DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

They put the max quantities per person for every item right on the page... I don't see how it could have been a surprise orders got cancelled when more than one was done...

photo-5.jpg

I have no problems with them limiting quantities per buyer. Every other toy line, be it GI Joes, Transformers, etc. has huge problems with scalpers, or army builders getting on early and basically buying up huge quantities of stuff. Not that anyone would really have the money to buy 10 of these things at once, but the point is, if it is limited one per buyer, it is so much easier for the rest of us to at least grab one. Imagine the outrage if people were allowed to buy multiples if they felt like it? Considering the huge discount on this when Amiami first put it up for sale, I have no problems with them doing this. If you think paying nearly full MSRP is crappy now, just wait until these sell out and you have to go to eBay. The prices of the 29 is an excellent example. And I don't think Amiami is losing. These will sell out again in no time. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you get your order in. :)

Never said it was for this item. <_< (Read please.) 90% of the figures they allow 3 per order. Like Figmas and Revoltechs.

You also cannot order more than the allowed amount on the screen, the ordered doesn't proceed to the check out screen.

They just didn't like it when 3 of every item (When accessible) was ordered, and sent him an e-mail that his account was suspended.

And it got suspended/banned again for cancelling a pre-order, after he's spent thousands of dollars with them just this year alone...

I can agree with your theory about ordering 1 per person. Then again as shipping is insane, they must understand that most people outside of Japan want to save costs on shipping.

Example, 1 figma on it's own is $20 Dollars for us. For three it's just under $40.

And no they are losing it. We got this year from them a huge box for 3 Shunya Ghostbusters where another 4 could have been packed in. Whilst my expensive Alter Kosmos was packed in the tighest box possible, and had to carefully cut the shipping box to get it out. And of course there was a bump on the shipping box's corner, and the figure's original box inside was damaged. :angry:

And yen 20 discount??? LOL

I'm guessing gravity is playing a decent part in holding the wing parts on, since they do sort of hang off the forward prongs on the wing gloves. I'm fairly surprised the rest of the pieces worked in an upright position though, especially the leg packs.

I've fiddled with two separate sets of super pack parts to see how they interact with my v.2 Alto (Michael's set, and the blue Alto bundle set), and they all seem to line up extraordinarily well, despite the VF-25 itself being so different this time around.

All in all, about half the pieces to the super packs still work, or would work with very minor modifications. It's probably going to save Bandai a lot of money in developing the new packs, since they can reuse so much of the old ones.

The wing boosters, side leg packs, hip gun plates, back plate, and shield armor all should be workable with some tweaks to the attachment pegs to make them fit tightly. The hip guns should work fine if they just make a new version of the hip guns with holes for the armor to attach like the v.1 had. The leg packs even work the same way as VF-1 FAST packs do too, requiring you to drop the leg a notch at the hip, and raise it a notch at the knee.

The chest plate, intake armor, shoulder launchers, crotch plate, and calve packs will need some work. The chest armor might work with some tweaking, since the overall shape seems fine. Same for the intake armor, which I don't think will attach to the new intake shape. I'm betting the shoulder launchers will either be attached permanently to a new set of replacement shoulder plates (since the new ones can be popped off), or we'll get a replacement set of shoulder plates with holes in them to attach the original launchers. Likewise, the crotch plate will probably be a replacement (probably with the moving panel included to work better in fighter mode), since we've seen it's fairly easy to remove that piece. The calve packs will probably need the most redesigning, since the existing ones don't fit the new legs well, and interfere with the new way the ventral fins fold.

Honestly.. the pieces mostly fit well enough that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see custom jobs done to make the old packs work on the new VF-25. Would be a nice alternative to having to pay out the nose for a web exclusive version.

I'm curious if any of the old armor pack will work though. I'd hope they'd redesign it to fit better, but I wonder if they'll be able to recycle any of the old parts for the new version. Anyone feel like trying it? :)

Never said it was for this item. <_< (Read please.) 90% of the figures they allow 3 per order. Like Figmas and Revoltechs.

