DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Anyone know where I could get a Ozma Renewal for non-ebay-rape prices? :D

Jeebus. Just checked eBay out of curiosity, and people are already asking BIN $290+. Of course, asking for it and getting it are two different things...

That's why I said 'modern toys'. The 1/55 while a great toy for it's time, lacked detail, had minimal articulation by today's standards and big chunky joints. So yes, given it's simplicity is definitely more durable compared with most modern toys. The Bandai 1/65 DX VF-17 is another virtually unbreakable toy, but again, lacks articulation & gimmicks and has big chunky joints............notice a pattern here? :p

LIke many things in life it's a trade-off. The consumer driven trend these days is for toys with a zillion points of articulation, gimmicks up the wazzo, 100% line art accurate sculpt and extreme pose-ability. Unfortunately these features more often than not conflict with the requirement for long-term durability.

Unfortuantely, there's no way of escaping that the more small parts you have and the more joints you have (especially small joints), the greater the chance that something is going to become loose or break sooner or later (probably sooner).

The fact that modern VF toys are now made in a country where the factories have a reputation for less then stellar QC for production and materials doesn't help either (although this is and has been improving in recent years).

But lack of durability aside, do we really want to go back to the days of the Chunky Monkey, with inaccurate sculpts, gunpods that can't attach, no pilots, no missiles, the pose-abilty of a brick and a toy which sorta, kinda, maybe resembles the line art in bad light, if you squint and hold it at a certain angle?

Like I said, it's a trade off.

I think unfortunately, modern transforming VF toys, no matter made by which company should be looked at a lot, but touched infrequently (even then be prepared that your expensive collectors item may crumble and crack even if left untouched on the shelf <_< )

Graham

I actually overlooked the part where you stated "modern toys".

How is the 25S Renewal compared to the 25F? I should have one coming in soon, but I was wondering if the joints seemed to be tighter, specifically the metal ball joints. I sold off my V1 25S, and am glad I did, because this new one looks way better.

Anyone know where I could get a Ozma Renewal for non-ebay-rape prices? :D

If it's anything like the 25F release, HLJ and/or Amiami will probably get some more in, after the initial wave. You won't get the preorder discount, but even full retail is a lot better than current ebay prices.

I bought a second 25F in mid-November, weeks after it came out.

I made a few comments under the YF-29 topic about the super parts adding too much weight to the YF-29 frame, particularly in battroid.

I have tightened up the joints but the legs and crotch area just don't seem happy with the additional weight and have started to loosen up even more.

Anyway the reason I mention it is because I really hope the V2 can take the added weight and bulk of the armour packs. I have had the V2 alto for a while now and I must say the hips and crotch seem much better than the 29. Having said that the armour is massive on the 25 and will really test out those hip joints.

For those of you with hands on expierence with the V2, how do you think the joints will hold up?

My VF-25F is very toight - loik a toiga...

goldmember.jpg

Seriously tho, I've man-boy-handled it a lot and posed it to the wazoo - and it's all very tight still, great toy. Can't wait for Ozma.

agree if bandai release it again with bundle i sure will buy it again..

At this point I'm hoping for an uber-bundle, with both boosters AND armor included. Because if it's only boosters or only armor---then it'll be too late to buy the last set separately.

Or heck, maybe I should just buy Alto's armor just in case, and wait for an Alto+boosters bundle in the future. (as that is the most-likely bundle, along with Ozma+armor).

How is the 25S Renewal compared to the 25F? I should have one coming in soon, but I was wondering if the joints seemed to be tighter, specifically the metal ball joints. I sold off my V1 25S, and am glad I did, because this new one looks way better.

The joints are nice and tight. Difficult to say if they are tighter than the VF-25F. I'll transform both the 25S and 25F back to battroid mode tonight or tomorrow and compare joints. They are both in fighter mode at the moment.

One improvement I did notice, is that the VF-25S's neck base and neck locked into place very securely compared to the 25F. Unlocking the neck again was a bit tricky though. Had to resort to checking the manual to make sure I was doing it right.

I also noticed that when trasnforming back to fighter mode, I had to push quite hard to get the nose cone locked in place. Same with closing the canopy, it took quite a bit of force to get it completely locked down.

Graham

this is weird i order two ozma version at hlj.. but why they only confirm shiping for one bird?

