DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Hopefully bundles, but with Bandai, who the heck knows? Nothing they've been doing lately seems to make an sense. They may just do a straight reissue like they did the 29.

That is if they're planning re-issues? Were all the v1 re-issued?

Edited by Omegablue

That is if they're planning re-issues? We're all the v1 re-issued?

I believe they really didn't have too re-issue the V1's because they were pretty readily available. You could find most of them a while later after release unlike the renewals which seem to sell out at the pre-order stage.

The only one I remember them re-releasing was the VF-25f with that blue-tinted plastic and the lighter blue super parts.

I would bet that Bandai will re-release the renewals, especially considering the 30th anniv. However, I sincerely doubt there will be any parts bundles. Again, if I was to bet, I would put my money on the super/armored parts staying aTamashii web shop exclusive.
Edited by Rabidweezil

Gah! What's the issue with Bandai these days (and not just on the Macross side of things either). Stuff that is coming out is being released in such insignificant stocks that missing a pre - order dooms one into waiting endless days for a re-release or forking over limbs to evilBay sellers to get one. (Even pre-orders aren't confirmation of recieving a product nowadays). Why is this such an issue with Bandai's newer line-ups? Back in the day, I could have sworn that picking up a V.1 release would have been easy as cake if one desired, even months after release.

I just hope things pick up again soon. I've been waiting on a re-release of a LOT of items (once again, not just Macross either [looks at Metal Build 00])

Yeah, I wish Bandai would ease up and quit being such tightwads with regards to stock. I've been very lucky with preorders so far, managing to snag what I want from amiami, but I am so paranoid I am going to miss out on the others.

I've been wondering, but is much of this stuff available in retail stores in Japan (for thsoe that reside there right now)? I only ask because I have a friend traveling there [Tokyo] this summer, and was hoping he could potentially pick up some of the more rare stuff.

Edited by Archer

Hmmm...awfully quiet at this front. Wonder when VF-25G <Renewal> going to make an appearance? :ph34r:

Though, with upcoming toy releases such as the SHFs, Masterpieces and even Yamato Macrosses, I appreciate the lull in the storm..

Probably after the new range of Gundams are announced. They take priority for Bandai.

I believe Bandai's big release for Tamashii in the next month or so is the Metal Build Freedom, which maybe why any chogokin Macross release news are still pending. Actually, I think that may be a contributing factor to the the situation.

It would be horrible if the renewal line was only done for Alto and Ozma's valks. That would be such a sick troll on Bandai's part...

I believe Bandai's big release for Tamashii in the next month or so is the Metal Build Freedom, which maybe why any chogokin Macross release news are still pending. Actually, I think that may be a contributing factor to the the situation.

It would be horrible if the renewal line was only done for Alto and Ozma's valks. That would be such a sick troll on Bandai's part...

Well I noticed Bandai was very quiet at Wonderfest this year. No big Mecha announcement, and could be following their previous pattern of announcing big items in the Japanese summer.

They didn't even have anything for Evangelion, which was very strange considering the new movie for this year, and that's one of their product flagships.

Though when Eva mechs are shown, my interest for Macross frontier usually slips away.

Then again Bandai does have a history of leaving Macross lines incomplete, especially with Frontier. Example, those articulated pilots that they only made Alto. Then there's the Tamashi's valks, both the standard and the transformables.

Yeah agreed. From what I recall (and please correct me if I'm wrong), Bandai usually don't have too much of a presence at Wonder Fest.

Graham

In the last few years during the winter wonderfest, yes true for the Macross and Gundam lines. Though their other lines were still present.

Omitting Evangelion figures this year was probably to not spoil the new film.

And yeah, lately they also seem to concertrate more on their Tamashi events.

Glad to here from those of you that know, that this is looking better than the original. Can't tell though if the missile clusters are painted, like what was shown for the Alto packs, or if they are just solid red plastic. Also, I think graham had mentioned something about vents on the sides of the leg armor?? Not really familiar with the armor pack and was curious if these are more accurate. Still ordered a set just curious, from the sounds of things, it seems like this is a real winner. :)

Chris

It's really looking nice. Too bad I missed out on both Alto and Ozma's VF. I really hope they rerelease those in the future. Maybe I ought to buy the Armor and Super Pack even if I don't have the VFs.

I have to agree, the armor parts look like an epic win on the fan's part, and for Bandai. I'll be happy when this comes in. It'll be my first armor set purchased. Never got the version 1 set. I hope there's news of the RVF, and Michael's version.

It's great that they got the vents in which were missing on the previous version as well as the missing markings.

Seems like the chest missiles are painted, but the leg and shoulder missiles still look like single molded pieces of red plastic to me. Doesn't matter as much to me though since I rarely have those open. Looking forward to this.