You also cannot order more than the allowed amount on the screen, the ordered doesn't proceed to the check out screen.

They just didn't like it when 3 of every item (When accessible) was ordered, and sent him an e-mail that his account was suspended.

And it got suspended/banned again for cancelling a pre-order, after he's spent thousands of dollars with them just this year alone...

I can agree with your theory about ordering 1 per person. Then again as shipping is insane, they must understand that most people outside of Japan want to save costs on shipping.

Example, 1 figma on it's own is $20 Dollars for us. For three it's just under $40.

And no they are losing it. We got this year from them a huge box for 3 Shunya Ghostbusters where another 4 could have been packed in. Whilst my expensive Alter Kosmos was packed in the tighest box possible, and had to carefully cut the shipping box to get it out. And of course there was a bump on the shipping box's corner, and the figure's original box inside was damaged. :angry:

And yen 20 discount??? LOL

Ah, if that is the case, then I apologize. I just naturally assumed since no reference was made with the item in question, and it was posted on this thread, it was for this toy. Anyway, the 20 yen discount is sort of silly, but it is what it is. I honestly don't think there will be any place selling it at a discount from MSRP from now on - unless Bandai does another re-release, that is. Why Amiami chose 20 yen is beyond me though. Maybe they felt it just looked psychologically better than posting 14,000 yen, which is what I believe is the reasoning behind retail stores using the 4.99 price tags. Why not just $5? People are strange.

I love this toy though. To me, it is worth full price. But I'm glad I got mine from Amiami at their initial discount. :p

If it's the shoulder ball joint that is loose, look under I what would be the 'armpit' of the valk. Remove that black screw, being careful not to strip it. The two halves of the mid-shoulder piece should come right off. Apply nail polish into the exposed ball socket, and voila tight arms. I just did this yesterday, easy peasy,

Thanks for replying, aurance!

I'll be getting around to it fixing it this weekend.

After a couple of days to play around and admire the renewal VF-25F, I must say it's one hell of a piece, and the gloss finish bothers me a lot less than I expected... it's glossy but not automotive gloss, so it's less blatant than I anticipated -- I would still have preferred a matte finish, but whatever; this thing is absolutely stunning. My copy is tight all over with just a slightly less stiff right shoulder, but still more than adequate; the paint and tampo prints are perfectly indexed with no smudging or over/under applications, and no glue finger prints or other unsightliness in evidence, with one exception: I did get the same chewed up edged on the right LERX/swing bar that has been reported by some other members... it's not that noticeable unless you're looking directly at it up close, but it is a flaw in an otherwise perfect representation of the FV-25F; I may be able to "fix" it so that it will be mostly invisible, but still a bummer.

One thing is for sure, given its price point and included extras, on the bang_for_the_buck-o-meter Bandai's 1/60 renewal VF-25 trounces Yamato's recent 1/60 offerings. IMO, their relative complexities, engineering and QC are comparable so, advantage -- V2 VF-25s. Of course, things could change if these things do not stand up well over time.

Edited by mechaninac

I still give Yamato the edge in joint design, just because I've never had a Yamato go floppy on me from sitting in the box. Bandai seems to like using hinges without any actual screws in them for whatever reason, and it means that once the joints loosen up, you won't be able to tighten them. They also obviously haven't yet figured out that despite the added strength of metal, plastic ball joints don't seem to wear out as fast.

The Yamato VF-11's shoulder fold design is fairly similar in how you have to rotate the shoulder plates out, and both of mine were so tight that I had to loosen the screws holding them. My v.2 VF-25's though are already fairly loose out of the box, and all they use is a tiny hollow friction pin to hold the joint, so I don't see that joint lasting long at all. It's already a challenge to keep the arms in place in battroid, because they like to swing back on that joint.

Bandai's really improved their stuff in terms of shape/accuracy, but they haven't yet figured out how to make joints that stand up to the test of time.

