DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

i know, its like getting kicked in the nuts, I wonder how they figure out shipping costs?

EMS is based on your location and total shipping weight (item+packing materials). AmiAmi just LOVES their over-sized shipping boxes full of shredded cardboard and packing peanuts. :rolleyes:

(This is the VF-27DX's packaging, on top of the box it and the free poster where packed in, on top of the MASSIVE shipping box they used for the one toy. 1/60 VF-11 for scale)

IMG_0479.jpg

EMS is based on your location and total shipping weight (item+packing materials). AmiAmi just LOVES their over-sized shipping boxes full of shredded cardboard and packing peanuts. :rolleyes:

(This is the VF-27DX's packaging, on top of the box it and the free poster where packed in, on top of the MASSIVE shipping box they used for the one toy. 1/60 VF-11 for scale)

Now this really upsets me. When I recently got my Alter Kosmos from Amiami, it was squeezed in the smallest box possible. I had to tear the sides open to get it out! And yeah, it was EMS. And yeah, the shipping box got damaged, as did the expensive figure's box as well!!!

And Amiami were like, too bad, too sad...

It's hard to figure out AmiAmi's shipping practices. When I get something large like a 1/60 VF it comes in a monstrously huge box that is 2-3X bigger than the toy box. But when I get something smaller like a Revoltech or SRC they come in a box just big enough for the toy box to fit inside with maybe a small cardboard frame or crumpled paper for protection. I've never once gotten packing peanuts or shredded cardboard, but I know others have.

That said, I was surprised that EMS for my 25 was only 3200 Yen. Typically it's a standard 4000 Yen for toys like this.

Looks good. Still hurt to buy this at $160Can. with shipping. I just bought 2 VF-1 1/60 valks and they cost me $180 with shipping..... going to be tight this month....thank god it's almost over.

It's hard to figure out AmiAmi's shipping practices. When I get something large like a 1/60 VF it comes in a monstrously huge box that is 2-3X bigger than the toy box. But when I get something smaller like a Revoltech or SRC they come in a box just big enough for the toy box to fit inside with maybe a small cardboard frame or crumpled paper for protection. I've never once gotten packing peanuts or shredded cardboard, but I know others have.

That said, I was surprised that EMS for my 25 was only 3200 Yen. Typically it's a standard 4000 Yen for toys like this.

Must be due to the type of boxes they have on hand - nothing in the mid range - or because of the sheer size and $$$ value, they think a bigger box will protect better. At any rate, I get the exact same packaging as you.

Have you noticed the position of the wings in this picture?

f3.jpg

It was about time... ^_^

If any of my co-workers had never heard a full-on "SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!" before.. well, now they have. Also, I also feel no guilt over quoting that image. It deserves being posted more than once.

Now to wait and see how long HLJ takes to get my preorder on its way. I missed the AmiAmi preorder, but I much prefer getting stuff by FedEx anyway, since the post office here tends to be a bit screwy with deliveries.

Edit: The pics appeared mid post. Holy crap, yep, I'm probably going to buy the full line of these. That is just beautiful. ^_^ I can't wait for the super and armor packs.

Speaking of the super packs, and Graham's ideas for making a universal set though.. I just realized how the hip and booster armors could work with spare plastic parts, and no duplication of any bigger parts at all. You just need double layered plugs so you can get a colored stripe covered in a white cap.

All the parts with no color coordination would just need stickers to customize the numbers.

Chest panel: Two plugs for the colored panels in all 4 colors

Shoulder launchers: replaceable doors in all 4 colors

Hip armor: a dual layered plug for each, to get the colored stripe

Boosters: another dual layered plug that gives you the stripe with a white cap

The big problem with this method though... Michael's valk screws it all up. His color scheme is the reverse of the others, with white pinstripes, and blue panels. His launcher doors are even unique, with a white pinstripe around the edge of the blue doors, and his chest armor has a blue panel in the center and solid white side panels, instead of a white center panel, and white pinstriped colored side panels.

So, while Alto, Ozma, and Luca all would share most of the pieces that aren't their particular color... Michael would need a custom set of replacement plugs that swap white for blue, and a special chest plate that included a blue center panel.

Not that I still wouldn't love to see this done.. Michael's scheme just throws a giant wrench in the works.

On the other hand, if they actually did include multi-layered plugs for all of them, you could have some fun with the various colors mixing and matching.

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks for the photos ff95jg.

Can you angle out the head lasers without stressing the ball joint?

This is how my v1.0 broke due to the soft rubber.

Edited by UN Spacy

Yes, it now comes with a stand.

The head cannons are now built with a more sturdy material, it's not hard plastic but not easy to get bent like the version 1. It's now officially designed to let you tilt the cannons too! (of course nothing is unbreakable).

The ball joints look the same design to me, but somehow so far the joints are still tight enough to my taste.

Edited by ff95gj

Took mine out of the box last night. It's absolutely beautiful. This is the VF-25 toy that we should have had all along.

I haven't even transfomed it yet, just been marvelling at the beauty of it in fighter mode.

The molding and detail is so crisp and precise compared with the v.1.

Will try first transformation later today.

Graham

Ok, just transformed it to battroid mode for the first time. Transformation is a snap and only took a couple of minutes. Certainly much easier than that pain-in-the-ass YF-29 to transform

Make sure to read the instructions though, as there are a couple of places you could get caught out:

1) Pull the gunpod handle (pistol grip) down first though before extending and opening the gunpod barrel cocver. Pulling down the handle unlocks the gunpod. If you don't and try to force uopen the gunpod, you may break it.

2) Also, as per the instructions, make sure to angle the shoulder plates back and downwards, as this sets up the correct backplate postion to lock the neck-peice in place.

Anyway, a few quick snaps attached again.

Really need a new camera, my 7 year old Canon IXUs 750 camera is really showing it's age :(.

Heck, I should probably use the 8MP camera on my Galaxy S2, as it's far superior to my old Canon.

Graham

post-11-0-07626000-1319249519_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-80419700-1319249523_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-21260600-1319249529_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-76705200-1319249534_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-63460000-1319249540_thumb.jpg