DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Not too much to be said:

post-12283-0-45566900-1317966464_thumb.jpg

Wow...and it's not just the head or the neck, it's EVERYTHING that can be seen in the picture that shows the complete superiority of the V2 over the V1 of this sculpt. Makes me feel bad for those that got themselves balls deep into the V1's. :(

-Kyp

Wow...and it's not just the head or the neck, it's EVERYTHING that can be seen in the picture that shows the complete superiority of the V2 over the V1 of this sculpt. Makes me feel bad for those that got themselves balls deep into the V1's. :(

-Kyp

It's really a lot better, isn't it? It’s actually so much better sculpted that I think that even those who bought the V.1s and were happy enough with them will feel very tempted to buy this new one. I mean, it’s not just a make-up improvement…

I enjoyed the v.1's. I mean they're toys, they always lose a bit of their appeal after a while, no matter how great they are. Anyway I particularly like the change to the position of the wing joint...

EDIT: Or rather, the fact that the backplate is up slightly as it's supposed to be, according to the CGI.

Edited by aurance

I did buy two of the v.1s, and I dunno if I really would say I regret doing it, but they've been relegated to the "save for my kids to play with someday" pile. ^_^

If they follow the same packaging lineup, I'll likely get one of each of them this time around. I'm getting the plain Alto to start, but I want an armored Ozma, and super Michael. Luca I'm undecided on really, but it will depend on how much of the stuff they make exclusive, because I want his packs and the ghosts if possible. I'm also hoping they include the reaction missiles with the armor this time. The extra clip on missiles really didn't look good at all, and on top of that, they were only used on the VF-171 as I recall, so I don't even know why they thought releasing them as a separate exclusive was a good idea. Adding just the reaction missiles to the armor packed VF-25 seems like an absolute no-brainer.

What I do wish they would do for the super packs though is just make a universal set with stickers (or even multiple colors of snap-on plastic parts) to customize them for the different schemes. They did it for the models that way, and the colored content for each set isn't too great that it would be impractical I think. The only downside would be that they'd need to include more stickers for the markings, instead of tampo printing everything. On the other hand.. considering how much of those markings seem to just flake off, I'd probably be willing to pay a little extra for a full sheet of stickers. <_<

you should play with your v1's while you can. My armored ozma is steadily falling apart with the plastic going brittle and just breaking apart.

*sigh* I would LOVE to order a V.2 VF-25, but with this crap plastic continuously being applid to all the releases, even the new ones, I am just not sure about their integrity a few months down the line, not even years.

I can definetely see what is happening to your Ozma to a V.2 Ozma in the future as well.

Hoping to see some plastic quality improvements, though I really doubt it casing Bandai's previous renewed track...

*sigh* I would LOVE to order a V.2 VF-25, but with this crap plastic continuously being applid to all the releases, even the new ones, I am just not sure about their integrity a few months down the line, not even years.

I can definetely see what is happening to your Ozma to a V.2 Ozma in the future as well.

Hoping to see some plastic quality improvements, though I really doubt it casing Bandai's previous renewed track...

Well the plastic on the yf-29 *feels* different to me and other than the joints self loosening (the legs won't hold their position when I pick it up, freely swings around from the hip) the plastic seems to be holding up fine. The two 27s I have are holding up as well so, just my experience, I wouldnt let fears of plastic quality scare you off from the v2

Well the plastic on the yf-29 *feels* different to me and other than the joints self loosening (the legs won't hold their position when I pick it up, freely swings around from the hip) the plastic seems to be holding up fine. The two 27s I have are holding up as well so, just my experience, I wouldnt let fears of plastic quality scare you off from the v2

Do you have any of the other VF-25s? What areas are breaking on your 25S? Mine only has a split in the wing hinge area thus far. The 25G and RVF still seem to be holding up alright for me.

Do you have any of the other VF-25s? What areas are breaking on your 25S? Mine only has a split in the wing hinge area thus far. The 25G and RVF still seem to be holding up alright for me.

I only have the one 25. The front landing gear bay doors have both busted at the hinge, there's cracks along one of the wing glove hinges and both sides of the hinge that folds the back down for battroid.

