute_specials_list&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=specials

Times like these I wish the Isamu YF-19 would just get a reissue at that price point too.. no way I can stomach paying about $300 for one...

Edited by SaitouSad

Aaannnnd I had to cancel my VF-19P order. Found a good price on a Metal Composite Gundam Unicorn, and that took priority for me at the moment!

Oh well, maybe I'll get a -P later on sale or something.

Nice! I've been into Macross for a few years, but I'm more of a Gundamhead! I have a couple of GFF MCs, now I'm looking to get into Macross, figured a good place to start is the VF/YF-19!

quote name="fr4nklin" post="1020002" timestamp="1360208956"]

messing around with my iphone and its apps :D

quote]

What app did you use?

Graham

for the pic, i took with camera360 then tweaked it a bit with the effects (comes with the app)

then for the text and line effect, i used halftone

Edited by fr4nklin

Still trying to find a YF-19 at a good price.. where did you get yours?

Well.. I wouldn't say I got mine at a "good price", T'was $280, MIB including shipping. I was specifically looking for the Bird of Prey variant, (I'm a sucker for orangey schemes), so I was prepared to fork out a premium for it.

I got it off caslon on this forum, here's the link to the thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38456

To be honest I don't think the YF-19 is a good deal at $280. The engineering on it so bad. It feels like an antique compared to even the V2 VF-1's.

Well, like I said above... I wouldn't say I got mine at a good price. It's the fact that it's a valk that I admire and like a lot for a long time, and I missed the boat on buying them when they were cheap(er). :wacko:

Well at least I'm most likely to be getting VF-19/VF-17/VF-22 (still undecided) at much lower prices. :D

i'l be joining the -19S club soon myself... :wub:

now, i don't personally foresee the 1/60 VF-19 series ankles being a real issue for me,

as i'm not the big "Nose-Down Aggressive GERWALK" fan that most members around here seem to be.

i prefer a more neutral, level-plane GERWALK stance, which should be no problem whatsoever for the -19S ankles, correct?

Edited by Shaorin

i'l be joining the -19S club soon myself... :wub:

now, i don't personally foresee the 1/60 VF-19 series ankles being a real issue for me,

as i'm not the big "Nose-Down Aggressive GERWALK" fan that most members around here seem to be.

i prefer a more neutral, level-plane GERWALK stance, which should be no problem whatsoever for the -19S ankles, correct?

That's exactly what the problem is. If you can't tilt the ankles back much, of course the plane is going to automatically lean forward.