DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I kind of doubt they'll bother to revisit the VF-27, but I wish they would. Now, the VF-25 kind of puts it to shame, due to the better hip/crotch joint. I put the side by side earlier, and the VF-25 just looks much more stable/posable. It looks fine in fighter/gerwalk, but battroid doesn't compare too well.

Sadly though, the shoulders on my VF-27 are limp as wet pasta now. It's been in the box in my closet for several months, always in fighter mode, and the joints are completely lifeless. The hips aren't so bad, but the arms are useless.

A little off topic, but do the joints of the VF-27 degrade over time in the box as well. I've been thinking of getting one MISB off EvilBay, but I don't want to take the chance if they degrade in fighter mode in the boxes alone :(

Also, I too would like a v.2 vf-27 in similar quality to these new VF-25's

So the VF-25S is next, but what after that? When did Bandai release the original RVF-25? I don't remember how all the original valks released and if they're releasing the new ones the same way, but I'm really only interested in the RVF-25, I can't wait for that thing.

this is just speculation based on personal experiance, but I think what happens on the metal on metal joints in the hips and shoulders is that there are little hard rubber inserts that are meant to provide the majority of the friction in the joint. These appear to dry out and shrink over a short period of time , leaving the joints loose.

That said, the shoulder/hip joints on the VF-27 are super easy to take apart. On mine I disassembled the toy and added nail polish to all the joints in question. they're still reasonably stiff after a fair amount of transformation and play.

Really??? V.1 is fat, not line accurate, wrong hip placement, no crotch lock, floppy mess, can't extend wing fully, work gerwalk ever, bad articulation. Plus when you add Fast packs or armor parts all these issues become 2x worse.

V.2 fixes all previous issues, thinner and more accurate to the CG model and pretty much fixes all previous issues. I said that twice because it's important. There are some comparison pics on here if you want to look

For those of you who like comparisons ^_^

post-12283-0-74959700-1319775587_thumb.jpg

Here's a good example. Version 2 on the left Version 1 on the right

So can someone tell me what is soo bad about v1 and what is soo good about v2?

The v.1 is an ugly, under-engineered piece of crap that literally self destructs do to bad design work and poorly implemented add-ons. Where as the v.2 is an accurate, faithful recreation of the vehicle seen in the show that locks together sturdily in all 3 modes and manages to incorperate features, gimmicks and design elements that should have been on the toy in the first place.

:edit:

to take Reïvaj's comparison further:

this is what it should look like:

vf-25f-battroid.jpg

6286797854_2033831d2f_b.jpg

I think it's pretty obvious which gets it more right.

Edited by anime52k8

Really??? V.1 is fat, not line accurate, wrong hip placement, no crotch lock, floppy mess, can't extend wing fully, work gerwalk ever, bad articulation. Plus when you add Fast packs or armor parts all these issues become 2x worse.

V.2 fixes all previous issues, thinner and more accurate to the CG model and pretty much fixes all previous issues. I said that twice because it's important. There are some comparison pics on here if you want to look

Here's a good example. Version 2 on the left Version 1 on the right

As many times as I've seen the comparison shots, it still gets me how night and day the differences are, I can't wait for RVF-25!!!!!!!!!!

I lost my appetite how frickin ugly the version 1 is! ugh its has kardashian hips! fat and round and has sculeocis! thanks guys for extending my knowledge, soo happy i didnt get the v1, but the v2 is sold out everywhere hlj even discontinued it

I didn't know that was your channel, will you be reviewing all the renewal VF-25's as you get them?

There's just too much coming down the pipeline.

Aside from the S which I have preordered...I don't think I'll be getting the G or RVF at the moment.

There's just too much coming down the pipeline.

Aside from the S which I have preordered...I don't think I'll be getting the G or RVF at the moment.

Commence Star Wars bluray Return of the Jedi added Vader dialogue-NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Preorder for the S is back up at HLJ! Just grabbed one, so I'll definitely be in for those group buys on the armor/super parts.

wow, they still haven't fixed the name. YF-25S.

Preorder for the S is back up at HLJ! Just grabbed one, so I'll definitely be in for those group buys on the armor/super parts.

Thanks for the heads up. Put in my pre-order. Was contemplating putting in a pre-order at Anime-Export over the past few days, but they require the payment immediately and I didn't want to pay that just yet.

I just want to know how long until the super parts will be announced, will they release the whole VF-25 renewal line then release the parts? I don't really remember how they did ti last time, either way I'd be in for at least a set, maybe two.

Thanks for the heads up. Put in my pre-order. Was contemplating putting in a pre-order at Anime-Export over the past few days, but they require the payment immediately and I didn't want to pay that just yet.

Ah well, I always go for HLJ for purchases - but I wanted the 25S badly enough that I went thru Anime-export. In fact, got my VF-25F from them today!

I just want to know how long until the super parts will be announced, will they release the whole VF-25 renewal line then release the parts? I don't really remember how they did ti last time, either way I'd be in for at least a set, maybe two.

What Bandai did last time?

Probably not in the right order, but this is how they released the DX ver 1 line:

VF-25F (naked)

VF-25S (naked)

VF-25F Super Parts, Tamashii Limited

VF-25S Super Parts, Tamashii Limited

VF-25G (Super mode) Bundle

RVF-25 (Super mode) Bundle

Gallia Fold Booster + Speaker Set, Tamashii Limited

Ghost, Tamashii Limited

VF-25F (Super mode, Movie color) Bundle

VF-25S (Armored mode) Bundle

VF-25F Armor Parts, Tamashii Limited

VF-27 Gamma

VF-27 Beta, Tamashii Limited

VF-25F (Tornado mode) Bundle

VF-25F Tornado Parts, Tamashii Limited

Weapons Pack, Tamashii Limited

VF-25G (Tornado mode) Bundle

There are also the Macross Quarter and VB-6 too.

If you observe it, there is no pattern whether

- if a standalone version is released, there would / would not be a bundled version. (e.g. the VF-25S and the VF-25S Armored)

- if a bundled version is released, there would/ would not be a standalone version. (e.g. the VF-25F Tornado mode and the Tornado Parts)

I thought the announcement posted earlier confirmed that both Alto's super packs and Ozma's armor will be web exclusives? Unless it listed super packs for both, in which case, whoops. :p

I really don't know why they would bother with Ozma super packs though, considering they're shown in the anime for all of a few minutes in one episode.

Hmmn. According to that list, Ozma's armor was never available separately. That'll suck if that's the case this time, as I want his armor 100x more than I want the super-pack-boosters.

In the case of the renewal version, they say it is a separate web-exclusive release and not a bundle which is why there is a scramble to pre-order the 25S now. What will suck is if they later go "we changed our mind, we will release it as a bundle too!" after people have bought the stand-alone 25S and then paid the overly inflated price for the separate web-exclusive armor with shipping for that as well. At this point, though, I wouldn't be overly surprised if they went and did that. Pissed off? Yes, but not surprised. I hate that there is no rhyme or reason to their releases.

Well, if we do get a group buy going with someone who can get them from the shop, I don't think the prices will be near anything like the eventual prices of them on ebay. I don't know who has run those in the past, but I'd be very grateful for any volunteers. ^_^

Oh, I wasn't even thinking about the ebay prices. Just the prices for the past sets that were available in stores that were selling the web exclusive stuff like the galia IV and ghost sets. Those were something like 9000+ yen in places like anime-export and overdrive. I'm definitely in for a group buy of the armor when it becomes available.