DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

No line art that really shows the back AFAIK, and it'd take a while to go through the eps (I think ep 17 would be a good one to check). The model kit is little different:

mf02_14.jpg

I think the S-model may just have a very bland head, due to the different transformation. (no 180 rotation like the F-model)

Well crap.. ok. Now I want both sets, just to make sure I get the painted set :p

I hope they standardize them more than those pics, because having that many differences is just frankly... bizarre. I mean, besides the paint, they made multiple door designs? And the paint is terrible on the Ozma..

Why do I think the Ozma pics are of an earlier prototype?

Happy to see the reaction missiles are being included from the start though.

In for a group buy on both I think though. Definitely on Ozma, assuming they fix his paint, but might be fun to have an Alto as well.

wow ami ami sure is fast.. i haven't receive any email from hlj

As we all know, HLJ is notoriously slow at getting orders processed, packed and sent out, which is why on the rare occasion I need to order anything from Japan, I never use them any more. They are just too frustrating when you want something in a hurry.

Graham

As we all know, HLJ is notoriously slow at getting orders processed, packed and sent out, which is why on the rare occasion I need to order anything from Japan, I never use them any more. They are just too frustrating when you want something in a hurry.

Graham

yess.. it is waiting is a slow killer.. i try to be patient.. post more picture for killing the time graham! could you show us the the differences between to head laser turret.. the gummy one.. is it the same material as the v1?

Edited by valid

I see one of the issues that people had wasn't fixed or just an early sample thing.....the knee's are still unpainted and are the same color as the airframe instead of being the darker grey/metallic color like the rest of the internals like the Alto release was.

Otherwise looks terrific, looking forward to getting mine!

Chris

In the past 13 or 14 years I've been a HLJ customer, the rare occasions I've needed to contact them and deal with their customer service side of things - they've been exemplary. Nothing but positive experiences. Even had Scott personally respond to an email I sent in regarding suggestions I put forward about their site design and functionality, which I thought was a nice touch.

Yeah, I feel compelled to jump on the Pro- HLJ wagon when people start knocking them.

Been a customer for 10+ years, 100s of orders, literally. No screw-ups yet.

Good customer service too. Yamato 1/60 Regult arrives with a missing piece, they sorted it. They always have when it comes to breakages and replacement parts.

True they only ship twice a week. It helps keep their costs down.

Good that they are making a lot of the Yamato exclusives easily available to us. Can be annoying trying to source that stuff through the proxy sellers, more expensive too.

Pity they don't stock the Tamashi Macross exclusives tho... like those VF-26 armor parts.

I see a potential problem area for those of you who will be transforming this to Battroid:

f9556858-s.jpg

^Look at the right horn on the skull marking. Apparently, you can rub off the paint when pulling the wing gloves all the way to the back.

Mine also shipped from AmiAmi, w00t! :D

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I see one of the issues that people had wasn't fixed or just an early sample thing.....the knee's are still unpainted and are the same color as the airframe instead of being the darker grey/metallic color like the rest of the internals like the Alto release was.

Chris

Are you talking about the kneecap covers? if you look at the line art from macross mecha manual, altos knees are painted black/dark grey on the bottom half. Ozmas are not suppose to be like altos so the are the correct color.

Edited by Murphy

I won't argue that HLJ isn't slow but they just took back my vf-19 kai that came with a busted knee ratchet, even though it's been more than a few months since I got it, they even paid for the shipping to and from them.

Exactly. While lately I've taken more business to Amiami, I've started to come back to HLJ. An extra day or two wait for an item isn't going to kill me.

Glad you guys have had good experiences with HLJ. I haven't, and as a result I've taken most of my business elsewhere. Simple as that. Lavishing praise on them isn't going to change that.

Yeah, I think you are unfortunately one of the few that have had terrible experiences, but I understand. My friends and I used to go to this bar we loved for years. One day the owner offended me so badly, that I refuse to go there. My friends still go there, in fact they are having a birthday party there next weekend, but I just apologized to the birthday girl and said I wouldn't go. I absolutely REFUSE to give them a single cent of my hard earned money. So I get it.

