DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Wow. Now I'm happy I skipped over the 1st DX releases. :D

You and me BOTH! Actually, I purchased one. I usually go balls out and order the entire series, but something told me to hold back. SOOOOO glad I did.

If this one has better paint apps and is better designed, I will probably get to go "balls out" on Macross Frontier! :)

You and me BOTH! Actually, I purchased one. I usually go balls out and order the entire series, but something told me to hold back. SOOOOO glad I did.

If this one has better paint apps and is better designed, I will probably get to go "balls out" on Macross Frontier! :)

And then Version 3 comes out :D

I’m not sure about that, nor do I think it’d be really necessary. If proportions, sculpt, QC and transformation are ok this time around I don’t know what else could be improved; mainly considering we are talking about a toy made after CG designs where there’s not much room for interpretation –as it is e.g. the case of the VF-19s where the original designs involved a lot of anime magic.

Also I’ve heard this time Bandai had the precious collaboration of the guys that help Yamato with their designs (FLEX). Even though I can’t confirm that, if that was the case I wonder what would be the interest in investing lots of money to produce something so similar to what the market would already be flooded of…

One never knows, but I wouldn’t hold my breath…

And then Version 3 comes out :D

No! Don't cure this release with your prophecy's of doom! Ha ha! You're probably right! Seriously, that's been the formula since Yamato has entered the scene.

Why expect anything different???

I just hope it's good enough toy to want to keep. Enough for me to NOT want to get the inevitable v3. Or v4. :)

Edited by ae_productions

Not being able to have the ver. 1. I see myself being happy with the version 2. It's quite pointless for myself to purchase a ver. 1 when the option of getting something better would be present at the time that I can make the acquisition. The thought of a ver. 3 is something that does not come to mind at the moment.

Everyone shut up about a v3.0 :lol:

Does anyone else see a matte finish on this?

For a Stealth fighter? That would be proper! Can't wait for this fighter! I told my wife this is all I want for Christmas! :) I've never seen Macross 7. But I got the old BanDai, and it became one of my favorite Valks. I have such high hopes for this toy. I hope it's as good as the 1:60 v2 VF-19. That toy is rock solid. For a Yamato first release, that's unheard of!

Is it December yet?

For a Stealth fighter? That would be proper! Can't wait for this fighter! I told my wife this is all I want for Christmas! :) I've never seen Macross 7. But I got the old BanDai, and it became one of my favorite Valks. I have such high hopes for this toy. I hope it's as good as the 1:60 v2 VF-19. That toy is rock solid. For a Yamato first release, that's unheard of!

Is it December yet?

Yeah... This thread is about Bandai's DX VF-25F V.2. Go to the proper one :huh:

Everyone shut up about a v3.0 :lol:

Does anyone else see a matte finish on this?

It that last picture posted it sure seems that way, but this is Bandai we're talking about, so I'm not holding my breath. I'm tempted to pre-order another one, but I think I'll get two of the Ozma's instead. :p

-Kyp

Well I cancelled my pre-order today.

Decided to rather wait for the Ozma version.

An armored one would be cool but I'm still going to keep my Alto pre-order as I really love the way a completely bare VF-25 looks in Gerwalk.

I still worry that the version 2 would be a one-shot thing.

Bandai has a bad track record of not completing a line. From Gundam to Kamen Rider (Armour Trans/SHF/SIC) to VF100 to Robot Spirit Side VF.

Or it wasn't meant to be a line at all. e.g. Metal Build, GFFMC, Armor Plus.

I still worry that the version 2 would be a one-shot thing.

Bandai has a bad track record of not completing a line. From Gundam to Kamen Rider (Armour Trans/SHF/SIC) to VF100 to Robot Spirit Side VF.

Or it wasn't meant to be a line at all. e.g. Metal Build, GFFMC, Armor Plus.

Generally that applies when the mold is not the same. But when most of the mold is the same, they milk it!

I'm pretty sure they're planning to redo the entire line, considering the super and armor packs caused some of the biggest problems the first line had to begin with. I can't really think of any reason for redesigning the leg lock the way they did unless it's to improve the way the super and armor packs work.

Plus, you can already see they're prepping for the other versions. A couple of shots show Alto's backplate clear enough to see the plug for the spot where Luca's dish will plug in, and the piece directly behind the head has a seam that looks like it's a swappable piece to adapt different head types.

The only thing I don't see is slots/holes/tabs to plug the various super/armor parts into the back/chest, but I can't imagine them making the same mistakes as the first run. I'm hoping it just means they've found a more subtle way of attaching the pieces.

More will almost certainly be available upon release, the question will be HOW MUCH will they be available for?

i'm wondering where the "more" is for the YF-29... the 27's restocks came out like a month after its initial release... i'm worried that Bandai might become more conservative with the production numbers for the v.2 (thinking that v.1 owners might not want to double dip) which will drive prices up even more... the current JPY exchange rate alone is making me think twice before purchasing anything new. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Bandai throwing in a saluting EX-Gear Alto? :huh:

That's no salute, that is what you see pilots doing with their hands demonstrating aircraft maneuvers.

Think Isamu Dyson. Awesome addition though.

Edited by Loop