I was on board for the first half, but I got worn down. They had a lot of decent ideas that they never resolved in a satisfying way

(They FINALLY add Galvatron & that's what we get?)

. I liked the darker tone, but that was about it. I do like Prime's new look and that many of the robot modes weren't just piles of crap.

Edited by Max Jenius

• 3 weeks later...

I was on board for the first half, but I got worn down. They had a lot of decent ideas that they never resolved in a satisfying way

(They FINALLY add Galvatron & that's what we get?)

. I liked the darker tone, but that was about it. I do like Prime's new look and that many of the robot modes weren't just piles of crap.

As usual, they crammed too many ideas into the movie. There was only enough screentime for one idea, but they decided to follow through with just Galvatron and left the knights thing hanging.

Figured he would be staying.

Why are people still

Why are fans still financing this fool?

Because people love staring at a train wreck. And it happens to be a train that everyone loves. And that train brings tons of cash it.

US fans are not helping him, foreign fans are. These movies are successful because of the foreign markets. In other news Box Office Mojo recently confirmed this is now in the top twenty highest grossing movies of all time. About 170 or so million left and it will trump Dark of The Moon.

ok, this is just neat picking, but... If Drift is a Japanese "samurai" why is he a "German / Italian" Supercar? [bugatti is owned by VW] Plus, if the transformers are aliens why is one of them a samurai or looks like one? In addition, if Drift is now a triple changer, why is the toy not one as well?

I don't know how to feel about this movie. This is like a curse to me. I just hope sometime in the future of man kind someone will produce a movie with accurate[G1iish], good looking bot modes, and not this crumpled aluminum foil fest we get for transformers.

Yes, this was a slightly better film than the previous ones, but it is missing the depth of a decent film IMHO. The thing is i have enjoyed non transformers Bay films the past, but he obviously can't work with fictional characters. He probably sees them as things and not as beings...

I REALLY don't mean to hate, or at this point beat on a dead horse, but COME ON!

^LOL

But vlenhoff has some excellent points, while the Bay Transformer designs don't bother me and I don't care if the Transformers themselves resemble the look of their cartoon counterparts, as long as they evoke a feeling that they're the characters they're supposed to represent - which Prime, Bumblebee, Iron Hide/Ratchet, Megatron and Star Scream. have done (IMHO) but most others have not.

And therein lies the issue, because vlenhoff hit the nail on the head. Bay sees the Transformers as "things" vs characters, this is true with a great number of Autobots and most of the Decipticons (they're just countless, personality devoid, thugs and/or cannon fodder).

He missed the entire premise, robots with personalities. But hey, beating a billion dollar dead horse at this point. Like them or not these TF films are here to stay.

-b.

ok, this is just neat picking, but... If Drift is a Japanese "samurai" why is he a "German / Italian" Supercar? [bugatti is owned by VW]

More to the point VW stated several years ago that they wanted no part in something that portrayed their products in a War environment.

They have obviously forgotten this or seen a very large suitcase full of money Left on the Boardroom table at Wolfsburg.

That said could we see Cliffjumper as a VW Beetle in the next film ??

Well technically Lamborghiniis part of Audi which itself is part of the VW group. Bugatti on the other hand is owned by VW. ^_^

VW more than meets the eye.....

Yay Transformers. Can't wait for the new Masterpiece releases this year. Especially Ultra Magnus. :)

[edit:] Failed to realize that this is the AoE thread. So I have to say that I haven't seen any of the Dinobots besides of Strafe. Even the TRU doesn't seem to have them. Bummer.

Edited by Scyla

As much as I want to believe that, he's said the same thing before and came back when Paramount threw a sack of cash in his face.

Besides, he's said to have recently signed a 3-year contract with Paramount. I can't see Paramount using him for anything other than Transformers.

They should use him for G.I.joe and other Explosion filled no brainers.

Transformers seriously needs some substance, story and heart to get more money.

As a casual fan of Transformers and/or what I like to think is smart movie-making I respectfully disagree that there is a need for substance, story or heart to get more money.

Transformers is a money-making juggernaut at this point, as long as the story is barely passable and there are giant robots blowing sh!t up people will line up to see it. Sad, but true.

-b.

As a casual fan of Transformers and/or what I like to think is smart movie-making I respectfully disagree that there is a need for substance, story or heart to get more money.

Transformers is a money-making juggernaut at this point, as long as the story is barely passable and there are giant robots blowing sh!t up people will line up to see it. Sad, but true.

-b.

The Transformers Franchise is like Justin Beiber, it makes a lot of money, but has no respect from anyone. Like the universe's special punch line to every "what's worse than" question.

• 1 month later...

That was my main complaint with the first live-action film.

I went to see a dumb movie about robots blowing shiznit up and got an awkward teenage coming of age story with balls of shrapnel flying across the screen occasionally.

Edited by JB0

That was my main complaint with the first live-action film.

I went to see a dumb movie about robots blowing shiznit up and got an awkward teenage coming of age story with balls of shrapnel flying across the screen occasionally.

What's funny is AoE also had an awkward teenage coming of age story. But this time with a girl and her dad, however it had more stuff blowing up.

So...improvement?

-b.

What's funny is AoE also had an awkward teenage coming of age story. But this time with a girl and her dad, however it had more stuff blowing up.

So...improvement?

-b.

at no point did a robot pee on anyone in AoE, so I'd say improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Whew! All of those tears of boredom shed during one of the most incomprehensible, uninteresting and pointless movies has left me depleted and completely dehydrated. I'd throw my Masterpiece Skywarp against the wall for the loss of two, three, four hours of my life watching this drivel but I'm too tired to do it....

Whew! All of those tears of boredom shed during one of the most incomprehensible, uninteresting and pointless movies has left me depleted and completely dehydrated. I'd throw my Masterpiece Skywarp against the wall for the loss of two, three, four hours of my life watching this drivel but I'm too tired to do it....

Ha ha ha, dang. So tell us how you really feel myk. :lol:

As long as I can tell what's blowing up, I'm good. :p

And the fact that, that's even a measure of improvement says a lot about the Transformers live-action franchise.

I won't lie, I bought the Blu ray, and at some point I'll even watch it. Why? Because sometimes I enjoy big-dumb-loud-brain-numbing movies to help satisfy my need (or want) to escape real life.

-b.