DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

LOOK. AT. THAT. :blink:

See, that's how the bandai VF-25 should've looked from the beginning!!! I'll get this version for sure.

Bandai has the resources, they only have to show a little more love to Macross ;)

Hey guys late too the game here and i know alto will be released in october but i was wondering has it been announced when they will be releasing all the different jets and will they be releasing the armored versions or will the armored partss be only availabe as a web exclusive

Thanks

Edited by HEY BOYS

when I saw the first CG pics of this valk I said: Meh! Cheap recycled crap (those were my exact words), but now the vf-25 is becoming one of my favorite valks. It's got the best of all the previous valks and I want one of these toys baaaaaaaaaaad. :lol:

Are there any good shots of the underside of the wings that may indicate clips for accessories like MDE's?

From what I have seen it doesn't look like it but one can hope, the Gen 1 style sucked IMHO.

From the battroid mode pics that easily show the underside of the wings, it doesn't look like it has any functional hardpoints. Just the molded representations of the hardpoints that the v.1 DX VF-25's already had.

Are there any good shots of the underside of the wings that may indicate clips for accessories like MDE's?

From what I have seen it doesn't look like it but one can hope, the Gen 1 style sucked IMHO.

No functional hardpoints... unless they're magnetic or something like that.

post-12283-0-89728900-1314423816_thumb.jpg

Given how often we actually saw the VF-25 carrying underwing stores, I can't really fault them for that too heavily. Any time they needed firepower they were carrying super or armor packs anyway, which don't really allow for underwing stores. Pretty much the only time you saw anything mounted on the wings was with the speaker pods Michael carried, and I still have no idea how he carried those with the packs on (the set he left in orbit that Alto escaped with). I guess if the wings were swept fully straight out, there might be room, but no one at Bandai can seem to get it through their heads that those wings are supposed to ever pivot straight out. :rolleyes:

Now, if they ever get around to it, they won't have any excuse for the VF-171. That thing was loaded for bear, with the same missiles they used on the VF-0 no less. :lol:

Hey guys late too the game here and i know alto will be released in october but i was wondering has it been announced when they will be releasing all the different jets and will they be releasing the armored versions or will the armored partss be only availabe as a web exclusive

Thanks

To be honest, it's a little disconcerting to see them release the 1/60 YF-29 and Alto's VF-25F like they did with the 1/100 models that apparently have no intention of releasing any of the other Macross F fighters in the 1/100 scale.

At first, I wasn't worried, but the similarities, now that I think about it, are kind of disturbing. If I remember right, during the first release of the 1/60's, we were already seeing or hearing abuot Ozma's fighter before Alto's had even come out.

If Bandai doesn't take advantage and milk the mold, I'm going to be really pissed off.

-Kyp

I think they are playing on my fears. I would prefer to skip the VF-25F and get an Ozma, but there is no way I am letting my preorder for the F go until the S is announced.

I can't see Bandai not doing more given how well the F preorders seem to be selling.

Being the self - proclaimed noob that I am, I wonder if this (and consecutive releases) will come in that awesome stylized box that the YF-29 comes in :D

Would certainly add to the external appeal lol.

Also, has anyone wondered what the point of a second seat is, if there is no one to sit in it? I actually would have liked to see a sheryl, ranka, GENERIC CO-PILOT, or someone to sit in the back seat, rather than that "space Isamu" posed alto....or both actually

I personally don't care about the contents of the cockpit as long as it is not a blob of paint.

Those who have the 29 maybe know it, but I hope this includes different hands, like fists and salute hands to complement the articulated one.

I think the main reason that the DX Renewal looks different is because the guy in charge of Macross for Tamashiii, T. Maeda, came from Bandai's Hobby Division, where he worked on the 1/72 VF-25 plamos a few years ago. Once this thing is in stock I'm going to try to get an order in. The preorders sold out quick.

At the very least I'm hoping that the inevitable Armored Ozma Messiah is not a TamashiiWeb exclusive. Honestly, I would definitely want all 4 main Messiahs this time around, they don't seem like they'll be lemons like the 1.0's.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Ok now I don't feel like such a heel for not getting the first one but I'm still gonna wait for the Super/FAST packs.

I am soooo glad I never dropped a dime on any of the original releases, I'm personally gonna wait until they release the RVF-25 as it's the only version of the VF-25 that I think looks decent.

:( Oh great money wasted on a toy that can never stay up when the armor is on. Money wasted on a toy in which the legs does not bend forward to keep it balanced in Gerwalk mode. :(

I actually never thought of adding a DX to my collection until I saw pictures of the VF-27, especially in fighter and gerwalk modes. The VF-25 was awful in looks, quality and engineering, I was ready to wait for years, and finally the second version comes up, not a long wait I must add.

I remember there was much more publicity for the VF-27, unless we missed something, the amount of pictures for the DX VF-25 V2 is quite modest.

Edited by regult