Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

I think if anyone wants to do a custom with Yamato's VF-19 toys (that requires repainting the nose and also clear coats), they will need to modify the toy. What stopped me from doing any sort of customizations to my 19S was due to the way the chest part of the transformation works in battroid mode. The bottom of the chest has to scrape tightly against the upper sides of the nose cone as the plastic flexes around it in order to lock it down in place, undoubtedly scrapping paint off with it. Perhaps it would be possible to file down the plastic so it just fits over top. I haven't really examined it further so I can't say what sort of adverse effects that would have, aside from not being able to lock down the chest anymore, or if it was even feasible.

For me, any VF-19 I have will be the odd ones out in my collection since I've made it a habit to put my own touches on my valks.

looking forward for what you gonna do to your vf 19 macrossJunkie.. i would like to spray a matte,, and give some feathering.. but i don't no if it would be fit for it..

Although i too prefer the darker shade or red and and brown, the white looks a bit unattractive. I think a snow-white might have fared better. One of B_A_T_'s photos at flickr showed it to be a snow-white and it looked much better that pure white.

NO, MAN! NO! I refuse to believe this! I see faces in everything. There are faces all over the wood panelling of my house right now and they're looking right back at me. Don't come in here with your fancy pants line art "proof." :angry:

I couldn't find the YF-19 thread - so I'm asking here -

What would a 1/60 YF-19 (first-version) with a broken arm go for on Ebay (has box, instructions, no stickers applied, everything else seems to be okay)? I know it is basically going to be for parts. I'm trying to decide if I should sell it or just keep it in my junk toys pile and trash the box.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost everything has been delayed BUT the VF-4 -so far.

It's been my completely uneducated guess that they've had a better turn out for the VF-4 than they thought and have pushed back production on other toys to meet VF-4 demand. It's likely HUGE wishful thinking but that's what I'm going with.

• 2 weeks later...

ordered my 2nd 19F, so my Emerald Force will soon be complete!

I did the same thing last night, with the sale on HLJ I could not resist. This is a really expensive year for Macross goods, for me anyways.

Edited by Loop

• 2 weeks later...

Don't laugh, those missiles are wallet seekers. :p

I'm eagerly waiting to pile up all these boxes in my living room though. This is the biggest pile of Macross I've ever gotten...

*sings*

On the second day of Christmas, HLJ sent to me........

Twoooo VF-4ssss!!

One armor pack, one super nightmare, one whale spermbank,

And a robot with a boombox in spaaace!!! :lol:

(Plus one more VF-19F :p)