DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

The 27 is really fine as is...sculpt-wise, BUT it still uses the old hip lock mechanism. I rarely transform my valks and just leave them in fighter mode. Last week I picked up my 27 and decided to transform it and for the life of me I could not get the crotch to lock into place. Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I could not get the peg to stay in place.

Chris

And the crotch doesn't angle out either, unless you put paper under it. The legs attach to high up.

The VF-27 can swivel the legs out to achieve a good A-stance but if you want the front fuselage to angle down, the legs should bend some extra clicks foward.

205952_2290392822885_1340934256_32676108_545601_n.jpg

That...was all I needed to see.

*No longer has any worries about fighter mode*

I'll take the remaining three, and a cannon fodder, please. :) (Come on, Bandai, you know you'd sell a crap load of them!)

Oh, and a N.U.N.S. version too, while you're at it.

-Kyp

Wow! Look how sleek that fighter mode profile is! So glad I have this on preorder. Last concern is wether the subsequent variants will have the correct back plates. Damn, after seeing these pictures now I'm tempted for the rest of the line.

Chris

Ugh. My problem is that I have no self control. I have no versions #1, or the VF-27 or 29, but I pre-ordered this one. Now I am going to have to get all of them if I like it. It happened with plus, zero, M7 and DYRL? already.

Hopefully they minimize the tamashii exclusives (yeah right).

There is usually someone who coordinates group buys for the tamashii stuff right?

Wow! Look how sleek that fighter mode profile is! So glad I have this on preorder. Last concern is wether the subsequent variants will have the correct back plates. Damn, after seeing these pictures now I'm tempted for the rest of the line.

Chris

I'm betting on them all having the correct back plates as well. The panel directly behind the head has a seam line that looks like the part can be swapped out for different head shapes. :)

I'm betting on them all having the correct back plates as well. The panel directly behind the head has a seam line that looks like the part can be swapped out for different head shapes. :)

Yeah, it does look like that... I hope this time Bandai don't let us down about it...

I think people want a more dilute purple to add some transparency to the canopy, rather than the thick purple applied right now....

It looks fine as is. More than likely the same tint that's on the 29 and that allows plenty of visibility into the cockpit.

-b.

Fighter mode looks awesome and my favorite mode of the VF-25 is Gerwalk, so I'm sold and since its due out in October, just in time as a B-Day gift!! :D

And yes the canopy is supposed to be tinted purple and its looks just right to me!

I believe this has been addressed before, but for some bizarre reason, the plastic on the legs and shield piece of my VF-25 is noticeably yellow. The funny thing is, it can't be due to light of any kind as is was not only have been in my display case, it has the fast pack equipped at the time. What material did they use? In just barely two years...

I'm gonna have to get one of each. I love the Gerwalk, love the blue color of Michaels (and this V2 B mode is looking sweet too) and I love the Green color plus the look of the radome in fighter mode of Lucas.

Finally, it seems someone got smart at Bandai. It looks very much like they took the 1/72 model, and made a 1/60 toy out of it. Now why couldn't they have done this 3 years ago? :rolleyes:

Now, another problem arises....which type to get? I like 'em all. Alto has....a cool looking head, Micheal has that sweet blue paint scheme and sniper rifle, Luca has a radome, Ozma has a sweet decal set and most likely an armored set. Jeez, this will be hard....

EDIT: In the pics above that reivaj posted, is that a painted prototype or the real deal? Looks like a painted prototype to me, but can never be too sure

Edited by Archer

[...] In the pics above that reivaj posted, is that a painted prototype or the real deal? Looks like a painted prototype to me, but can never be too sure

There are higher resolution versions of these pictures and there you can see it’s a horribly painted PROTOTYPE… :(

post-12283-0-80171300-1311567132_thumb.jpg

Just out of curiosity, does it come with a stand? Never bought a DX Chogokin before.

Another thing? Is it going to have paint-chipping issues like the VF-27's nose cone? What I like about Yamato's Valks is that they use as little paint as possible on the figs, minimizing the possibility of chipping.