DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Well scratch my thoughts about them being able to re-use bits of the old super parts.. I guess those wing boosters and the back panels might be the same base mold, but looks like they completely redesigned the leg packs.

I can't wait to get those packs, or see what they do with the armor this time. :)

I know it's been discussed, I want to make sure, so there is no chance for a bundle release of VF-25+Super Pack or VF-25+Armor Pack? We can only get stand-alone packs via webshop right?

If there is confirmation of a renewal VF-27, then I'll know how all the fellow members who bought the VF-25 V1.0 must have felt.

No one can be sure. :blink:

Exactly. The only thing you can be sure of is: buy them now individually. Sure, you might end up paying a bit more individually than bundled, but since there is no guarantee of a bundled set, at least you'll be able to enjoy it now. If they do release a bundled set later on, it's no skin off your back, since you got to enjoy the toy for months well in advance of the bundled set. Consider the extra few yen you paid individually to be "rent" for getting to play with it in advance. Honestly, I have no issues with buying the preorder, since I got to enjoy it for the past couple of weeks, while everyone who is waiting for a bundled set is still... waiting. At some point, my time is worth more than just waiting and camping out for a release that may or may not be coming.

Also, if you account for the preorder bonuses from ordering the plain valks, you might come out about even. Granted, they'd probably give preorder bonuses for the bundles too, but if the yen goes up, it might negate any real difference. :huh:

I'm pretty sure there will never be an Ozma super bundle though, so if you ever want that one, you'll have to get the webshop version.

Edited by Chronocidal

Back when the V2 VF-25 went up for preorder a friend in Japan told me that the word was that if it sold well (which it did) Bandai was going to go the Tamashii route on everything from Super to Tornado. This leads me to believe we'll be seeing all of these parts through Tamashii at some point. This doesn't mean we won't see bundles though... so that statement isn't worth a whole lot other than to say that it sounds like Bandai plans on doing all the accessories.

Edited by jenius

Back when the V2 VF-25 went up for preorder a friend in Japan told me that the word was that if it sold well (which it did) Bandai was going to go the Tamashii route on everything from Super to Tornado. This leads me to believe we'll be seeing all of these parts through Tamashii at some point. This doesn't mean we won't see bundles though... so that statement isn't worth a whole lot other than to say that it sounds like Bandai plans on doing all the accessories.

That's good to know we're likely to get all the accessories. I need me a tornado and armour set, as well as Luca's and Brera's ghosts from the second movie!

Thing is, Ozma's armor was ONLY available bundled, for v1. Bad news for those of us with standalone v2 Ozma's ordered...

The trend may be broken, from the translation my friend did of the Figure King scan from a few weeks back, it stated that the armors would be TamashiiWeb exclusives, but made no mention of bundles. Also mentioned that the armor can be looked at as important as the Valkyrie itself or something, I'm guessing because we never see the Messiahs unarmored for that long in Frontier.

I'm curious as to exactly what was said/translated. Did they mean "armors" as in "super packs and heavy armor sets" or armors as in "the upcoming Ozma and Alto booster sets". (due to how many terms are tossed around both officially and unofficially for the various VF-25 add-ons, a lot of precision/meaning can be lost)

I'm curious as to exactly what was said/translated. Did they mean "armors" as in "super packs and heavy armor sets" or armors as in "the upcoming Ozma and Alto booster sets". (due to how many terms are tossed around both officially and unofficially for the various VF-25 add-ons, a lot of precision/meaning can be lost)

Here's the translation from my friend:

VF-25F "Super Parts" and VF-25S "Armoured Parts" for renewal version. (Tamashii Web Shop)

DX Chogokin VF-25S October release ¥14.700.

The text in the third image is a blurb and there is no specific information. It's about how fans might like more variants of VF-25, but these additional option parts should be considered just as important.

The scan in question was the one where it just showed the CG models of the Super and Armored Messiah, not the toys.

