As bad as the pacing, huge amount of throw away characters, and blatant disregard for standardized movie plot definition.

Most was forgiven, between John Goodman as Hound, and even though it's complete gimmickry BS that Bee that still doesn't talk..

His reactions were pretty well done.

In all reality, the use of Galvatron was a waste of time, you also could have dropped close to 10 characters and shaved

An hour from the movie.

Well this film is the first of the new trilogy remember, so there is going to be two more films lol.

I saw it last night (for free I might add) and in its defence its the better of the three,but really thats not saying much. The movie is pretty much exactly what youd expect,story and action wise its all pretty stock standard. Film could have easily, Easily been cut to be shorter and wouldnt have made a difference to the flow.

RE: Optimus Prime's actions in this movie....

Did Optimus just kill some human scum? :ph34r:

Aside from the CIA dude, he also seems to have killed some redshirts earlier in the movie when they tried to escape from Cemetery Wind operatives. :mellow:

Edited by grss1982

RE: Optimus Prime's actions in this movie....

Did Optimus just kill some human scum? :ph34r:

Aside from the CIA dude, he also seems to have killed some redshirts earlier in the movie when they tried to escape from Cemetery Wind operatives. :mellow:

To quote Bill Cosby: "That's Not the same Optimus Prime I grew up with!!" -_-

My idea about Dinobots

I wish the Autobot ship land on a Natural History Museum full of dinosaur skeletons in HK instead of in the middle of a forest when damaged to give the Dinobots the idea what to transform...

Edited by charger69

As far as Prime killing people goes...

In fairness, this is just a more personal touch on movie Prime's attitude to date. He was pretty willing to let the 'cons trash human cities just to teach the fleshlings a lesson back in Dark of the Moon. He's always been a bit less compassionate in the live-action films than most other incarnations. Arguably borderline insane.

And the humans have been kind of jerks to the autobots when you look at the movies.

They've been enslaved, isolated, used as tools, discarded when it was convenient, lied to about SERIOUS BUSINESS, and whatever is new for the fourth movie.

And yes, Prime was in a bit of a huff back in Dark of the Moon, but... he still sort of let Megatron and Sentinel kill everyone in Chicago.

Not because he couldn't stop them, or because he had to form a plan, but TO TEACH THE HUMANS A LESSON. He waited while the pitiful meatbags were scoured away so that the survivors would realize they DID need the autobots to protect them and MAYBE they deserved a bit better treatment.

Apparently they didn't GET that better treatment. I fully expect Optimus to get a flamethrower, swap out his faction symbol, and start scouring the surface clean himself in the next movie.

Edited by JB0

*snip*

Apparently they didn't GET that better treatment. I fully expect Optimus to get a flamethrower, swap out his faction symbol, and start scouring the surface clean himself in the next movie.

...and gets painted black with teal high-lights and renamed into Scourge. In AoE he has already a sword instead of an axe. :p

Anyhow does the movie explain how Optimus got his sword and shield or does he just have them. A simple yes or no would be enough since I haven't seen the movie yet. :p

Edited by Scyla

In fairness, this is just a more personal touch on movie Prime's attitude to date. He was pretty willing to let the 'cons trash human cities just to teach the fleshlings a lesson back in Dark of the Moon. He's always been a bit less compassionate in the live-action films than most other incarnations. Arguably borderline insane.

And the humans have been kind of jerks to the autobots when you look at the movies.

They've been enslaved, isolated, used as tools, discarded when it was convenient, lied to about SERIOUS BUSINESS, and whatever is new for the fourth movie.

And yes, Prime was in a bit of a huff back in Dark of the Moon, but... he still sort of let Megatron and Sentinel kill everyone in Chicago.

Not because he couldn't stop them, or because he had to form a plan, but TO TEACH THE HUMANS A LESSON. He waited while the pitiful meatbags were scoured away so that the survivors would realize they DID need the autobots to protect them and MAYBE they deserved a bit better treatment.

Almost like a Transformers version of Breaking Bad

...and gets painted black with teal high-lights and renamed into Scourge. In AoE he has already a sword instead of an axe. :p

I think he'd probably take the name Nemesis Prime, personally.

But Scourge has the advantage of being applied to the mold I was thinking of when I said flamethrower.