It lives in fighter mode now.

I only have the one 25. The front landing gear bay doors have both busted at the hinge, there's cracks along one of the wing glove hinges and both sides of the hinge that folds the back down for battroid.

It lives in fighter mode now.

Wow... sounds like it has some form of mecha osteoporosis.:blink:

With the cost (and shelf space) of valks nowadays, I've pretty much given up on "multiple versions of the same basic design" and try to have as "different-looking" as possible. I even plan to get down to just one VF-1. That gives me a slight dilemma:

I *really* like the VF-25's armor, IMHO it's the defining feature of the VF-25----a very skinny battroid so that it can equip bulky armor yet still TRANSFORM, unlike the VF-0/1/11 "battroid only" armor. And armor=Ozma. However, it is yet again the "black and yellow skull" markings, so it's not THAT different from my Roy. And, you almost never see it with boosters--would almost seem a waste to spend the money on boosters for it.

Alto's has a fairly unique scheme to me (I have never owned a Hikaru valk) and is commonly seen with boosters, and occasionally with armor so "every configuration" is justified spending the money to acquire the parts. But I already have the model kit, so it wouldn't seem "that new" to me. Plus--no giant skull on the back. :) (and it just plain doesn't look as cool with the armor IMHO---the armor seems to work better with the darker colors)

::edit:: A final option could be to acquire a V2 Milia VF-1 and sell my V2 Roy, but that would be $$$$$ at the moment. (I really hope for a Milia VF-11B to be released, that would be very unique)

It seems that one of Bandai's major flaws, is that they still seem to think that diecast in these types of toys is actually a good thing. The fact is, it's not. It weighs down the toy, and with moving parts, has a tendency to loosen up over short periods of time. This is where Yamato has it right. I'm not going to trash Bandai over Yamato, but Bandai needs to step into the 21st century, and start using good plastic and A LOT less, or no die cast. It only makes the item heavier and loose, and with manufacturing technology today, doesn't offer any benefits for the aesthetic portions of a toy.

Well they can't be DX Chogokins without the chogokin part

but comparing the old DX VF-25 to say the Fire Valkyrie there's a fairly equal balance of diecast and metal between the two.

It's really just the first DX was just an assy design overall. They turned it around almost immediately with the VF-27 though.

I guess the real question is with modern toys and Valkyries especially, does a company have to make a mistake first in order to improve?

Ok so the DX V1 releases in order were:

Naked Alto

Naked Ozma

Web exclusive super parts for Alto

Web exclusive super parts for Ozma

Super Bundle Mikail

Super Bundle Luca

Web exclusive sound booster + missiles

Web exclusive drone

Armor Bundle Ozma

Web exclusive armor for Alto

Web exclusive transparent Alto?

Web exclusive tornado parts?

Web exclusive movie missiles?

Tornado bundle bluish Alto

Tornado bundle Mikail

Could Bandai pull a web exclusive Armor parts for Ozma or will they do the bundle? They tease about Super and Armored parts but I don't think they would release Alto and Ozma bundles for each type of parts. A Bundle Super Alto and a Bundle Armored Ozma could be possible (the opposite could go for Web exclusive). But again... the teasing of the parts could also point towards possible web exclusives.

Get the normal Ozama and get screwed later with a bundle or wait and get nothing but a superpriced Ebay Ozma... what to do...

Edited by Twoducks

Ok so the DX V1 releases in order were:

Naked Alto

Naked Ozma

Web exclusive super parts for Alto

Web exclusive super parts for Ozma

Super Bundle Mikail

Super Bundle Luca

Web exclusive sound booster + missiles

Web exclusive drone

Armor Bundle Ozma

Web exclusive armor for Alto

Web exclusive transparent Alto?

Web exclusive tornado parts?

Web exclusive movie missiles?

Tornado bundle bluish Alto

Tornado bundle Mikail

Could Bandai pull a web exclusive Armor parts for Ozma or will they do the bundle? They tease about Super and Armored parts but I don't think they would release Alto and Ozma bundles for each type of parts. A Bundle Super Alto and a Bundle Armored Ozma could be possible (the opposite could go for Web exclusive). But again... the teasing of the parts could also point towards possible web exclusives.