Hey I was wondering, I bought this on hlj, when it was on low stock. They didn't take money yet and they are processing my order. Now if I search the vf-25 on search, it is discontinued. Did I get the last one? Sorry bever used them before

it's not guarded as closely as one might think, it's more a matter of timing. There's a lot that can stop a project before it finishes so it's best not to start hyping it too early. Too often words from birds end up being just chirps. Also, I heard a member rubbed a lot of people the wrong way here once by letting yamato news slip so clearly companies would rather have a flashy way of telling you then letting the birds give it away. Magazines probably like breaking the news so maybe toy companies get a kick back.. Who knows... But the good news is that if i'm hearing things we probably all will soon!

It's kind of on and off topic. My thinking is since Yamato reps are teasing with images of breakrooms with the toys kinda laying about it's obvious the things are done... why not take some REAL pictures to hype them up now? It's not like these are tentative plans anymore. Both toys will be released within the next seven weeks. MARKET THEM.

What did you use for the panel lining, Lolicon?

Combination of pro modeler's wash and mechanical pencil, for certain areas where the wash just wouldn't stay. I think I'll also add a graphic for the HUD. I wish there was an easy way to disassemble it so I could detail the cockpit better.

Hey I was wondering, I bought this on hlj, when it was on low stock. They didn't take money yet and they are processing my order. Now if I search the vf-25 on search, it is discontinued. Did I get the last one? Sorry bever used them before

You may indeed have gotten the last one. Who knows? The second batch HLJ had was on there for a few days, so it could be you got one of the remaining few they had.

You ordered by paypal, right? I have only ordered once through paypal with them, and that was over a year ago. I checked my invoice from back then, and this was the timeline: (I know you had some concern with the order a day or so ago, so I'm not sure if someone already answered this for you, so excuse this if they did).

Nov 16, 2010 (tuesday) - order acknowledgement the day I made the order. I could not select any credit card through paypal at the time. Just chose paypal and that was it.

Nov 17, 2010 - Order confirmation and they are processing it. No paypal request yet, no shipping calculation.

Nov 20, 1010 - Received payment request and I paid it through paypal.

Nov 27, 1010 - shipping notice with tracking. (the delay in shipping was due to national holiday in Japan the previous monday/Tuesday).

That was a year ago. I know the ordering process is faster now, but if you made your order, there won't be any problems. I've ordered form HLJ too many times to count in the past, and not one single order got fubar'd or lost. But admittedly I haven't used them much at all this year due to switching my business to Amiami thanks to their great discounts, so take that for what it's worth. (And it's usually predictable when Amiami puts stuff up for preorder, unlike HLJ which seems random. However, what makes HLJ great is the ability to cancel preorders and no one gives you crap about it or bans you).

I hope that helps alleviate some concerns you had.

Edited by pud333

This happened to me. I would e-mail them and make sure. When I got a reply, HLJ told me they were sold out (even though I placed my order before hand) and that I was on a waiting list. Luckily I got one elsewhere, but I would check to make sure.

Better late than never.

Behold, Its the first Super VF-25F Ver 2. hehehe.. :D

Talking of confusion of terms and tossing around...

The subject of the picture would be better described as a ARMORED VF-25F

The SUPER PACK is a different add-on.

No one can be sure. :blink:

I will stick to this statement. :wacko:

You may indeed have gotten the last one. Who knows? The second batch HLJ had was on there for a few days, so it could be you got one of the remaining few they had.

You ordered by paypal, right? I have only ordered once through paypal with them, and that was over a year ago. I checked my invoice from back then, and this was the timeline: (I know you had some concern with the order a day or so ago, so I'm not sure if someone already answered this for you, so excuse this if they did).

Nov 16, 2010 (tuesday) - order acknowledgement the day I made the order. I could not select any credit card through paypal at the time. Just chose paypal and that was it.

Nov 17, 2010 - Order confirmation and they are processing it. No paypal request yet, no shipping calculation.

Nov 20, 1010 - Received payment request and I paid it through paypal.

Nov 27, 1010 - shipping notice with tracking. (the delay in shipping was due to national holiday in Japan the previous monday/Tuesday).

