DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I feel kind of stupid now... I've got my VF-25F and S and I've preordered the Armour parts for both and the Super parts for the F... but not the S... and now just for completionists sake, I want to super parts for the S but can't cause they've stopped taking orders everywhere x.x

I feel kind of stupid now... I've got my VF-25F and S and I've preordered the Armour parts for both and the Super parts for the F... but not the S... and now just for completionists sake, I want to super parts for the S but can't cause they've stopped taking orders everywhere x.x

Most likely I will be selling my 25S Super parts, so let me know if you're interested

Mine came in today! This thing is beautiful!!~

I guess the Lunar New Years holidays made the delivery slower than usual.

SAL is hit or miss to begin with anyways. They put the box 'if' they have extra space in cargo... With all the new years gift going back and forth, there would be less extra space..

I transformed my VF-25s to Battroid and did not notice any loose wing issue. So I'm not sure if mine is ok or if I am not catching on to what the actual problem is.

The thing I can say about it is Ozma....needs...armor...badly

sucks the release date is so far off...

picked it up from the post office....it's pretty awesome. The crotch joint is not as tight as the Alto one on mine, but this one seems easier to transform.

paint job is okay, very minor bleed around the skull.

For SAL small packet, i've been tracking my orders and based on a sample size of 16, delivery time is from 6 to 32 days with an average of 17 days. So this one is right in the middle.

I got my shipping email on the 14th (Saturday), so it probably did not ship until the 16th. The past several orders in the last couple of months I got from Amiami did take close to 3 weeks. I am still patiently waiting. In the past, SAL takes about two weeks. The fastest time ever was 10 days.

Am I the only one who is hoping to actually remove the giant skull on the back after seeing those sweet looking all grey models in the Master File book?

:blink:

You're wacko.

All my EMS parcels go through customs (and they sometimes charge me); my SAL parcels don’t. What a dilemma.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/figurines-autres/1133-macross-f-super-parts-set-for-dx-chogokin-vf-25s-ozma-lee-custom-renewal-ver.html

Am I the only one who is hoping to actually remove the giant skull on the back after seeing those sweet looking all grey models in the Master File book?

Errr... Yes, probably yes.

you mean the Grey low viz vf 25 with two canon pod barrel in each side of the wing? YES !! i want those!!

Finally got mine today from HLJ. I already have a full armor version 1 and just the difference between fighter mode is night and day. Very happy with it but also a little pissed off at how bad the first one is in retrospect (really...f*ck you, Bandai!). I was well aware of all the problems when I got the version 1 but at the time it was either pre-order it or risk not having one ever. I'm gonna still keep it and display it in fighter mode though.

Anyhow the new one is beautiful and Ozma is my favorite from Frontier. I love that the gun is a dark grey rather than the purplish thing they put out for the other ones. I know it's more accurate to the show but I really could care less about anime accuracy most of the time. Close is good enough for me or if they change something that makes it aesthetically pleasing (guns should be gunmetal grey) to me then that's cool.

Mine is very tight and I was very careful transforming it (eye-ing those swinging metal bars that connect the leg to the body the whole time). I saw the pictures of a couple people snapping theirs and I was nervous. This one is the best Valk Bandai has ever made hands down. No foolin!

I passed on Alto cause I don't like the character all that much (tired of anime pretty boys) but I'll likely pick him up if they ever release a version 2 Tornado pack bundle.

pushing out (or is it more pulling? :) the head is very nicely done, but also very tricky!

No paint problem on mine. just left leg is a little wabbly. Will need to tighten the screw a bit..

i'm disappointed with mine.. the tampo print of skull have a lot of scrath.. the ball joint in the leg is loose .. the hip is easilly come off.. overall i like the alto version much better... :(

ps: anyone know how to fix the looseness in the leg balljoint?

i made this video for the 29 but it should work on the 25 as well

Edited by anubis20

Another fix is just tightening up the joints a bit. I did that to my floppy VF-27 and now it is just like new. Just be careful not to strip the screw, or tighten too much. It's literally a minor, minor tweak.

Edited by pud333

looking at the touch-ups closer, I can see they were done by an ink marker like a sharpie rather than with paint. Has that glossy purplish hue in the light.

Not sure how I feel about the painted underside of the wing glove... kinda worried about putting the big boosters on when I get the armor pack.

I know exactly how I feel about it.. that was a stupid design choice. They could have molded it in color, saved money on the painting process, and saved us all a lot of frustration from scratched paint further down the road.

As many improvements as they've made, it still baffles me why they would choose to mold a single color piece in the wrong color, and then paint over it. If it's a case of the parts being cast from the same mold, it's just terrible planning and lack of foresight.. or possibly cutting corners cost-wise so they don't need separate molds. Either way, it sucks.

It also concerns me that when we get to Michael's, we'll have even worse problems with paint, because they will have molded the entire thing in blue, and painted all the white over it, including the whole freakin' lower wing glove.<_< At least with Ozma, the entire thing is shades of gray.

You can get away with that on a display model, but painting entire major sections of a transforming toy is just asking for that paint to be destroyed.

The hand touch-ups would go a long way to explain why I've got so many uneven shades of the same color though.