When will they make the G1 Transformers movie..? :angry:

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of that when the franchise is rebooted. The real question is when will Universal get tired of the sick cheddar these movies make and allow the franchise to be rebooted? Edited by RD Blade

I'd say there's a 50/50 chance of that when the franchise is rebooted. The real question is when will Universal get tired of the sick cheddar these movies make and allow the franchise to be rebooted?

Paramount

-b.

WOAH! I was just comparing AOE to ROTF.....According to Rotten Tomatoes, AOE is WORSE I repeat WORSE than ROTF. How.....I mean.....wha? .......Holy crap :blink: I mean I know it's been 5 years since ROTF, but AOE is already that much of suckness in comparison? Wow!

Case anyone is curious, as of 6:11PM Pacific Time, RT has ranked AOE as 13% with ROTF at 19%...yikes!

Like Paramount would ever be stupid enough to through out a formula that has made them billions of dollars

The formula is already predictable. Once that translates to less money, it's reboot o'clock.

Paramount

-b.

Thanks. Was trying to remember which of the two it is.

Edited by RD Blade

WOAH! I was just comparing AOE to ROTF.....According to Rotten Tomatoes, AOE is WORSE I repeat WORSE than ROTF. How.....I mean.....wha? .......Holy crap :blink: I mean I know it's been 5 years since ROTF, but AOE is already that much of suckness in comparison? Wow!

Case anyone is curious, as of 6:11PM Pacific Time, RT has ranked AOE as 13% with ROTF at 19%...yikes!

Yeah, that's rather scary. Going to try and check this out tomorrow, but it all depends on what real life has in store for my Friday.

The formula is already predictable. Once that translates to less money, it's reboot o'clock.

Thanks. Was trying to remember which of the two it is.

All good! I went to look it up just in case there was some change or crazy distribution rights thing.

-b.

Why would you watch something about transforming alien robots in a galactic civil war for generic humans that are in virtually every other story ever made? Not trying to be mean or anything, I just want to know the logic behind that.

Which is basically what I've been saying since the first movie premiered. Why the CRAP are we watching all this overwrought melodrama about some high school kid and his girl in a movie about cars and planes and trucks that turn into giant robots and shoot each other?

The general lack of shooting is largely why I rank Revenge of the Fallen above Transformers. It may be an objectively worse film, but it had a much larger dose of robots shooting each other. In that robots shot each other. And that was all I was there for. I could care less about how whether or not Sam and Mikala can find time to make out on Bumblebee's hood. (Side note: You can't find a better place to make out than sitting on top of your buddy's roboface? Real classy, dude. )

Just saw it... I can usually find something to enjoy from bad movies to give it a watchable pass, except this one. IMO it is worse than Rotf. It ran way too long (almost 3 hours) focusing on really embarrassing, badly written scenes. Shots were a mess. Bots are not there, then suddenly they're fighting. Did they have to throw in every sound byte from John Goodman? Even the dinobots and a pony couldn't save this. There were possibilities to return to points that were introduced but never happened. Not even going to buy this on BD. Its a mess and I'd be surprised if the general audience doesn't get a clue that the next bayformers will not get better.

Bleaugh the only character I liked about the movie was Lockdown. I hated the way the "bootleg" transformers 'transformed'. Seems so lazy. I like that they made Drift a triple changer and he should have been made to transform from the three interchangeably for a scene or something.

Just saw it... I can usually find something to enjoy from bad movies to give it a watchable pass, except this one. IMO it is worse than Rotf. It ran way too long (almost 3 hours) focusing on really embarrassing, badly written scenes. Shots were a mess. Bots are not there, then suddenly they're fighting.

Glad to see they're keeping the same formula since the first movie...

Which is basically what I've been saying since the first movie premiered. Why the CRAP are we watching all this overwrought melodrama about some high school kid and his girl in a movie about cars and planes and trucks that turn into giant robots and shoot each other?

The general lack of shooting is largely why I rank Revenge of the Fallen above Transformers. It may be an objectively worse film, but it had a much larger dose of robots shooting each other. In that robots shot each other. And that was all I was there for. I could care less about how whether or not Sam and Mikala can find time to make out on Bumblebee's hood. (Side note: You can't find a better place to make out than sitting on top of your buddy's roboface? Real classy, dude. )

C'mon, you know Bee liked it.

Although, you rank RoTF above Transformers...ewww. Granted it's like arguing over which ugly girl is hotter. :p

Glad to see they're keeping the same formula since the first movie...

Zing!

Emergencies or any other melodrama notwithstanding I'm probably gonna check this out today. But 3 hours, damn.

-b.

I'm just being mean; I'll check it out as well..

Ha, you're just calling it as you see it and probably very accurately too.

I have NO illusions about what I'm walking into, it's very masochistic of me but they had my money ever since I first saw Prime riding Grimlock. It's just too funny/dumb a spectacle for me to pass up, everything else will just be icing on the cake.

-b.

Although, you rank RoTF above Transformers...ewww. Granted it's like arguing over which ugly girl is hotter. :p

Pretty much, yeah.

Like I said, I made the call ENTIRELY based on which one offered more gunplay and coherent action sequences. I could generally tell what was going on in Fallen's fight scenes.

And, well... Devastator's big brass balls were less embarrassing than the extended conversation about Sam's happy time and all the various euphemisms thereof. And mercifully shorter.

I actually ENJOYED Dark of the Moon, though. To date it's the only live-action Transformer film I'd even CONSIDER watching again, in spite of the complete waste of Shockwave and "how in Primus' name do you make a chase scene through a collapsing skyscraper BORING?" and writing all the surviving Decepticons back in just to execute them, and...

Look, I said I enjoyed it, not that it was a good movie. But that still makes it the best of a bad lot.

I'm sure Age of Extinction will be terrible and I'll wish for my money back. But... a part of me still wants to go.

...I'd be surprised if the general audience doesn't get a clue that the next bayformers will not get better.

I think everyone already understands this, but you guys keep throwing money at them by buying tickets and BDs despite it.

The future movies will be just as bad or worse, and they will make more money than these. Please guys, stop rewarding them for this crap.

I just got back from seeing it, easily the best of the quadrilogy. It was basically Bay giving us what Dark of The Moon should have been and delivered. More action, better pacing, and better Transformers all around. Lockdown is easily the best Transformer in these movies. My only complaint is that Stinger was treated more like a named grunt than an actual threat.

The Transformers need to be in the hands of someone who grew up with them. Someone who "gets it." I knew I'd be disappointed and I was very forgiving with a lot of things, but the lazy and sometimes offscreen "transformations" were the last straw. Bay and company got my money four times for these faux "Transformers" movies. There won't be a fifth; I'm done.

Bay should stick to Bad Boys movies and the like.

Edited by Drad