That was a year ago. I know the ordering process is faster now, but if you made your order, there won't be any problems. I've ordered form HLJ too many times to count in the past, and not one single order got fubar'd or lost. But admittedly I haven't used them much at all this year due to switching my business to Amiami thanks to their great discounts, so take that for what it's worth. (And it's usually predictable when Amiami puts stuff up for preorder, unlike HLJ which seems random. However, what makes HLJ great is the ability to cancel preorders and no one gives you crap about it or bans you).

I hope that helps alleviate some concerns you had.

This happened to me. I would e-mail them and make sure. When I got a reply, HLJ told me they were sold out (even though I placed my order before hand) and that I was on a waiting list. Luckily I got one elsewhere, but I would check to make sure.

oh i hope everything will be ok. And i selected normal credit card, is there something that may happen since i didnt get paypal? will it take longer?

A little late to the party, but finally had time to sit down and do some detailing on the VF-25. I think I can throw my 1/72 model into the garbage bin now. :)

Looks sweet!~

That's about the right amount detailing I was going to do to mine as well.

Bahahahaha I got the last one! beat a guy by a few moments from gettin it

Actually, I got the last one. :p I added it to my cart when it was "in stock" then kept it there for a day and a half while I sat on the fence trying to decide whether I should get a second one. The following day it was "discontinued" so I went ahead and completed my order, since I still had it in my cart. I got my shipping notice this morning.

This is the first time I've bought two of the same valkyrie. That's how much I love the renewal version. :)

This is the first time I've bought two of the same valkyrie. That's how much I love the renewal version. :)

Same here. I got a second one specifically so I can manhandle this one without worrying about paint chipping, etc. I've probably played with it every day since I got it, and transformed it multiple times. No fear, cause I got another one sitting pretty in box, haha. I plan on getting duplicates of Ozma too, but I might wait to see if a bundled Ozma comes out before I buy a second one.

Also, I don't count getting a DYRL VF-1S Roy and the TV version as having duplicates. Though I may eventually get another TV Roy if HLJ ever includes it again in their big sales.

Same here. I got a second one specifically so I can manhandle this one without worrying about paint chipping, etc. I've probably played with it every day since I got it, and transformed it multiple times. No fear, cause I got another one sitting pretty in box, haha. I plan on getting duplicates of Ozma too, but I might wait to see if a bundled Ozma comes out before I buy a second one.

Also, I don't count getting a DYRL VF-1S Roy and the TV version as having duplicates. Though I may eventually get another TV Roy if HLJ ever includes it again in their big sales.

i give this baby a tamiya dove clear coat.. and have handled it like crazy for the past one week .. no paint chip problem.. the only problem i have is the quality control in the lerx of wing area.. there's some part that the glue doesn't stick.. i fix it using epoxy glue.

Edited by valid

i give this baby a tamiya dove clear coat.. and have handled it like crazy for the past one week .. no paint chip problem.. the only problem i have is the quality control in the lerx of wing area.. there's some part that the glue doesn't stick.. i fix it using epoxy glue.

Thanks for the advice!

I have super packs on preorder, and will most likely get the armor and tornado packs if Bandai releases them, so I decided it'd be easier to manage with two Altos. :)

I also have the super pack on order, and will be getting the tornado packs. I will pass on the Armor for Alto since I most associate that with Ozma. The thing about Alto's bird is that I like how it looks nekkid, so I will probably take the other one out to display as is in fighter mode, while I switch the other Alto between Super and Tornado packs - whatever I feel like at that time.

Actually, I got the last one. :p I added it to my cart when it was "in stock" then kept it there for a day and a half while I sat on the fence trying to decide whether I should get a second one. The following day it was "discontinued" so I went ahead and completed my order, since I still had it in my cart. I got my shipping notice this morning.

Maybe thats what that guy meant as "just made in time to get the last one" maybe he meant i beat him by a few seconds, or i was the last to to order, not getting the last one, but who really cares? at least I got one