Get the normal Ozama and get screwed later with a bundle or wait and get nothing but a superpriced Ebay Ozma... what to do...

Bluish Alto was Super bundled. Can't remember which order it was released though. Tornado bundled Alto was normal colour with some slight variation if I remember correctly.

Bandai could do with lesser diecast especially if it would improve the toy.

I don't care if they call them Chogokins and they have lesser metal than before. Heck, they even made Hi-Metal that had so few metal content and nobody complained that much.

I need an opinion here, guys. The Ozma's up for pre order at my local hobby store, but I'm not sure if I should buy it right now. First off, my budget's severely stretched recently, as I need to reserve some funds for the Alto VF-25 renewal version I pre ordered; I'd rather not use too much money for the time being. Secondly, I don't know if Bandai would release a separate armor set for the Ozma or do a bundle set with Ozma's VF.

In short, would it be wise to buy the Ozma now, or wait for a possible armor bundle?

Edited by GU-11

With the cost (and shelf space) of valks nowadays, I've pretty much given up on "multiple versions of the same basic design" and try to have as "different-looking" as possible. I even plan to get down to just one VF-1. That gives me a slight dilemma:

I *really* like the VF-25's armor, IMHO it's the defining feature of the VF-25----a very skinny battroid so that it can equip bulky armor yet still TRANSFORM, unlike the VF-0/1/11 "battroid only" armor. And armor=Ozma. However, it is yet again the "black and yellow skull" markings, so it's not THAT different from my Roy. And, you almost never see it with boosters--would almost seem a waste to spend the money on boosters for it.

Alto's has a fairly unique scheme to me (I have never owned a Hikaru valk) and is commonly seen with boosters, and occasionally with armor so "every configuration" is justified spending the money to acquire the parts. But I already have the model kit, so it wouldn't seem "that new" to me. Plus--no giant skull on the back. :) (and it just plain doesn't look as cool with the armor IMHO---the armor seems to work better with the darker colors)

::edit:: A final option could be to acquire a V2 Milia VF-1 and sell my V2 Roy, but that would be $$$$$ at the moment. (I really hope for a Milia VF-11B to be released, that would be very unique)

yes vf-11b milia should have been thought up ages ago.

Graham any chance of this coming out?

Bandai could do with lesser diecast especially if it would improve the toy.

I don't care if they call them Chogokins and they have lesser metal than before. Heck, they even made Hi-Metal that had so few metal content and nobody complained that much.

actually a few youtube toy reviewers do. But these complaints are stupid imo. The metal in the feet is hi in metal. :p

I need an opinion here, guys. The Ozma's up for pre order at my local hobby store, but I'm not sure if I should buy it right now. First off, my budget's severely stretched recently, as I need to reserve some funds for the Alto VF-25 renewal version I pre ordered; I'd rather not use too much money for the time being. Secondly, I don't know if Bandai would release a separate armor set for the Ozma or do a bundle set with Ozma's VF.

In short, would it be wise to buy the Ozma now, or wait for a possible armor bundle?

buy the standalone, when bandai announce a bundle, sell the standalone to upgrade to bundle release. the reason: What if bandai never release the bundle? You will have missed out getting ozuma cheap. This way you get preorder discount price and protect yourself in future if the bundle or armour standalone is web exclusive.

I want to buy himetal blazer but bandai make it hard for me to like it without the gunpod attachment piece. Bandai is crazy. You can't predict what random decisions they will make. They treat their fans like soup nazi does his customers.

Hopefully yamato gets a chance to do the macf valks in future.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Buy the standalone, when bandai announce a bundle, sell the standalone to upgrade to bundle release. the reason: What if bandai never release the bundle? You will have missed out getting ozuma cheap. This way you get preorder discount price and protect yourself in future if the bundle or armour standalone is web exclusive.

I want to buy himetal blazer but bandai make it hard for me to like it without the gunpod attachment piece. Bandai is crazy. You can't predict what random decisions they will make. They treat their fans like soup nazi does his customers.

