DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Worst case scenario, ask me. My wife and I buy a lot off evilbay. I troll the Macross stuff like nobody's business. Not to mention you can always check ebay sellers against the SSL and Blacklist. I see people from this site selling stuff all the time.

Are they holding off the renewal VF-25G in favor of the VF-171EX?

Kinda surprised we haven't seen an announcement.

There was a 3 month gap when they released the original 25S and 25G.

Thanks for the recommendations and advice, guys. Thing is, I'm not willing to pay anything above retail price for the Ozma. And knowing how popular the thing is, I'd have to pay through my nose for one on ebay...and that's before adding shipping to the final price.

And forget about returning a defective one, since sellers don't usually have a lot of stock like online stores.

If your patient for most valks you can find deals. Although with these ver 2 25's I think the somewhat inflated prices are ok. Don't want to say that too loud. I mean they look great. Very modern. I find it hard to believe I paid $300 for the vf-17. Its not anything to do with how its made but the 7's designs are kinda blandy/cartoony if that makes sense while these 25's look top notch modern. Not downing Yamato at all they just made what the anime showed. I still love my 17. I just paid $270 for an Alto and am quite ok for that. I was lucky enough to get a preorder in on the Ozma.

Well I finally caved in a bought one that poped back in stock on animekinginc.com got it for 250$ shipped. It's the cheapest I was able to find and I did A LOT of web browsing for it. Now all I need is for it and my VF-11B from evilbay to get to me.

Hi all,

I know I am arriving late to the party but is there any place where I can pick up V2 Ozma and Alto without selling my 1st Born?

Thanks

Considering the events currently going on in the VF-171 EX thread, I'd say it's looking like you and I are royally screwed at this point.

-Kyp

Got my Alto from Anime King yesterday, Box was mint, toy is nice and tight, there is a tiny scruff on his lower right leg right above the ankle, other than that, it's better than i expected it to be.

IMAG0053.jpg?t=1330627824

Got my Alto from Anime King yesterday, Box was mint, toy is nice and tight, there is a tiny scruff on his lower right leg right above the ankle, other than that, it's better than i expected it to be.

That good news since I ordered from them this morning, I hope mine arrives in good shape.

Well I finally caved in a bought one that poped back in stock on animekinginc.com got it for 250$ shipped. It's the cheapest I was able to find and I did A LOT of web browsing for it. Now all I need is for it and my VF-11B from evilbay to get to me.

$250 shipped is a pretty good deal at this point.

Hi all,

I know I am arriving late to the party but is there any place where I can pick up V2 Ozma and Alto without selling my 1st Born?

Thanks

Sell your 2nd born.

Maybe Anime King had their source go scoop up all the shelfwarming 25F renewals in Japan and China. :lol: They seem to be the only game in town with any decent stock.

If I'm gonna buy one it's gonna be Ozma. No Alto for this guy.

More Macross fans should have this view. Enough with anime pretty boys! :)

I can relate more with the grizzled old bastards more than the pretty boys.

I'm not buying Alto because I relate to him. I simply like the VF-25F better. Same for the vF-1, I bought Hikaru's DYRL VF-1S because I liked the color scheme better.

In the past I used to think the prices were more reasonable and could justify spending $250 to $280 on a valk but prices have been getting too ridiculous lately. All of the first releases at least came with a set of armored parts out of the box. You at least got your monies worth. I can't help but feel like bandai is trying to gyp us out of out hard earned money by just providing the bare minimum of accessories and making us pay through the nose for the super or armor parts by not boxing them with the figure itself...

Yeah I can see that it is a new mold and redesign and all but I really can't see them justifying this price point at all... I mean if you calculate the total amount of money were gonna have to spend on just one valk with all the accessories its well over 350 U.S dollars... That is just waay too much for any single toy IMO no matter how nice it may be... I can get a laptop that can play skyrim and all the latest games for that much at bestbuy right now... The armor parts are just plastic molds and in no way do they cost that much to make...

This is an obvious money grab that bandai is doing here and they're laughing all the way to the bank as long as we all keep buying this crap. This gets me really upset because I have seen the prices for their macross line inflate exponentially over the past 3 years and it is uncalled for IMO.

From looking at their gundam lineup I can't say the same... I Have been collecting most of their metal composite lineup since their debut and the prices have generally stayed the same all these years. You also get all the accessories boxed with the fig from the get go. You definitely feel you get your monies worth. With the macross lineup not so much... I feel like I just pay full price for just the figures and have to pay 150 plus for some plastic parts... its really absurd when you think about it...