I don't like the way they have made Prime in the movies. In every single battle, if the humans didn't intervene, Prime would have been killed. They make him into such a weakling against the Decepticon leaders.

TFTM: missiles took out half of Meg's before Sam ends up killing him while Prime is basically been beaten to near death by Megatron.

ROTF: Megatron kills him, human revives him.

DOTM: Sentinel would have killed him if Megatron wouldn't have shot Sentinel in the back.

AOE: Humans help to shoot and destabilize lockdown

I mean, movie prime kinda sucks. He gets his ass whooped everytime.

I don't like the way they have made Prime in the movies. In every single battle, if the humans didn't intervene, Prime would have been killed. They make him into such a weakling against the Decepticon leaders.

TFTM: missiles took out half of Meg's before Sam ends up killing him while Prime is basically been beaten to near death by Megatron.

DOTM: Sentinel would have killed him if Megatron wouldn't have shot Sentinel in the back.

I mean, movie prime kinda sucks. He gets his ass whooped everytime.

Very true. I noticed that too and have gotten pretty annoyed by it.

Yeah, all of that plus it's just how uneven his personality is in the movies.

To be kinda fair, even though his last line in Dark of the Moon was about allegiances being tested and betrayal and how the Autobots would NEVER forsake Earth or humans, I would change my tune too if I, and my brethren started getting shot the hell up.

Transformers: wholeheartedly agree.

Revenge of the Fallen: he was actually kind of bad ass in the battle where he died and then for those 30 seconds he had Jetfire's armor.

Dark of the Moon: Prime was uneven, bad ass at times, a punk at others - notably in the end when it was Megatron that saved him.

Age of Extinction: again uneven, bad ass at times, others fairly inept.

But all of that is just a sign of how the movies treat all of the Transformers as characters.

-b.

I've been reading the reviews, and as much as it falls flat at an Oscar winning movie, it does deserve more credit than the "stay at home professional youtube Movie critics" are giving it.

Without caring about feelings, as a whole, the movie was fun, yes it had bad packing at times, weird structure.. but it wasn't hard to follow. It irritates me

when "reviewers" complain about parts of a movie, because THEY didn't figure it out.

One guy didn't understand why the "Humans" were killing Autobots after they got saved from the pillars....

The Humans weren't hunting the Autobots down, Cane was hunting them down in revenge of his sister dying in Chicago. He had hired a mercenary group to hunt down the Autobots in guise of hunting down decepticons. They made it clear in the movie the president expected dead decepticons, and that anyone finding out about them going after Autobots could bring down the whole deal.

Now the Lockdown plot line was weak, not sure why the "creaters" want Prime brought back to face questioning. On top of that why he needed help finding Prime by a bunch of humans, who couldn't even best a few rednecks, made no sense. Why would a super advanced alien robot need 10 guys in black SUV's to hunt down Prime, in exchange for an ancient weapon. How did Megatron's spark know Lockdown was coming with the "Seed". Why did I watch a movie for hours where they wanted someones "seed" -waka waka.

It had lots of issues, but face value.. it was worth the ticket price, and was fun to watch.

Idk. I could say I enjoyed the other movies but this one managed to tick me off as I was watching it. Maybe because I was paying attention to it.

They killed off the only person that was entertaining, TJ. Autobots fighting eachother. Tech place rags on Bee's design yet make one that looks exactly like him. Bumble bee being juvenile, Knocking down the sting sculpture. Undercover missions aren't important or anything. Girl wants to go back to ship she just escaped from. Ridiculous bickering every chance they could get. Speaking of sparks that they touched on, did Megatron even have a spark??? Pretty sure the humans didn't make one for that body. Missed opportunity to show that the spark is more spiritual than AI data mined from his head. There's a big hole because it looks cool... Really? They said they modeled him after prime, a short nose truck he's never seen before. What happened to ratchets spark that lockdown took? Transformium? Prime breathing, hound smoking? Wtf? Someone else already pointed out the pointlessness of design with cubeformers. Dinobots under utilized. Lack of any sort of build up to them. Rally car guy drove a car in reverse and a tow truck..okay...lol. I can understand why prime would be pissed, yet who cares if he loses Autobots because they seem to appear out of nowhere for him. If they can make leg thrusters out of the blue, they should have all flown into space a long time ago. Idk there's a lot to list. Can't give it a pass this time. Felt like a big FU to TF fans IMO.