Guest davidwhangchoi

So about video game music, Taito fans should check this out-it's ZUNTATA rockin' out live with a killer shamisen solo:

Nice find, i was looking for stuff from them. i have the OST on my hdd of them for the soundtrack they made for Raystorm.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Maybe a lot of people are not into hair bands... but this guy was one of the best vocals ever esp. when he first came out...

Rare MTV Early Skid Row in Japan... it's all Japanese girls you hear that's singing in the crowd...

Another song later on in the concert

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

damn, i came here to listen to music but now i want some willy wonka jaw breakers (gobstoppers)...

let's word match

"candy everybody wants"

"just my imagination"

that's pretty good since you did the mix live

Thanks for listening. It's been a tough sell to most people I usually know because it skews into the "cheesy" and EDM territory.

A couple of songs from one of the greatest family movies of all-time.

I have always found Willy Wonka to be disturbing personally.

Guest davidwhangchoi

LeVar Burton hosting reading rainbow w/ special guest RunDMC (rare rap by the late jam master jay) :

rap with a positive message

the word "Booyah" (debuted by booyaa tribe) but made popular in mainstream media by this song:

not such a positive message

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

on the rap theme, this short (97-98 sec) fanmade Sesame Street clip got over 9 million views

this one is better bc it's 100% authentic done by cookie monster himself (that other one is fake/fanmade, this is the real thing :) ) almost 2 million views!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

okay, time for some music appreciation.

James Jamerson, arguably the greatest bassist ever, here is a little bio on him: played on many motown classics we know and love today. he played with just one finger! insane timing and precision and speed. no one can replicate his stuff.

here's a bass cover to get an idea of the difficulty:

from pro bassists talking about how difficult the Bass Line for Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On?" starting at 1:47

a little Motown history.

http://youtu.be/YbEWU4jVfcc?t=1s

this is Jamerson live. Enjoy!