If more people boycotted their products and were more vocal about it this would not still be an issue. For now I am disgusted with bandai and their business practices and plan on boycotting all their future macross releases as long as they keep doing this crooked crap... I encourage everyone here to do the same... At least with yamato you still get everything you need for the valk out of box... This crap is getting out of hand bandai...

I have no problem with Bandai's pricing. Places like Amiami and Anime-Export give you 20-27% off. What's killing us is A) the exchange rate. B) The armour and super packs being Tamashii web exclusives. C) Because they are web exclusives, we have to pay a third party a big premium in order to get them shipped to us. You compare their prices to the Yamato prices and it's night and day. And you still get a stand. The Yamato valks lately don't come with stands and you have to buy the accessories separately. You have to remember we're not their target audience. And Bandai can't bring Macross over here domestically to sell thanks to those evil bastards at HG. Bluefin is bringing over lots of Tamashii web exclusives from other lines over to the US as wide domestic releases, but they can't bring over Macross. HG needs to be killed. With Fire.

Edited by pud333

In the past I used to think the prices were more reasonable and could justify spending $250 to $280 on a valk but prices have been getting too ridiculous lately. All of the first releases at least came with a set of armored parts out of the box. You at least got your monies worth. I can't help but feel like bandai is trying to gyp us out of out hard earned money by just providing the bare minimum of accessories and making us pay through the nose for the super or armor parts by not boxing them with the figure itself...

Let's check:

DXv1 VF-25F - 12,000 yen, no add-on, no stand

DXv1 VF-25G - 16,000 yen, super pack and stand

DXv1 VF-25S bundle - 18,000 yen, armor pack and stand

DXv1 super pack with stand - 4,000 yen

DXv1 armor pack with stand - 6,500 yen

DXv2 VF-25F or VF-25S - 14,000 yen, stand

DXv2 super pack - 4,725 yen

DXv2 armor pack - 8,190 yen

It's not that bad but if you use US$ - see how the rate changed in 5 years. The price for the add-on increased quite a bit and we only have a few photos to look at before deciding on ordering them. We will see if they are worth the price.

From looking at their gundam lineup I can't say the same... I Have been collecting most of their metal composite lineup since their debut and the prices have generally stayed the same all these years. You also get all the accessories boxed with the fig from the get go. You definitely feel you get your monies worth. With the macross lineup not so much... I feel like I just pay full price for just the figures and have to pay 150 plus for some plastic parts... its really absurd when you think about it...

You can't really compare with this line since there are big difference in size of each set. They also have a serious supply shortage with 00 and Unicorn with eBay price as crazy as DX YF-29.

I know I'm kind of late on this, but since I got back into collecting last month and got a VF-25F v2 on it's way, I was wondering where could I buy the v2 super parts at a reasonnable price. I found BBTS at 110$, but paying twice the MSRP is a bit of a downer. Any suggestions?

I have no prob with "BANDAI'S" pricing at all. The valks look great.

Would you believe I paid $220 for a VF-25G tornado then when it fell off the dresser and broke I bought the first one I could find @ $260. man.... Well at least it does look good in fighter.

I know I'm kind of late on this, but since I got back into collecting last month and got a VF-25F v2 on it's way, I was wondering where could I buy the v2 super parts at a reasonnable price. I found BBTS at 110$, but paying twice the MSRP is a bit of a downer. Any suggestions?

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figurines-autres/1132-macross-f-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-25f-saotome-alto-custom-renewal-ver.html

http://www.anime-export.com/product/7777

http://yokattaweb.jp/store/preorder/291-super-parts-VF-25F-alto.html

It will be hard to find it cheap now since Bandai already closed the web order for the super parts. All that can be listed are what the individual shops ordered and they can't order more from Bandai.

http://www.nippon-ya...enewal-ver.html

http://www.anime-exp...om/product/7777

http://yokattaweb.jp...F-25F-alto.html

It will be hard to find it cheap now since Bandai already closed the web order for the super parts. All that can be listed are what the individual shops ordered and they can't order more from Bandai.

Thanks for the info. Nippon-yansa is a lot cheaper than BBTS got it there for 6690 yen which translates to about 81$ CAD shipped. Me thinks it's quite a deal.

Edited by Lonewolf