DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

A thousand thanks for the pics, ff95gj and Graham! I salivate over that gorgeous GERWALK mode. Still waiting for it to arrive at my local hobby store.

One question, though. Any fragile painted parts we should look out for?

BTW, nice to see that the head lasers do angle out some. Hope it's the same case with the Ozma.

But V2 is still made by those people in EFSF jacket....

I don't think so, those were the Boy's Toys / Hobby division, the people who handled the Chogokin DX Macross stuff switched to the Collectors division later on, so it is literally different people.

I may be confusing the names, but it is a fact that the divisions handling the Macross items changed, thus the improvements with the VF-27 and after. They thought they could handle Macross in the same way as Gundam. They were WAY off the mark. :p

I don't think so, those were the Boy's Toys / Hobby division, the people who handled the Chogokin DX Macross stuff switched to the Collectors division later on, so it is literally different people.

I may be confusing the names, but it is a fact that the divisions handling the Macross items changed, thus the improvements with the VF-27 and after. They thought they could handle Macross in the same way as Gundam. They were WAY off the mark. :p

No, what I mean is Bandai in general; that all Bandai employees (at least those in Gunpla factory in Shizuoka(?), I might be wrong about this) use EFSF jacket as their daily uniform, not just that one guy or one division specialized in Gundam. I don't believe on "V1 is bad because it's designed with Gundam approach". High-end transforming Gundam toys like GFFMC are always accurate to lineart. V1 is more like designed with Takatoku chunky monkey in mind. Who knows, maybe Kawamori himself asking for it since the 1/72 models are close to lineart. So he or someone else asking for different approach instead. He was there, he checked the prototype. If that thing was not to his liking he can object.

But eh, that's just speculation in my part. And it's speculation too that Bandai guy was thinking about Gundam when he met with Kawamori :p .

So, back to the topic, what about the wings? Is it straight or slightly curled like we panicked worried before?

Edited by reeoyuy

A few more quick pics, this time snapped using my phone camera.

For those asking, the toy has a gloss finish.

Graham

A few more quick pics, this time snapped using my phone camera.

For those asking, the toy has a gloss finish.

Graham

i notice that the cockpit still look expose in batroid mode

Edited by valid

In the beginning I was going to get the VF-25S only, but one day I just gave in and ordered the 25F also, so here it is, it feels very much like a Yamato VFs except it is glossy. is it true that FLEX, which is involved with designing some of Yamato's VFs and other robots figures (suppoedly) was also involved with this one?

--just find out that the team leader for development of this one was from Bandai Hobby division.

IMG_5571.JPG

IMG_5572.JPG

IMG_5575.JPG

IMG_5578.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5580.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

IMG_5589.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

Edited by alchemo

Wow, great pictures guys! Thanks. Truly a gorgeous valk. And gloss finish? Um, yes please! I know some people don't like that, but I love that sort of finish on these toys. Mine is still being held at Amiami with some other preorders. Dammit! I don't even really want the last item that still has to come in anymore. Ah well. I have a YF-21 coming in on Monday, so that should tide me over for now.

Question, do the legs stay up on their own in fighter mode? I've noticed that in alchemo's pics, that the legs are high up enough that you can read the "SMS 007" on the insides of the upper legs in the fighter mode pics, while in other pics, the "SMS 007" can't be completely seen in other members fighter mode pics.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

great pics alchemo!

i noticed that the hip-to-lerx tabs are disconnected in your 3rd GERWALK pic... is that as far as the nose can dip in GERWALK?

i remember people kept complaining about the v.1 landing gears and now that the v.2 has nice ones, there are no shots of it from MW members? :p

still crossing my fingers for a non-tamashii web exclusive bundled pack for all the main VF-25s.

and yeah, nice new banner, flashback Minmei and VF-4 ftw!

Edited by m0n5t3r

i notice that the cockpit still look expose in batroid mode

It's exposed on the "real" one, too. (it's even more so on the VF-27). I think the animators in Frontier deliberately tried hard to use camera angles that hid this fact. But if you freeze-frame some scenes, you can easily see a totally exposed cockpit in battroid mode with many poses.