DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Nah, gimme a DX VF-171/VF-171EX before a renewal VF-27. Heck, I'd even prefer a cannon fodder DX VF-25A over a renewal VF-27.

A renewal VF-27 is way, way down on my personal list of desired VF toys.

Graham

And by the time they finish making all that stuff the VF-27 will be an old enough toy that people will actually want to buy it all over again.

I agree with Graham. The VF-27 isn't as stellar as the V2 VF-25 but its still a good toy. I could think of many other toys I'd rather have than a renewal VF-27.

I agree. The VF-27 isn't perfect but still a good enough toy IMO. I'd like to see lots of other things -new and renewed- before a retooled VF-27.

Yeah aren't these topics supposed to be about the thread headline. It seems every time I post something off in a forum someone jumps in later and says keep it on track.

Anyway Im happy with my 27 so far. The 171 would be a definite no doubt buy for me if they threw in the knowhow they used in the V2 25. I think they are awesome. Gonne be a busy year. I still need to pick up an V2 Alto. VF-4's a must, and prob throw in the 17D even though Im not a huge fan of the head. At least the 29 is paid for with fast packs on the way.... :)

Well if we want to stay on topic I hope they get around to showing us Michael, Luca and a CF (no chance in hell) sometime soon because I want all three of those (and will buy the two that will actually exist.)

I'm surprised we haven't even seen a glimpse of the other Messiahs by now. C'mon Bandai, give me something to keep me going! :p

I want Bandai to come out with a VF-171EX before another VF-27 as well. The VF-27 looks perfectly fine in fighter and GERWALK mode. It just needs a tweak to the battroid to use the same crotch angling lock and swingbar lock mechanism as the renewals, but I don't think the v1 looks particularly bad even in battroid mode.

The VF-171 is rapidly becoming Frontier's VF-4: everyone wants one but you'll probably have to wait 30 years for one. :p

Given how stingy Bandai's production runs of the hero units have been, I don't see a 171 ever coming out. I hope Bandai proves me wrong since I'd love one too, but I'm not holding my breath.

The VF-171 is rapidly becoming Frontier's VF-4: everyone wants one but you'll probably have to wait 30 years for one. :p

The only problem with that analogy is the VF-171 didn't only appear in a twenty minute music video for four seconds. The 171 is prominent, Hell, the 171 actually has a hero paint scheme too.

Given how stingy Bandai's production runs of the hero units have been, I don't see a 171 ever coming out. I hope Bandai proves me wrong since I'd love one too, but I'm not holding my breath.

It'll be made. But it will either be sold as a web exclusive or preorders will sell out in five minutes. Either way, MW will burn with nerd rage.

The only problem with that analogy is the VF-171 didn't only appear in a twenty minute music video for four seconds. The 171 is prominent, Hell, the 171 actually has a hero paint scheme too.

But the VF-4 has HISTORY!

A LEGACY!

And top billing on the VF-X poster.

Oh! Well, if you want to be picky about analogies, then we can compare it to the VF-11. Then the wait is only fifteen years. Feel better now? :p

If we're going to see a real VF-171 toy release, I think it'll be years down the line when Yamato (or some other similar company) picks up the Frontier license. I don't see Bandai bothering with something like the 171.

Edited by Lolicon

I'm pretty sure Bandai will do the 171 this year. It's just a hunch. If they do the 171 I hope they do the 171 hero version, but I'll take the cannon fodder one no problem.

Edited by pud333

I dont mean to be spammy but if anyone is looking for a VF-25S renewal version from a trustworthy US seller.... I just posted my unopened one on evilbay. I really wanted to own this toy but I simply can not afford it right now. I did not even open it and play with it any which is maybe stupid. However it is a great testament to my will power (not to brag). Thinking about it makes me really sad actually... What am I on about? I think some Yoshinol will help drown my sorrows.