DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I am glad I don't care at all about the Super and Armored parts, much less the Tornado IMO designed specifically to hide the failures of the DX v.1, and NOT the "real" VF-25.

I am probably quite alone, but I do like the clean VF-25

Yeah. Just like a beautiful woman, the VF-25 looks a lot better 'naked'. B))

Gotta feel for those that purchased all the V1 and packs... :(

With the VF-1, many of us went from 1/55 Takatoku to 1/60 Yamato V1 to 1/48 Yamato to 1/60 Yamato V2. Some also may have even made side purchases of the Toynami... :lol:

No sympathy from me. ^_^

And most likely there will be VF-27 V2...

Not likely. The complaints on the VF-27 have been minimal.

Comparing the VF-27 with the YF-29 (from which the VF-25 is made after) I think the YF-27 has better fitting and plastic quality and the joints aren’t any worse IMO. All that + the reasons David, Takatoys and Vifam7 pointed out let us with not so many possibilities for a V.2.

I'm hoping for an armored Ozma as well. Never liked Alto's fighter (or Alto himself...). A VF-25G 'Michael' with Super parts and sniper rifle would be great as well. Or Luca's RVF-25 complete with Ghosts.

Keep dreaming...

IF there is something to be done about the VF-27, it would be to add a crotch bar to lower the legs a tiny bit, and maybe add some "pelvic thrust" and that's it, so I also don't think these modifications commercially justify another version yet.

Yeah, just in case there's anybody around still thinking the V.1 was alright :lol:

post-12283-0-29923000-1310998786_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-63823000-1310998807_thumb.jpg

Images from Hobby Stock.

Ahh. Those were the days people arguing that it has to be chunky to be durable at this size. And how it was already beautiful.

I can't argue on aesthetic, but at least too Bandai thinks it is a major improvement now that it's slim.

Gotta feel for those that purchased all the V1 and packs... :(

And most likely there will be VF-27 V2...

:( Sigh... looks like I will be boxing mine up. it can never stand with the armor on and the Gerewalk was all wrong.

Yes, but it was also Grace's, and was marketed/labled as such.

It was marketed as both and not labeled as grace only....

Here is some proof it was marketed in a way as a CF scheme.......

ge49bvf27blucifervalkyrie.jpg

Notice the /Normal Type. So if you never open the cockpit or attach the Super Fold Booster it is a CF scheme. :)

Edited by Loop

It was marketed as both and not labeled as grace only....

Here is some proof it was marketed in a way as a CF scheme.......

ge49bvf27blucifervalkyrie.jpg

Notice the /Normal Type. So if you never open the cockpit or attach the Super Fold Booster it is a CF scheme. :)

The point was: There is a character tied to the CF 27, in this case Grace, who is pretty substantial to the plot. So the point still stays, if purely cannon fodder with no character tied to it.

Note, it has the commander-type head. They kinda retconned non-Commander types to have the other head (which only exists in 1/72, not 1/60)

So it's not really a normal type despite the box label--it is a green, commander-type. Which so far, only Grace has piloted. (screen evidence notwithstanding, because they didn't make a new CGI head model for 5 secs of background shots for the other 2 green ones)

There should be a version 2 because Bandai has been lacking when it comes to Grace love and easy nose paint removal. Plus, the fact I own neither of 27's and almost all the 25's, none of the tornadoes.

Really got the moldy fig with that selection.

I will wait and see what the word from the field is on V2 and see what other exclusive non-sense Bandai pulls.

Note, it has the commander-type head. They kinda retconned non-Commander types to have the other head (which only exists in 1/72, not 1/60)

So it's not really a normal type despite the box label--it is a green, commander-type. Which so far, only Grace has piloted. (screen evidence notwithstanding, because they didn't make a new CGI head model for 5 secs of background shots for the other 2 green ones)

Good point, I did not notice the head sculpt.

The 27 is really fine as is...sculpt-wise, BUT it still uses the old hip lock mechanism. I rarely transform my valks and just leave them in fighter mode. Last week I picked up my 27 and decided to transform it and for the life of me I could not get the crotch to lock into place. Don't know if I was doing something wrong but I could not get the peg to stay in place.

Chris

^Isn't this the VF-25 thread? :blink: I kid, I kid :D

I was wondering if anyone took a top (dorsal) picture of the VF-25 V.2 that was displayed? I am really interested in knowing how thin the fighter compares to the actual lineart, as well as the V.1 toy.

The V.2 does look nice, but for some reason, I can't build up as much excitement for it as I do for other Yamato Valks, even though the VF-25 is my favorite design by far. It still feels "off" somehow.....

I hope they will remember to include the (tiny) gerwalk rear thrusters on there. Now that they've re-sculpted the shield attachment point in fighter mode, I have a sneaking suspicion the thrusters will be overlooked.

Overlooked you say?

post-31-0-24583000-1311288965_thumb.jpg