Don't get me wrong, the thing is beautiful, but I bought it for the fighter mode without any illusion of a sturdy battroid.

I am glad Gamu-toys get back to Toy blogging again. He has some of the best photos.

Yeah. His photos are very nice and review is through. It sounds like he injured his leg and hospitalized for 4 months. I'm glad he is back and catching up with his reviews! I like his toy taste.

My post got "lost" in the forum's downtime:

Does the stand work with the VF-27?

Also--can the hands be used with the VF-27? The fixed-pose ones look exactly like the ones that come with the VF-27, and I'm getting thoughts of repainting some articulated ones green... (how I'd get spare VF-25 v2 articulated hands, I don't know yet--but first I need to know if they'll fit/work)

Also--can the hands be used with the VF-27? The fixed-pose ones look exactly like the ones that come with the VF-27, and I'm getting thoughts of repainting some articulated ones green... (how I'd get spare VF-25 v2 articulated hands, I don't know yet--but first I need to know if they'll fit/work)

Yes and no on the stand. You can sit the VF-27 on the stand, but the pegs that secure the VF-25 in place won't work on the VF-27, so it's just there by gravity alone. Also, the large beam gunpod won't fit through the hole.

The hands will not work either since the renewal VF-25 and YF-29 have the ball joints on the hands instead of coming from the arms.

post-10222-0-60538400-1320728959_thumb.jpg

Edit: Further clarification on the stand. By secure, I mean it will keep the renewal VF-25 from sliding off if you tilt it forward or backwards. It will still fall off if you turn it over by 90 degrees or more. The VF-27 will sit on the stand okay and you can give it some tilt side to side a little, but there's nothing to keep it from sliding off other than whatever little friction you get with plastic on plastic and if you lean it forward or back. Plus you risk scraping off paint on the legs of the VF-27 if you don't have it clear coated with something a bit more durable.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I'm afraid the answers are no and no.

Ah, if that is the case, then I apologize. I just naturally assumed since no reference was made with the item in question, and it was posted on this thread, it was for this toy. Anyway, the 20 yen discount is sort of silly, but it is what it is. I honestly don't think there will be any place selling it at a discount from MSRP from now on - unless Bandai does another re-release, that is. Why Amiami chose 20 yen is beyond me though. Maybe they felt it just looked psychologically better than posting 14,000 yen, which is what I believe is the reasoning behind retail stores using the 4.99 price tags. Why not just $5? People are strange.

I love this toy though. To me, it is worth full price. But I'm glad I got mine from Amiami at their initial discount. :p

All good. :)

Yeah, this figure is awesome. Didn't get it as I'm holding out for the Ozma, which I did manage to pre-order from Hobbysearch at their dicount.

And yeah, people are strange with toys and prices, and even more when the 2 are together... :p

A quick question regarding Hobbysearch...they have Alto listed as "Sold Out", but Ozma is "Reservation Closed, waiting list e-mail". What's the difference? Does the wait list imply they might get more of the toys in at some future point (whereas sold out means sold out)?

Bolded. I think you just answered your own question. This is what I think it logically means. Wait list is just the preorders. They probably had a limited number of inventory they could get - or would get - and they sold that out. It does leave the door open for more once Ozma is released if they can get more, but there is no guarantee.

I think the v2 VF-25F is probably one of the best valks ever made. So good that I had to own a second.

A quick question regarding Hobbysearch...they have Alto listed as "Sold Out", but Ozma is "Reservation Closed, waiting list e-mail". What's the difference? Does the wait list imply they might get more of the toys in at some future point (whereas sold out means sold out)?

Sold out=sold out. Reservation closed means preorders are done, and now they're just waiting for the product to come in. Waiting list email I would assume means whomever wants one can get on an email waiting list, in case someone cancels their preorder. I guess.

Also got my 25F Renewal today. Awesome piece. Right hip is looser than left. Shoulders could be tighter but I don't care at this point. Fingers are tight, and the hands...I don't know if it bothered anyone else that the PVC hands didn't grip the gun well on the DX V1 but that kind of s%^& bothers me, I hate it on my CM Legioss too.

