DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

As far as the VF-25 is concerned, I think the cockpit and pilot were underscaled from the start in the CG model. Compounded by the fact that, yes, the canopy and cockpit walls are proportionally thicker on a scale model/toy than they would be on the full size machine. Plastic is a lot weaker than whatever futuristic alloys the VF-25 uses. :p

The knee joints don't match the rest of the "leg internals". (I'm being serious here---the knee is light grey plastic while all the other "mecha" bits are a dark grey---looks weird)

Is it just me, or does the leg paint simply not match the belly paint well? The leg paint is very blue, compared to the other "light grey" underside parts. Look at the bottom pic, and compare the hips to the crotch/nosecone. Less obvious is main gear door color (molded) to the area surrounding it (painted). Personally I think all the "light grey" should be lighter, and it should certainly match itself better regardless of painted vs molded. The 1/72 kit had much more contrast between the light and dark grey parts.

(Yamato is THE best at paint matching---a lot of people don't even realize how much of a Max or Milia VF-1J is actually molded in white, but painted red and blue---the paint color match with the colored plastic is THAT good)

I really like the foot color though.

I think the light grey plastic looks fine the shade it is. the painted parts look a little teal to me, but It could just be the photo.

:edit:

And now that you pointed it out the light grey knee joint does bother me... <_<

Edited by anime52k8

The knee joints don't match the rest of the "leg internals". (I'm being serious here---the knee is light grey plastic while all the other "mecha" bits are a dark grey---looks weird)

Is it just me, or does the leg paint simply not match the belly paint well? The leg paint is very blue, compared to the other "light grey" underside parts. Look at the bottom pic, and compare the hips to the crotch/nosecone. Less obvious is main gear door color (molded) to the area surrounding it (painted). Personally I think all the "light grey" should be lighter, and it should certainly match itself better regardless of painted vs molded. The 1/72 kit had much more contrast between the light and dark grey parts.

(Yamato is THE best at paint matching---a lot of people don't even realize how much of a Max or Milia VF-1J is actually molded in white, but painted red and blue---the paint color match with the colored plastic is THAT good)

I really like the foot color though.

I have to agree 100% ...the knee color and the rest of the leg below that looks really bad!!!

Just look at the Alto to the left and you will see the knee and the rest of the leg below it are the same color.

Graham- you better get on the phone with Bandai and let them know or else I guess we will be looking at a .v3 next summer...lol!!!

Oddly enough, that part is supposed to be white on Alto's... maybe they realized that too late and are correcting it on the Ozma? Although, if that were true, the part immediately beneath it should also be the same gray as the exterior.

That’s exactly what I was going to say, except that Bandai actually included the white part in their painted prototype. Look at this:

post-12283-0-37188700-1321927090_thumb.jpg

Graham- you better get on the phone with Bandai and let them know or else I guess we will be looking at a .v3 next summer...lol!!!

AFAIK, Graham has Yamato’s phone number, not Bandai’s.

Edited by Reïvaj

On a related note, the painted Ozma prototype seemed to have very good color-matching. (likely because it was entirely painted) As it is, I'm seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. I do NOT like the pale blue underside bits. If anything, Ozma's valk has a warm grey, not a cool grey.

On a related note, the painted Ozma prototype seemed to have very good color-matching. (likely because it was entirely painted) As it is, I'm seriously considering cancelling my pre-order. I do NOT like the pale blue underside bits. If anything, Ozma's valk has a warm grey, not a cool grey.

that blue tint is due to the the lighting or camera setting. Look at the alto, even that has the blue tint and we know that it doesn't in RL

I don’t think that’s enough explanation but I really hope you’re right ^_^

the white balance being off easily explains the tint and it explains why the alto right next to it is blue as well. Honestly, I'm far more concerned over how the wings don't fold!!! ^_^

Please do. I missed the preorder window and would like one. :p

I'm fairly certain that's just an early production sample anyway, since the head is missing some details too.

Edited by Lolicon

This site never fails to amaze me with the number of complaints and knee jerk reactions. I doubt that's a final version, and even if it is, I still think it looks great. I can't wait to get mine!

I would be surprised if they got the colors that badly matched in the final release product considering that they got the version 1 Ozma's colors matched up pretty good. The completely different color for the knee joint makes me think that is still a test version. With all the care and consideration they've put into the renewal version, it would seem completely asinine and just downright brain dead for them to just pick some random color for the knee joint in the final product.

What bothers me more right now are those horrendous poses they manage to display them in...

I'm kidding :p

Hey, it wouldn't be MW without knee-jerk reactions! We all have to do our part you know.

Anyways, about what stage of production it is---if it comes out in January, and it's now mid/late November---it COULD be pretty darn close to final, color-wise, assuming they're going to start making them in December. It is certainly later than the original pics we saw. But true, some head details are missing (which is weird, since they were on the first pics we saw---and the lettering on the gear doors has been re-positioned)

Also---if there's more details to be added, I'd request more around the cockpit--there's additional SMS logos, modexes, etc on a small scale:

post-16-0-04375700-1321943625_thumb.jpg

I still have absolutely no idea why Bandai thought clip on weapons were a good idea to begin with. Yes, they simplify things.. as in, they take less thought. But I would have assumed they learned something from the first time. I mean.. how long has Yamato used actual hardpoints now? <_<

That being said.. the VF-25 never mounted wing missiles as far as I can remember, since they always carried packs. All those weapons they released came from the VF-171s (which funnily enough were actually re-using missiles from the VF-0 :p). Only thing I actually remember them ever mounting were the speakers on Michael's.

I do hope they have the decency to include the reaction missiles with the armor packs this time, though I'm not counting on it. It's like they only thought of them after the armor packs were done, and added all the extra missiles so it wasn't so silly buying a pack of four missiles on a web exclusive.

Edited by Chronocidal

hi guys a quick question.. my friend over me his rvf 25 ghost weapon set.. i haven't see the good.. but i'm wondering does the weapon attachment in V1 can be mounted in V2 version?

Yes they can

I still have absolutely no idea why Bandai thought clip on weapons were a good idea to begin with. Yes, they simplify things.. as in, they take less thought. But I would have assumed they learned something from the first time. I mean.. how long has Yamato used actual hardpoints now? <_<

That being said.. the VF-25 never mounted wing missiles as far as I can remember, since they always carried packs. All those weapons they released came from the VF-171s (which funnily enough were actually re-using missiles from the VF-0 :p). Only thing I actually remember them ever mounting were the speakers on Michael's.

I do hope they have the decency to include the reaction missiles with the armor packs this time, though I'm not counting on it. It's like they only thought of them after the armor packs were done, and added all the extra missiles so it wasn't so silly buying a pack of four missiles on a web exclusive.

It's shown with wing mounted missles in the VF Master Files book