DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Anxiously awaiting mine while it sits in customs in LA right now. It shouldn't take too long to get from California to New Mexico but it's the "quality" of service here in Albuquerque that has me the most worried. I wish it were coming Fed Ex.

Just picked up a second one for HK$1,248 at a shop on 2/F Oriental 188 Center, Wanchai. Box was a bit dinged up on one corner, but I don't care about the box.

Checked the toy, was in perfect condition. The storekeeper had at least 3 more I. Stock.

Graham

I picked one up on the second floor of Sino Center today. I believe a big shipment just arrived today. The price is slightly higher than that of Graham's but I got to choose a nice box :p

BTW, is there a way to lock the chest piece into the nose cone? I push the cockpit all the way to the backpiece, but it won't stay in place. Thx.

Edited by Ivan

had a close call with this one.

just when i've decided to pull trigger after reading the recent feedback, HLJ account maintenance went offline for nearly the whole morning.

when it came back on alto's VF-25 was already discontinued but i asked for all my orders to be shipped anyway.

anxiously waited the rest of the day and now finally i got confirmation that it was included in my shipment. phew! :D

Finally got my hands on the VF-25F. I have to say I'm impressed. It's actually exceeded my expectations, with all the extra stuff and beautifully tampo'ed symbols [yeah, not much of a sticker guy.]

This being my first ever Chogokin, I can't say I'm becoming a fan of die-cast. I'm absolutely petrified of transforming this thing for fear of chipping the paint [some of which has already chipped around the intakes]. I'll only be displaying it in fighter mode until future reviews point out the various painted parts, so I can reinforced them with a few coats of FFP.

That said, the die-cast on the feet are awesome. Makes the fig look ultra-realistic.

Finally got my hands on the VF-25F. I have to say I'm impressed. It's actually exceeded my expectations, with all the extra stuff and beautifully tampo'ed symbols [yeah, not much of a sticker guy.]

This being my first ever Chogokin, I can't say I'm becoming a fan of die-cast. I'm absolutely petrified of transforming this thing for fear of chipping the paint [some of which has already chipped around the intakes]. I'll only be displaying it in fighter mode until future reviews point out the various painted parts, so I can reinforced them with a few coats of FFP.

That said, the die-cast on the feet are awesome. Makes the fig look ultra-realistic.

How did the paint around the intakes chip already if you haven't even transformed it yet?! :o

I'm with Graham, where's the Goddamned panic button when you need it? :lol:

-Kyp

How did the paint around the intakes chip already if you haven't even transformed it yet?! :o

Hell if I know. I just found missing paint on the side of the left intake. My guess is that one of the factory workers scratched it while trying to put on the intake covers. Nothing I can't patch up with a white Gundam marker, though.

I'm with Graham, where's the Goddamned panic button when you need it? :lol:

-Kyp

trust me, it's possible. My armored ozma came with paint chips on those little metal shoulder pieces and the head had a huge gash in it where some worker forced the transformation.

In Kyp's pictures, I couldn't help but notice that the legs, particularly the right one, were set kind of low in the fighter mode. Yet I also noticed that the tabs were locked in place. Could that have something to do with the angles of the knees in fighter mode? Is it an easy fix?

NOT pressing the panic button here, but I just noticed that my EX-gear Alto fig is gray on the parts where it's supposed to be white. Can't tell from the pic in the back of the box if it's supposed to be that way, but a pic from a review forum clearly shows it's white.

Small issue, though. Again, it's the white Gundam marker to the rescue.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw the same gray fig in a pic in the same review depicting the accessories included with the Valk. The guy must have painted the thing himself. BTW, it was a Japanese review site, so I might have missed a caption mentioning the repaint.

Edited by GU-11

In Kyp's pictures, I couldn't help but notice that the legs, particularly the right one, were set kind of low in the fighter mode. Yet I also noticed that the tabs were locked in place. Could that have something to do with the angles of the knees in fighter mode? Is it an easy fix?

I've noticed the same thing and was wondering this myself.

-Kyp

Wonder if we'll see a Guillame repaint. (though it's pretty easy to do yourself I'd imagine, with some rubbing alcohol)

**idea** THAT's it. That'll be how they sell the "Alto" Super Pack. It'll be bundled with a *Guillame* VF25F. :D

Wonder if we'll see a Guillame repaint. (though it's pretty easy to do yourself I'd imagine, with some rubbing alcohol)

**idea** THAT's it. That'll be how they sell the "Alto" Super Pack. It'll be bundled with a *Guillame* VF25F. :D

what or who is "gullame"?

U know i had no ideal Gilliams vf-25f was a different color than altos, i always thought they were the same color, i guess i didn't look closely, can someone post pics of the differences.

i would definitly buy a Gilliam version if bandai made one.

IIRC, the only difference will Gilliam's VF-25F was that the top of the head was white, not black & red, although I may be remembering incorrectly.

Graham

Correcto!

180ns2.jpg

EDIT - Head lasers look white too?!

Edited by Kurisama

I think that's standard, at least in the military. The aircraft's modex rarely corresponds to the callsign of the pilot. I guess it's the same for SMS

Also aren't there some shots where Alto is piloting the VF-25F but that section is still white?

Edited by Raptor One

The gunpod and the knife both fit in the hand very securely.

I'm not at home now, but IIRC the metal parts are hips (intakes), insides of feet, ankles, '5-hole' shoulder blocks, front and rear landing gear struts. Can't think of any other parts right now.

Graham

just got mine delivered. yay

quick impressions.

The new gunpod is very nice. It's been mentioned before but the handle is a lock, pull it out before you try to extend and separate the gunpod.

It's not covered in release agent!

Noticed a few scuffs and marks right out of the box and the fit and finish is "okay".

paint isn't the greatest. Like the ver 1 vf-25, some of the paint on the diecast doesn't have good consistency or evenness. There's smudge marks on one of the ventral tailfins where it looks like someone had paint or glue on their fingers.

The two halves of the forearms aren't great and look jagged and other seams are noticeable. Maybe it's just my copy but my yf-29 certainly isn't like this.

sculpted detail... it's EVERYWHERE and there's a lot of paint apps and tampo printing on this.

joints are nice and tight out of the box and the wings have indents on the hinge

The 25 finally has a good toy!

edit: just noticed that the GERWALK lock also has a little gunpod mount on it that it can stow the gun in GERWALK the way it does on the show. Nice touch!

Edited by eugimon

Post pics, so I can live vicariously through you until mine gets here tomorrow! And I hope you guys don't have any chipped paint apps right out of the box what the one member at Toysdaily posted...hopefully it's a limited QC issue.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Got mine this morning - after a quick transformation I can't really find any negatives. Paint is all crisp and clean, overall parts fit is excellent, transformation is easy both ways without any stubborn bits. Joints are tight and plentiful. The crotch lock is now a system of hooks and latches that work really well and hold it together securely. It's pretty much superior to the original in every way. Very happy so far!