Edited by pud333

Yeah, I think you are unfortunately one of the few that have had terrible experiences, but I understand. My friends and I used to go to this bar we loved for years. One day the owner offended me so badly, that I refuse to go there. My friends still go there, in fact they are having a birthday party there next weekend, but I just apologized to the birthday girl and said I wouldn't go. I absolutely REFUSE to give them a single cent of my hard earned money. So I get it.

Yeah, that's the rub. No matter how awesome your company is, it only takes one stupid employee to make your entire operation look incompetent and amateurish. Perhaps I had the misfortune of dealing with an idiot whom HLJ has long since fired, but the damage has been done.

Anyway, getting way off-topic. A couple of days wait won't kill me (I usually ship via SAL, after all), but man I'm super excited about getting my 25S, so it makes the wait feel really long. :wacko: Haven't been this excited about a new valkyrie in years!

Also glad to see that the Ranka figure isn't an amputee! Can't wait to stick her into my 25F. :)

Also glad to see that the Ranka figure isn't an amputee! Can't wait to stick her into my 25F. :)

Same here. Much like the extra Alto that came with the 25F, I would have preferred Ozma in his Ex Gear in some sort of shooting action pose, but I'm glad we get a Ranka with all her limbs.

Wow, great pictures! Thanks for the link, FRX-00! Such a beautiful toy! :wub:

Chris

Errr... I don't think I can see what you mean, everything looks right IMO...

More "S" Commmander type photos, this time with the VF-0S added.

Graham

Thanks for these awesome pics. Must admit, that VF-17 is really growing on me. It's size is epic. Probably wait till it goes on sale.

BTW, is that yellowing on the Vf-0S, or was it that tone originally?

I only order from HLJ if other places are sold out. They're slow and their customer service is only slightly better than the soup nazi.

I see some of the skull emblem has already scraped off. :(

:lol: He he he, the soup nazi...

Check out page 52 http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=35195&st=1785 of this thread the pictures there will show what I'm referring to along with a discussion....it's the actual knee itself the circular part. Not a biggie for me but it does look a bit goofy.

Chris

Look at the second picture here, it gives you a good shot of the side of the knee

Proper treatment to VF-25 design :) (Thanks to BAT)

6378495325_ec918da2d2_o.jpg

6378489829_9e551d26aa_o.jpg

Edited by Dobber

As I said above, the knee joint, it's a different color grey then the rest of the "internals." where the rest of the internal structure parts to the leg are dark gray for some reason the the knee joint is a lighter gray. Never noticed it myself until others noticed it back on page 52. Like I said not a big deal but I will agree that it does look a little odd. In the new pictures posted you can see this hasn't changed but the earlier picture above has a nice clear shot of what I'm referring to.

Chris

DX Chogokin Macross F VF-25S & VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie Armored Parts available for pre order at Anime Export:

http://www.anime-exp...om/product/7985

http://www.anime-exp...om/product/7984

Please notice the deadline date: 01/30/2012!!! :wacko:

Pre order placed for 1 of each. I wasn't originally gonna order Alto's Armoured pack, but what the heck, I'm a sucker for the Armoured Packs.

Graham

As I said above, the knee joint, it's a different color grey then the rest of the "internals." where the rest of the internal structure parts to the leg are dark gray for some reason the the knee joint is a lighter gray. Never noticed it myself until others noticed it back on page 52. Like I said not a big deal but I will agree that it does look a little odd. In the new pictures posted you can see this hasn't changed but the earlier picture above has a nice clear shot of what I'm referring to.

Chris

The colour difference is minor and hardly noticable in person.

Graham

DX Chogokin Macross F VF-25S & VF-25F Messiah Valkyrie Armored Parts available for pre order at Anime Export:

http://www.anime-exp...om/product/7985

http://www.anime-exp...om/product/7984

Please notice the deadline date: 01/30/2012!!! :wacko:

Yep - as soon as I heard they were up for order - raced to AE, as quoted from the previous page;

Ozma Armour pack - paid for! Weeeeeeeeee :D

Can't wait~!

Where's nano when you need him;), 140 us? What's up with the price raise last price quote was about 100-110 I think

I will set up the group buy next week.

Just finished ordering the Alto/Ozma super parts, and now I am shipping crap load of stuff for another community. :p

And deadline for armor parts won't be that early (Jan 30th). It will be more likely end of Feb, if not later. <_<

Edited by nanoplasm