DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

i have a question, just wanna know the second pilot that came with the v2 vf25s, is it really ranka lee or cathy glass? please correct me if i am wrong, i cant recall ranka riding on the 2nd seat of the vf25s the whole series, what i can recall is that cathy and ozma together while investigating the secrets of grace, and that cathy is also wearing a spacesuit similar to the second pilot figure that came with the v2 vf25s...

Suppose to be Ranka but the thing is so tiny you can use your imagination and pretend it is anyone you like :)

Got a faulty one. So livid and depressed. Paid so much for it.

So yeah, my VF-25S finally arrived today. The right wing doesn't fold down in plane mode, nor click like the left one, and there's this 3mm gap over the intake area. It just doesn't want to slot in!

My friend's one, ordered with mine, doesn't have this flaw and both wings perfectly fold and click down into position.

I just want to F***ing scream.

Edited by Omegablue

Got a faulty one. So livid and depressed. Paid so much for it.

So yeah, my VF-25S finally arrived today. The right wing doesn't fold down in plane mode, nor click like the left one, and there's this 3mm gap over the intake area. It just doesn't want to slot in!

My friend's one, ordered with mine, doesn't have this flaw and both wings perfectly fold and click down into position.

I just want to F***ing scream.

Care to post some pictures of the problem? Curious to see what this looks like. Maybe someone here can offer a fix of some sort.

Care to post some pictures of the problem? Curious to see what this looks like. Maybe someone here can offer a fix of some sort.

My friend has my digital cam, will do when I'll get it back on my Monday. Yeah, I'll be needing all the help I can get. :(

Thanx

Hopefully it's nothing more than a little excess plastic in the wing hinge. Mine had that, and I was able to trim it on the backside of the backplate, so it'll never show. Mine wasn't a bad gap to begin with though, so I hope it's not a serious problem.

Thanks, where about did you trim exactly? Did you use a file or a knife?

Also got two more problems. Left aerial completely loose. Just hangs. Right shoulder ball joint also loose, sways down when holding the gun. How would I fix that???

And anyone else also get their hands stabbed several times while transforming it?

Thanks, where about did you trim exactly? Did you use a file or a knife?

Well, where to trim will take some really close inspection. I looked under the wing, and there was some excess plastic on the underside of the wing glove, right next to where the large hinge was. I trimmed it with a small hobby knife, because I couldn't get a file into a space that small.

Thing is, there could be mold leftovers practically anywhere in that area, and anything out of the ordinary could cause the wings to not sit right. You'll need to inspect each piece involved, and compare it to the piece on the opposite side to see if any of them could be the cause.

I'd recommend a very small file if you can get one, since there's less chance of gouging chunks out of the plastic (or your fingers), but it may not be an option depending on how much room you have to get to the problematic piece.

Just look really carefully for what is causing it before you start cutting, and you'll be good.

Right shoulder ball joint also loose, sways down when holding the gun. How would I fix that???

Here you go. I did this to my 27. Works wonders.

i made this video for the 29 but it should work on the 25 as well

Here you go. I did this to my 27. Works wonders.

Thanks, bud.

Chronocidal, I took your advice very carefully, and managed to solve most of the issue. Though there's still a 1mm gap. :(

Overall I love this Valk in design. But I'm not impressed by the non solid transformation. Lots of squeezing and adjustment when putting it back into plane mode.

And there too many gaps, especially on the nose cone segment and the part behind the cockpit.

Aside from the loose joints, no real regrets. Sits wonderfully next to my Focker Low-vis 1/60.

Though I don't think I'll be buying anymore of these Bandai Valks. Sticking to Yamato.

I find my 1/60 v2 more crisp and solid in transformation.

And with that said, I would like know how does this compare to Yamato's recent VF-17 and the VF-19?

Edited by Omegablue

And with that said, I would like know how does this compare to Yamato's recent VF-17 and the VF-19?

The 19 was toy of the year for 2011 as far as I was concerned. It's is awesome. And the 17 is freaking sweet. I love the renewal Messiahs (thankfully I haven't had any realy problems with my 25S beyond one loose wing), but the 19 + 17 are both solid toys. Bandai did a great job on these, but they're still well behind Yamato.

