DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

are you guys referring to the backplate/wing glove (the part that folds up for transformation)? in that case, it IS two pieces of plastic in the renewal version, so they can make it in two different colors.

That's the problem. Even though it's two separate pieces, they were still molded the same color on the Ozma, and they painted the entire lower half. If that's a foretaste of what's to come on Michael and Luca, we can expect the entire lower wing glove to be painted. Michael's will be a particularly bad case, because it will be white over dark blue plastic.

Yeah, Banday likely had the tooling done so that many of the parts share a single mold, thus injected together with the same plastic at the same time. It appears that both left and right halves of the wing gloves were put on the same tool, and if this tool is also shared with a number of other parts there is next to zero chance that the factory would swap plastics just so a few components could be shot in the correct color... once a production run is started they'll run it until the quota is met with very little extra, hence why they'll continue to paint certain parts, bottom wing gloves included, to make them art work correct instead of incurring the extra cost of scrapping a lot of unused pieces just so they can have a few parts molded in the right color plastic for any particular VF-25.

I'm sure this must have been a cost cutting measure as having as many parts as possible share the same injection tool saves on machine cycle times, material procurement and storage, factory floor space (one injection molding machine instead of two for any particular run -- this excludes all the dark gray parts that share their own tool, and labor (someone hired for a painting operation is cheaper to employ than a qualified injection machine operator).

On the VF-25F this wasn't a problem (all white as it is), but it will be a recurring issue from the 25S onwards; we'll just have to accept this compromise or not buy the toys if this is a deal breaker, there really are no other choices... lamenting it won't change a thing.

Well, the stupidest part... there IS a mold using the correct color. The nosecone, the underside of the fuselage, the landing gear doors, various pieces througout the valk are the correct color. Someone just dropped the ball arranging the molds. Funny to think they actually got the color breakdown better on the first version.

Suppose you're right though, it doesn't do any good to gripe. At least with Yamato we've got a chance to be heard, but griping at Bandai seems to be about as useful as yelling at your house because you don't like the color of the walls.:p

Yeah, Banday likely had the tooling done so that many of the parts share a single mold, thus injected together with the same plastic at the same time. It appears that both left and right halves of the wing gloves were put on the same tool, and if this tool is also shared with a number of other parts there is next to zero chance that the factory would swap plastics just so a few components could be shot in the correct color... once a production run is started they'll run it until the quota is met with very little extra, hence why they'll continue to paint certain parts, bottom wing gloves included, to make them art work correct instead of incurring the extra cost of scrapping a lot of unused pieces just so they can have a few parts molded in the right color plastic for any particular VF-25.

I'm sure this must have been a cost cutting measure as having as many parts as possible share the same injection tool saves on machine cycle times, material procurement and storage, factory floor space (one injection molding machine instead of two for any particular run -- this excludes all the dark gray parts that share their own tool, and labor (someone hired for a painting operation is cheaper to employ than a qualified injection machine operator).

On the VF-25F this wasn't a problem (all white as it is), but it will be a recurring issue from the 25S onwards; we'll just have to accept this compromise or not buy the toys if this is a deal breaker, there really are no other choices... lamenting it won't change a thing.

Agreed, I don't like how they're doing it either, but there really isn't anything we can do about it, sadly.

-Kyp

So I've been considering buying a VF-25S V.2 Ozma Armored Messiah and I'm seeing the price for these as $600 shipped. Is it always going to cost this much or are these people just being wallet rapists? What's a fair price for this?

Is the V.2 that much better than a V.1 if I'm just gonna throw it in a display case? How much do V.1's usually run?

I'm pretty new to this and I don't want to feel molested as I'm hitting the "send money" button.

So I've been considering buying a VF-25S V.2 Ozma Armored Messiah and I'm seeing the price for these as $600 shipped. Is it always going to cost this much or are these people just being wallet rapists? What's a fair price for this?

Is the V.2 that much better than a V.1 if I'm just gonna throw it in a display case? How much do V.1's usually run?

I'm pretty new to this and I don't want to feel molested as I'm hitting the "send money" button.

Don't don't don't buy a V.1 armored Ozma, please.

The thing was not built to handle the weight of the armor - it was an afterthought - so there are many many cases of the thing cracking in random places, with not that much handling even.

There's no armored Ozma bundle for the v2 renewals. So far Ozma has only been released as the valk, and the armored set is coming out in July or something. The valk shouldn't cost you more than what, at most, BBTS is charging, which is $215. That is the absolute most you should be paying for it, IMO. The armored set you can buy from proxies at around 9500 yen, but since you are in the USA, you could benefit from the group buy in the Buy and sell section (if it hasn't closed yet), which would be cheaper for you most likely. Altogether, you shouldn't be paying more than $300 I'd say for the toy and the armor.