Contact them about it. The product page should give you a shipping estimate for a single unit, is it the same as what you paid?

Did you pay for two Ozmas? If you did it's probably just a mistake.

Anyone has got confirmation from Amiami? I have paid thru PayPal but the status still says Awaiting Payment.

Yeah, there's some sort of glitch in their system. I have a few orders that have arrived but still say 'Awaiting Payment'.

Contact them about it. The product page should give you a shipping estimate for a single unit, is it the same as what you paid?

Did you pay for two Ozmas? If you did it's probably just a mistake.

Yeah, there's some sort of glitch in their system. I have a few orders that have arrived but still say 'Awaiting Payment'.

yup there's a mistake.. they send me new quotation..thanks

It's one of the reasons I tend to pay a little more but order from HLJ and the like---if my valk snaps in half the first week, they'll take care of it, and I won't be out 200+ dollars. A lot of "cheapest ebay dealer from HK" etc. places won't.

It's one of the reasons I tend to pay a little more but order from HLJ and the like---if my valk snaps in half the first week, they'll take care of it, and I won't be out 200+ dollars. A lot of "cheapest ebay dealer from HK" etc. places won't.

Check prices for VF-25S on ebay!!

Two sellers from ebay around $290, WTF!

Edited by charger69

Please note that this change will NOT apply to orders which are already in the shipping or payment processing stage.

I just got shipping confirmation from HLJ and it was shipped Fedex. I guess I got it in on time because my "prefered shipping method" was set to SAL.

Can you point me in the direction of these HK dealers that are selling VF-25s cheaper than HLJ?

Yeah my 4 ozmas coming!!!

4? How'd you manage to snag 4?

Can you point me in the direction of these HK dealers that are selling VF-25s cheaper than HLJ?

The closest I've seen to an eBay dealer selling a VF-25 even close to HLJ prices, was the VF-25F renewal, the cheapest of which was within the first couple weeks of release at $189. Now they're way higher. (Although I did just check and there are a couple auctions for less than that, though who knows what the final price will be). I think in general though, his point still stands: buying VF's from eBay isn't the best way to go, at least I wouldn't do it, unless you know you are getting one of the valks that have been out for a while and you know there are no major QC issues with it.

Edited by pud333

The closest I've seen to an eBay dealer selling a VF-25 even close to HLJ prices, was the VF-25F renewal, the cheapest of which was within the first couple weeks of release at $189. Now they're way higher. (Although I did just check and there are a couple auctions for less than that, though who knows what the final price will be). I think in general though, his point still stands: buying VF's from eBay isn't the best way to go, at least I wouldn't do it, unless you know you are getting one of the valks that have been out for a while and you know there are no major QC issues with it.

Never said his point about QC issues was invalid, but I want to know what HK sellers he's talking about that carries valkyries cheaper than HLJ et al.

This is the VF-25 thread, not the VF-25S-only thread. My comments were actually referring to VF-25F's on Ebay----Alto's is almost impossible to find from a reputable dealer nowadays, but can still be had for ~200 bucks, if you're willing to risk zero customer service/support if something goes wrong with it.

This is the VF-25 thread, not the VF-25S-only thread. My comments were actually referring to VF-25F's on Ebay----Alto's is almost impossible to find from a reputable dealer nowadays, but can still be had for ~200 bucks, if you're willing to risk zero customer service/support if something goes wrong with it.

Your remarks were that you were willing to pay more at HLJ, which implied you could get it cheaper on ebay. If you were just referring to the 25F, then that was never the case, even when it had just came out.

It was very recently, when I was trying to get an Alto for Christmas. I checked every place I could possibly find for weeks---and my options were pretty much "pay out the nose for one from the very few places that still had one, or pay ~200 bucks on ebay".

HLJ and BBTS are never the cheapest place to pre-order a valk, but they do replace them if they break.

It was very recently, when I was trying to get an Alto for Christmas. I checked every place I could possibly find for weeks---and my options were pretty much "pay out the nose for one from the very few places that still had one, or pay ~200 bucks on ebay".

HLJ and BBTS are never the cheapest place to pre-order a valk, but they do replace them if they break.

True enough. That just brings to that old horse: they're in demand and selling pretty well, so why doesn't Bandai release more of them? <_<