The 17 and 19 are infinitely more solid. My 25F is more solid than my 25S. In fighter there's still a chance of knocking things out of place if you hold them both wrong. I think Gerwalk is probably the nicest of the three modes. Battroid looks good but it's not terribly solid. The 17 and 19 are both rock solid in Fighter mode. Gerwalk both look great (mileage may vary with the 19's ankles if you're really unlucky.) Battroid the 19 is rock solid. Holds together perfect, like it was a non-transforming toy. The 17 is very fun to pose and play with but it's not quite as solid as the 19.

The 19 was toy of the year for 2011 as far as I was concerned. It's is awesome. And the 17 is freaking sweet. I love the renewal Messiahs (thankfully I haven't had any realy problems with my 25S beyond one loose wing), but the 19 + 17 are both solid toys. Bandai did a great job on these, but they're still well behind Yamato.

The 17 and 19 are infinitely more solid. My 25F is more solid than my 25S. In fighter there's still a chance of knocking things out of place if you hold them both wrong. I think Gerwalk is probably the nicest of the three modes. Battroid looks good but it's not terribly solid. The 17 and 19 are both rock solid in Fighter mode. Gerwalk both look great (mileage may vary with the 19's ankles if you're really unlucky.) Battroid the 19 is rock solid. Holds together perfect, like it was a non-transforming toy. The 17 is very fun to pose and play with but it's not quite as solid as the 19.

Awesome for the feedback guys. You've also done a successful job in tempting me to buy a 19...

I wonder why the 25F came out better than the 25S. Usually it's the other way round with productions runs.

Really wish the 25S was as solid as the Yamato...

Edited by Omegablue

I think bandai is using cheap molds. If you compare the shared parts on the 29 with the 25f, you can already see that some of the seams and edges have gone wonky on the 25f that were crisp on the 29. The edges along the two halves of the forearm are a good example.

It's kind of like what happened with the 1/48 line. The first couple of releases had really crisp edges and seams and as the series went on, the mold performance degraded considerably.

I think bandai is using cheap molds. If you compare the shared parts on the 29 with the 25f, you can already see that some of the seams and edges have gone wonky on the 25f that were crisp on the 29. The edges along the two halves of the forearm are a good example.

It's kind of like what happened with the 1/48 line. The first couple of releases had really crisp edges and seams and as the series went on, the mold performance degraded considerably.

Never thought of that. Thanks for pointing out that fact.

But also the materials Bandai uses feel very standard. The more I look at my 25S on my desk, the more it feels like a mass retail toy. Whilst my Vf-01S low vis Focker next to it, feels like a professional model compared to it.

Though since Bandai will most likely hold onto the Frontier license for good, I guess this 25S does the job.

Just hope they won't come with the stupid idea of a V3!

Kinda surprised we're not all talking about the next DX toy. Is there a Bandai event coming up soon? From what I understand, the next toy is dropping in the not too distant future.

Any ideas on what it would be? I'd prefer a 171, but if not that, then a renewal 27 since that's my favorite Frontier design.

Kinda surprised we're not all talking about the next DX toy. Is there a Bandai event coming up soon? From what I understand, the next toy is dropping in the not too distant future.

Wonderfest Winter started today in Japan. Which showcases most of the figures and collectables on offer for the year by all the Japanese toy companies.

So hopefully soon there will be pics of Yamato's and Bandai's stand.

Or I should say there's stuff I know about that is coming in the future, but I have no idea what they are planning to announce at WF or soon.

Graham

You're torturing me with the v2 Stealth and Low Vis... :(

Edited by Omegablue

What do you mean by next DX toy? You mean like a Michael or Luca... or something that's actually a brand new mold.

Edited by Mommar

I hope they release Michael with the Super Packs next but they are likely going to wait until after the Ozma and Alto Super Packs are released. I am so happy and relieved I only have the version 1 Full Armored Ozma. Picking up the new Ozma was like experiencing this line for the first time (DONE RIGHT, course!)

Edited by xrentonx

There's usually a toyfestival in Japan in May or something.

I suspect the next DX is 1 or 3 things, DX VF-27 Renewal Ver with FAST packs and ghost(hope so because I dug the valk in the 2nd movie), 171EX or something else.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Can't talk about something if we don't know what it is, but feel free to let us know what it is, if you know ;)

Chris