The v2 is way better than the v1. Not even close. Do NOT buy the v1 armored Ozma. You might as pay me a couple hundred dollars to flame you all over the internet for the next 24 hours. I'm sure your money is better spent that way then buying a v1. :blink::D

Edited by pud333

Well, the stupidest part... there IS a mold using the correct color...

Wow, that being the case, then whoever designed the molds at whatever tool-shop Bandai uses, and whoever at Bandai approved them, should be taken out back and given a proper beating. :) It's one thing to do what they're doing if there are no other molds with the proper coordinated parts, but if those exist then this is just bone headed stupid indeed... to do so much right with the renewal version only to then goof up on something so unnecessary. :wacko:

I still want an Ozma, Michael, Luca, and CF (if they make one), though... I guess I'm just a sucker for having glaring WTF errors/questionable decisions stare me in the face. ^_^

You mean like this one? That one is actually some what reasonable since it include the super and armor pack.

Anyway here are the base price:

DXv2 VF-25S - 14000 yen ~= US$180

Armor for Dxv2 VF-25S - 8190 yen ~= US$110

The DXv2 VF-25S is all sold out in regular stores and is going for > $300 on eBay. But DXv2 VF-25F also went through a period of limited supply but was restocked a few weeks after initial release, so the DXv2 VF-25S may see a restock too.

The armor part is a Japanese web limited item so you should add $10 to $20 for proxy service fee. The armor part is still at pre-order status from Bandai, i.e. someone living in Japan can still order more.

These proxy shops in Japan may pre-order the armor pack and ship to us for a reasonable mark-up:

* http://www.tokyo-hunter.com/

* http://dv8cag.com/

** http://hobbyclick.jp/store/

http://www.anime-export.com/

http://biginjap.com/

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/

http://yokattaweb.jp/index.html

* Are the shops I have ordered from before and got my items without problem.

** I only used their eBay store before, no problem.

I have no experience with the other stores.

There is also a group buy in the trade forum here if you live in USA.

New? Just get the v2, unless you to want to buy my v1! ;)

Edited by CF18

I just got my 25S today. Holy crap, for every one of you complaining about having something floppy/loose on yours Bandai must have tightened something a little bit extra on mine. I CANNOT get the plate with the head to move into position to transform to Battroid. I'm afraid to push on this thing any harder. It's just not sliding along that track. My hands are completely chewed up from all the pokey bits jammed into them as I try to move this freaking thing.

Edited by Mommar

I just got my 25S today. Holy crap, for every one of you complaining about having something floppy/loose on yours Bandai must have tightened something a little bit extra on mine. I CANNOT get the plate with the head to move into position to transform to Battroid. I'm afraid to push on this thing any harder. It's just not sliding along that track. My hands are completely chewed up from all the pokey bits jammed into them as I try to move this freaking thing.

Where did you get yours from Mommar?

I think the blame is on whoever colored the individual VF-25's so arbitrarily. For instance, the engine intake/hip in the Michel G is white, while it's the color of the rest of the fuselage in the rest of the Skull Team Valks.

Michael's is the odd one out. A lot of the smaller details are "opposite" of the others, even Luca's. Asides from the overall green color, Luca's has very similar patterns/details to Ozma/Alto. Looking at the decal sheets for the model kit's boosters clearly show this---Michael's will always "break the pattern" and not be purely a blue color swap compared to the other 3---it'll either reverse the colors, or something.

Got a reply from BBTS that they already shipped their initial Ozma orders and waiting for a restock... WTF, I preordered mine in November.

I have ozma superpack coming but no ozma...maybe I'll put it on my VF-25F.

Anyone have a VF-25S for $225 shipped?

Woah, really? Then that probably means BBTS overestimated what they can get initially.

For those members in Hong Kong, I saw quite a lot of the renewal VF-25S at Ins-Point in Yau Ma Tei yesterday, but all were HK$2K+.

I even saw a YF-29 in Ins-Point, but didn't even bother asking the price.

Also saw a couple of VF-25S in 188 Center in Wanchai yesterday, but also priced at HK$2K+

Graham

i have a question, just wanna know the second pilot that came with the v2 vf25s, is it really ranka lee or cathy glass? please correct me if i am wrong, i cant recall ranka riding on the 2nd seat of the vf25s the whole series, what i can recall is that cathy and ozma together while investigating the secrets of grace, and that cathy is also wearing a spacesuit similar to the second pilot figure that came with the v2 vf25s...

Edited by vincent25

For those members in Hong Kong, I saw quite a lot of the renewal VF-25S at Ins-Point in Yau Ma Tei yesterday, but all were HK$2K+.

I even saw a YF-29 in Ins-Point, but didn't even bother asking the price.

Graham

i bet that's the same YF-29 i saw when i visited HK last month. it was the only one in all of mongkok. asking price was HK$3280 including super parts