Hopefully yamato gets a chance to do the macf valks in future.

Thanks, LowViz Lurker, that's a good idea. Honestly, I hate to sell or buy stuff on Ebay [i've heard WAY too many horror stories about cheating buyers and dishonest sellers], but I'll probably get the Ozma anyways. In the event that Bandai DOES go with the bundle set route, I'll just keep the "naked" Ozma VF in its beautiful fighter mode as a centerpiece on my workstation.

And yeah, Bandai's unpredictability is scary. Their penchant for web exclusives makes it even worse.

Well they can't be DX Chogokins without the chogokin part

but comparing the old DX VF-25 to say the Fire Valkyrie there's a fairly equal balance of diecast and metal between the two.

It's really just the first DX was just an assy design overall. They turned it around almost immediately with the VF-27 though.

I guess the real question is with modern toys and Valkyries especially, does a company have to make a mistake first in order to improve?

I'm not saying Die cast is worthless, but needs to be put in parts that benefit the toy, not hamper it. Good example is the shoulder section. The fact that people are complaining about some of that section, as well as the legs loosening on their own isn't using die cast in the right spots. I can't say anything about this toy, as none of us have it yet, but hearing the complaints is a reason for concern. I have the Alto on preorder, so hopefully we can all just be happy about the new design, and have nothing to be upset about.

Thanks, LowViz Lurker, that's a good idea. Honestly, I hate to sell or buy stuff on Ebay [i've heard WAY too many horror stories about cheating buyers and dishonest sellers], but I'll probably get the Ozma anyways. In the event that Bandai DOES go with the bundle set route, I'll just keep the "naked" Ozma VF in its beautiful fighter mode as a centerpiece on my workstation.

And yeah, Bandai's unpredictability is scary. Their penchant for web exclusives makes it even worse.

Good idea. I would just have 1 ozuma displayed in naked form and 1 with armor pack.

As for ebay: You don't have to use ebay. You could sell it in the for sale section here.

Me: I personally want to wait and see though as I like to hear reviews of things before buying. Very rarely have I bought things on preorder. Got to save up some for masterpiece optimus prime mp-10 which will probably be followed up by ultra magnus masterpiece with armour.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

With the cost (and shelf space) of valks nowadays, I've pretty much given up on "multiple versions of the same basic design" and try to have as "different-looking" as possible.

I have the same predicament, but mainly on shelf (and box storage) space rather than cost. I'm moving house in about a month and though the size is similar, the layout is such that i'll have a smaller hobby room. Since I don't like cramming my displays, I guess I'll have to sell some stuff shortly. Sorry if OT, but thought I'd share the choices I'm facing (ones underlined never got out of the box):

VF-1S Focker vs Hikaru vs Max

VF-1D vs 1A Kakizaki vs 1J Hikaru vs 1J Millia

VF-1J GBP vs Ozma Armored vs Armored Klang :lol:

VF-11B vs 11C

SV-51 Nora vs Ivanov

VF-27 Brera vs CF

VF-25F vs Fold Clear

VF-22 Gamlin vs YF-22

VF-0A vs YF-19 w/ FB

v1 VT-1 and VE-1 vs 1/72 models

Legios and Tread CMS vs Aoshima/Toynami

If I really push it, I'll also have to choose between Optimus vs Rodimus vs Daimos, and Yamato vs Andromeda vs Esmeralda :o

It seems that one of Bandai's major flaws, is that they still seem to think that diecast in these types of toys is actually a good thing. The fact is, it's not. It weighs down the toy, and with moving parts, has a tendency to loosen up over short periods of time. This is where Yamato has it right. I'm not going to trash Bandai over Yamato, but Bandai needs to step into the 21st century, and start using good plastic and A LOT less, or no die cast. It only makes the item heavier and loose, and with manufacturing technology today, doesn't offer any benefits for the aesthetic portions of a toy.

I'm with you. Metal should be reserved just for the high stress parts and not too far from joints as much as possible. I appreciate the design dilemma though: metal feet make figures more stable when standing on their own but as soon as you put them on a stand, they just dangle the legs down unless the hips AND knees are ratcheted.

Edited by Major Focker