DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Just out of curiosity, does it come with a stand? Never bought a DX Chogokin before.

Another thing? Is it going to have paint-chipping issues like the VF-27's nose cone? What I like about Yamato's Valks is that they use as little paint as possible on the figs, minimizing the possibility of chipping.

According to AmiAmi, the VF-25's box is going to include: Main Figure, Gunpod, Assault Riffle, Stand, 4 Hand Parts. I guess it should say knife instead of Gunpod.

And yes, paint-chipping will definitely be an issue.

According to AmiAmi, the VF-25's box is going to include: Main Figure, Gunpod, Assault Riffle, Stand, 4 Hand Parts. I guess it should say knife instead of Gunpod.

And yes, paint-chipping will definitely be an issue.

Thanks for the info!

Sucks that paint-chipping is still a problem. I'd rather they simply molded the fig in glossy plastic instead of painting it. Hopefully I can get a hold of some Pledge Floor Finish aka Future Floor Polish and brush a layer of it on the VF-25 for protection before transforming it.

Well, at least there's gonna be a stand included.

It should come with a stand. The YF-29 came with one. It will probably also have paint scrapping issues as well. Bandai hasn't seemed to figure this one out yet. Study the transformation vids to become familiar with the potential problem areas. The areas near the head in fighter mode will probably some of the most prone to scrapping.

Actar-- I have v1 1/60 yamato's that I've had in storage for years, out of direct sunlight, and they have started to yellow as well. I hate all white toys for this reason. I bet in a year the v1 frontier toys will show major yellowing. My V1 vf-25 shows some signs of slight discoloring on the shield, the rear legs and hip pieces that sit near the front intakes.

Edited by Golden Arms

It should come with a stand. The YF-29 came with one. It will probably also have paint scrapping issues as well. Bandai hasn't seemed to figure this one out yet. Study the transformation vids to become familiar with the potential problem areas. The areas near the head in fighter mode will probably some of the most prone to scrapping.

Good advice. I guess that's one of the problems with using die-cast on figures.

This metal piece next to the shoulder is always very prone to scrapping too:

post-12283-0-16976600-1311576249_thumb.jpg

Damn, I gotta be even more careful with these Bandai Valks than I do with Yamato's.

I guess that,s when you gotta start weathering 'em, :)

hoping the diecast is in the right areas .

Sorry if this question has been asked before,I haven,t bought v.1..what type of plastic/s involved?

I don't think so, considering that the FP are major accessories and to create a toy without being able to add them unless you have the FP versions would be bad business. Yamato learned that long ago. I think it will be able to add them, how well that we will have to wait and see.

Edited by kanedaestes

Odd, seems like the lower leg fins don't retract into the leg all the way. Or rather, they fold into the leg and are too big to be concealed completely.

They always folded back, along the leg, that's the way the transformation is supposed to work. The side cover lifts up, the fin folds back and the cover goes back down.

Sticking out in the back is a bit new, but it's something I can live with for having it finally look right in fighter mode.

They always folded back, along the leg, that's the way the transformation is supposed to work. The side cover lifts up, the fin folds back and the cover goes back down.

Sticking out in the back is a bit new, but it's something I can live with for having it finally look right in fighter mode.

Isn't that how the 1/72 model did it? I don't remember for sure, but I could have sworn that the model used the same procedure. Why is it a problem now? The models were quite well recieved imho...

EDIT: That question was toward everyone, not calling you out Eugimon :p

Edited by Archer

Isn't that how the 1/72 model did it? I don't remember for sure, but I could have sworn that the model used the same procedure. Why is it a problem now? The models were quite well recieved imho...

Yes, that's how the 1/72 model does it.

oh, the fins didn't stick out on the back in the DX. So, that's a change for those of us who never owned the model.

Yeah, I don't have the model. Looks okay though, I don't mind it. I was just surprised the fin was that big in the first place. I thought it was just angled badly in the DX v1.

Here's a question, will you be able to hook the gunpod on the side of the legs for knife combat? They happen to do that a few times in the show. It gets overlooked but would be cool. And have the dual seat feature like the VF-29? I'm rewatching Frontier and have noticed these things? Both of which can be seen in Ep. 12

Edited by kanedaestes

I broke down and ordered it from AmiAmi. I was thinking of getting the S instead, but I really prefer the super packs to the full armor and who knows if Bandai will release properly colored super packs for the Ozma's S.

I was fast reading the interview with Maeda san and everything became clear to me, before working in the DX line he was the lead designer of the model kit, so no wonder, every body here was talking about getting the model guy to do the DX, well finally it happened lol!