Macross Last Frontier for PS3

UN Spacy

So it's still just a demo then? Any hint on when a full version will be out for PS3?

I don't think they ever promised a full HD game, but hope springs eternal. Hopefully future Blueray rereleases

will have similar extras at least. Do want a HD DYRL campaign.

Edited by hulagu

I kinda don't like how the Q-Rea handles. <_<

Why is there a F and B mode?

It handled much better in ACE3 or the PSP Frontier games.

Huh? It's always been that way in the PSP games.F mode = Handles like a Fighter, for high speed manuevering/dodging attacks/dogfighting.B mode = Handles like a Battroid, for strafing/melee.Other non transformable bipedal units handle that way too, like the Large Vajra.

Keep shooting it until no more targets pop up :) Keep an eye on incoming missiles as well, switch to fighter & use chaff as necessary. Once you take out the main body, fly high and behind the head, since its cannons will shred you if you take it head on (pun!). If you have a Valkyrie with a beam gun (such as the YF-29 or VF-27) just tear at it with that from behind. Otherwise use multi-lock missiles & gunpod from directly above it, and sp attack it as necessary.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Getting a bit confused here. IS this the hybrid game that came with the Macross Frontier movie blurays or is this a different demo? Is it available for download in japanese playstation store.

Also if this is using the same engine as Gundam Extreme vs. the melee would be awesome. Extreme vs. for the PS3 is geared more towards melee than beam attacks. I've almost "S" ranked all of that game. Just have a handful of newtype and extra missions left.

Having played extreme pretty thoroughly, I can honestly say the engine still doesn't lend itself towards a Macross game. Arcadey styled twitch action Gundam yes, but the "Frontier" engine is much better suited to the more stratetic Macross styled combat & awesome missile locks. Don't get me wrong, I love Extreme Vs too, but it remains beam spam heavy, and get your ass handed to you if you miss-time a melee attack punish-ey.So no, it doesn't use the Extreme engine, it uses a higher end version of the same PSP mecahnics/engine. Yeah there's some slowdown, but it's still just a demo. No, it's not available on the Japanese PSN, you can only get Last Frontier with the Sayonara no Tsubasa bluray, but the campaign is plenty meaty for the demo that it is.

As for the Ozma type YF-29, don't recall exactly how I got it (or the Ranika/Sheryl paint scheme for the Koenig Monster for that matter), but keep playing through/trying to SS rank missions, it's bound to pop up. You may need to clear all the custom(red) versions of the missions to get it.

Does anyone know if you can get the demo from PSN or similar, as I don't have the Blu-rays, I'd like to try it out without having to go out and import the Blu-Rays for Frontier, as funds are tight at the moment.

Does anyone know if you can get the demo from PSN or similar, as I don't have the Blu-rays, I'd like to try it out without having to go out and import the Blu-Rays for Frontier, as funds are tight at the moment.

Pretty sure I just posted that they're not on the Japanese PSN. Only way to play Last Frontier is to import the Sayonara no Tsubasa bluray. Well that, or wait for the inevitable Vita game (hopefully within the year).

Pretty sure I just posted that they're not on the Japanese PSN. Only way to play Last Frontier is to import the Sayonara no Tsubasa bluray. Well that, or wait for the inevitable Vita game (hopefully within the year).

Thanks Keith, that'll teach me to skim through a topic I've not read for a while.

Can't help thinking it would only do the franchise good if they exposed it to PSN. After all not every Japanese PSN user has heard of Macross. The casual oh what game is that players could lead up to full on fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Keith, that'll teach me to skim through a topic I've not read for a while.

Can't help thinking it would only do the franchise good if they exposed it to PSN. After all not every Japanese PSN user has heard of Macross. The casual oh what game is that players could lead up to full on fans.

I'm not really sure why they haven't put the games up for download. It's not like there aren't any other bamco games up. And no doubt they'd be popular downloads. It may be a music rights issue (too expensive for digital licensing?) who knows. Similar problems have prevented Crisis Core & Birth By Sleep from having download versions.

• 1 year later...

Just got this together with the DYRL hybrid, now that I've finally got a PS3. Loving the YF-29 in this. I never really liked it in the movie, as you don't actually see it that much, but in the game I love watching it, it just looks so awesome and kicks as as well.

Decided to play the hybrids before working my way to playing Macross 30.

Graham

I've actually gone back to play this for a little bit after playing Mac30, as a bit of a break (I can't make any progress on M30 because I just don't have long stretches of time to do so, but these Hybrid Pack games are great for little short missions, with none longer than 10 mins or so). The Isamu YF-29 is apparently in this game, too!

I'm the same, don't understand how most people have time for long stretches on consoles. By the time I'm home from work, had dinner, got the kid to bed, it's usually about 9pm and I'm just so tired I wanna crash.....haha.

To be honest I haven't even got past the first tutorial mission on Macross 30 yet, despite having it for 2 weeks already. I decided to play the Frontier 2nd movie hybrid game instead (never can remember the Frontier movie titles.......LOL they're just 1st and 2nd movie to me). I can sit and play the hybrid game in 10 or 20 minute bursts.

The only time I have time and energy for long gaming sessions is on the commute to and from work, which is why most of my gaming is mobile. Can't lug a PS3 on the bus or train LOL.

Graham

I'm the same, don't understand how most people have time for long stretches on consoles. By the time I'm home from work, had dinner, got the kid to bed, it's usually about 9pm and I'm just so tired I wanna crash.....haha. To be honest I haven't even got past the first tutorial mission on Macross 30 yet, despite having it for 2 weeks already. I decided to play the Frontier 2nd movie hybrid game instead (never can remember the Frontier movie titles.......LOL they're just 1st and 2nd movie to me). I can sit and play the hybrid game in 10 or 20 minute bursts. The only time I have time and energy for long gaming sessions is on the commute to and from work, which is why most of my gaming is mobile. Can't lug a PS3 on the bus or train LOL. Graham

Yeah, I totally understand. And the thing is that there is a remote play option that relays the data from the PS3 to the PSP when you can't be in front of the TV, but what's the point if it doesn't actually work on most games?

Hey all, I just would like to know if the 1st Frontier game (Trial Frontier) had a Limted edition box set like the 2nd Frontier game (Last Frontier). I was able to get the Last Frontier box for a good price. Thanks!

Hey all, I just would like to know if the 1st Frontier game (Trial Frontier) had a Limted edition box set like the 2nd Frontier game (Last Frontier). I was able to get the Last Frontier box for a good price. Thanks!

There's no box for it because the 2nd movie/Trial Frontier box includes an empty space so it holds both movies in one convenient set.

• 2 months later...

There are no playable VF-171's, but they do appear in launch scenes. There's currently no VF-19, unless you get it for clearing everything with an SS or in Ultimate mode, and I think those magazine pic's of the white YF-29 were to hide the existence of the Ozma type, unless you get it for clearing everything with an SS & Ultimate mode. And UN Spacy, therea are 12 levels, not 10, you're not playing hard enough! Sounds like you've only played the blue version of the stages too.

12 levels? I have unlocked the red version and finished all 10 red stages. how do I unlock 11th and 12th levels?