The hands grip the weapons VERY well on this Renewal Ver. Fighter mode is much sleeker, slimmer and streamlined. Transformation is easy, only snag was the neck plate but once I figured that out, it was smooth. Hell I think the transformation is easier than the V1.

I like how the plates near the head in fighter mode, on the spine, forward and aft, seem to be removable/swappable, Tamashii must be thinking ahead to accomodate the diffferent heads later on.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

[...]

I like how the plates near the head in fighter mode, on the spine, forward and aft, seem to be removable/swappable, Tamashii must be thinking ahead to accomodate the diffferent heads later on.

Well, those plates are already different for the v.2 VF-25S. Have a look:

post-12283-0-61575000-1320800709_thumb.jpg

Thanks for replying, aurance!

I'll be getting around to it fixing it this weekend.

Oh, crap.

It wasn't the shoulder ball joint after all. It's actually those damn parts that are covered by the white plastic shoulder "pauldrons" that are tampo'ed with the words, "007" on the right shoulder and "SMS" on the left. It's some kind of hinge/swivel joint, and problem is that the "pauldrons" are glued together. The pauldrons can be moved around, but I can't find any screws on the parts.

Anyone know of a way I can disassemble the hinge/swivel joint to apply nail varnish or super glue on them?

Oh, crap.

It wasn't the shoulder ball joint after all. It's actually those damn parts that are covered by the white plastic shoulder "pauldrons" that are tampo'ed with the words, "007" on the right shoulder and "SMS" on the left. It's some kind of hinge/swivel joint, and problem is that the "pauldrons" are glued together. The pauldrons can be moved around, but I can't find any screws on the parts.

Anyone know of a way I can disassemble the hinge/swivel joint to apply nail varnish or super glue on them?

it looks like the pauldrons snap on over pegs on the metal shoulder piece. I'm guessing you could carefully pry it apart and pop them off the pegs but I think the plastic used is on the brittle side and I wouldn't risk it.

BUT, you can raise the arm up at the shoulder joint and if you look underneath you'll see the exposed the shoulder hinge. You could try that trick where you apply crazy glue or nail polish and keep working the joint back and forth as it dries.

Just got home today and my VF-25 was waiting for me.

My first impression just from taking it out of the box: it is glorious! I haven't been this excited about opening a brand new valkyrie since the 1/60 YF-19.

This thing puts the 1/72 model kit to shame.

I was a little nervous upon opening, as I was afraid I'd find a bunch of paint chips and damaged plastic parts that some members have unfortunately discovered. Luckily mine is about as good as one can expect a mass-produced toy to be, with a tiny little imperfection here and there. The most notable ones are:

-There are what appear to be a paint chip and a small silver droplet of paint in the red "mohawk" portion of the head. Small but quite noticeable on a red background.

-The white parts of the head turrets appear to be off-white from the rest of the fuselage, like they've prematurely started yellowing.

-The grey part of the right kneecap has some black paint smudged on it.

-Noticeable paint chip off the white portion of the die cast shoulder block right out of the box.

Aside from the head turrets, the others can be quickly fixed with a touch of paint.

This really is the VF-25 we should have gotten from the start.

For those have already done additional detailing on this bird, did you disassemble it? Can it even be disassembled, or are there portions that are permanently glued together?

A valkyrie this lovely deserves to have more care put into making it look even better.

Just opened mine tonight. It's a beauty. So far, joints are tight and paint job looks good. I'm glad I passed on previous versions and bought this one. This is my favorite mode. I'll enjoy Gerwalk mode for now and will switch to Battroid mode in a few days.

IMG_3111.JPG

I can't wait for the other valks to be announced as well. In the series I really liked Michel since he wasn't a baby and his death was great. The gun for the 25G is sweet and it would be awesome if they somehow incorporated his tow cable.

Edited by pud333