DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I remember when last year the Kai Solid Snake came out, I had this friend who has a friend that is well connected to the toy world, and he had already seen the Raiden for Rising of this line... Yawn... I really would like to meet some day these friends of friends always connected to every toy company...

No disrepect Renato, I've always valued your views. But is this friend of yours really in with Bandai? I'm just really surprised someone in Bandai would leak such scandalous info. And it does contrast with the near accuracy of the YF-29.

Well, an "insider" friend of mine spoke to bandai and he told me what they told him.

Oh ok, so at this point is just another case of "He told me". Not that I'm doubting your friend, but I'd rather wait for the official word (or pics in this case).

Oh ok, so at this point is just another case of "He told me". Not that I'm doubting your friend, but I'd rather wait for the official word (or pics in this case).

If they have such a good Photoshop artist, they might have good toy engineers too :D

From the photos, it does looks like the Ver 2.0 does have more surface details, similar to the 1/72 model kit. The 1/60 that I have lack panel lines on the wing and upper fuselage area.

From the photos, it does looks like the Ver 2.0 does have more surface details, similar to the 1/72 model kit. The 1/60 that I have lack panel lines on the wing and upper fuselage area.

I'm not making any judgments on these photos based on Renato's information, which i'm inclined to take sodium-free. Impossible to know what's photoshopped or not at the moment.

Wow, I'm impressed. That looks really good. I was never a big fan of Alto's, but thinking I might want it. Armored. And Armoed Ozma. I don't particularly care for the Super or Tornado packs, though Armored is awesome.

I never really put too much stock into first out photos anyways, so while they look great, it doesn't really convince me of anything. Like the YF-29, it was the muc later photos that showed all the promise and what the goods really were. So, with that, I'll stay ready, and save my comments till then on the design.

Even I am happy with YF-29's surface details, but I don't think it still has far less details than the model, the type of plastic they use are different and they can't put those ultra fine panel lines on it.

post-9743-0-38591900-1309888396_thumb.jpg

post-9743-0-10206400-1309888385_thumb.jpg

Catalog scan. Rough translation below.

Point 1: Molding details oversaw by Kawamori

Point 2: Dual mode cockpit (single / double seater)

Point 3: Improvements to intake details

Point 4: Gunpod can be attached in fighter mode

Point 5: Locking mechanism added for stability in Gerwalk mode

Point 6: Leg knee joints improvement for Gerwalk mode (really rough translation, but picture = 1000 words)

Point 7: Letter "A" pose for the legs in Gerwalk mode (again, rough translation, picture speaks for itself)

Point 8: Blade is removable when shield is attached to arm?

Point 9: Crotch improvement? in Battroid mode

Point 10: Finger Articulate with alternate gripping version for gunpod?

Nice find, nanoplasm! Thank you very much!

Since Bandai released the VF-27 I was sure they had addressed the shortcomings of their DX 25 line and would produce a V.2 sooner or later, an “evolution” as they point out. Too bad it wasn’t soon enough as to be able to sell it with the new merchandise related to the 1st movie like the tornado pack.

The shown improvements are very obvious, there’s something about some proportions in fighter mode and the landing gears as well.

Edited by Reïvaj

Point 11: The feet are shiny? ^_^

Very nice to see that the front landing gear is now of a reasonable design. I actually don't know which direction of retraction is actually canon though. Gear used for catapult launches generally have retractors behind the gear to hold them in place, but I guess they don't need those anymore. :p

I like the gerwalk support, hopefully that's a preemptive measure against the weight of future super and armor packs.

I love how the gunpod fits now too, nice and snug under the belly. The trick now will be to see if they can pull of the same for Michael's gun. Also, is it just me, or does the gunpod look bigger?

Oh, and it looks like they went with the model design for the ventral fins. I think in the side comparison of the old and new gerwalk modes, you can see the tips of the fins poking out behind the calves. Don't know if that will cause any issues for armor down the line, but I'm happy to see them properly sized and angled for fighter mode.

Edited by Chronocidal

believe that Bandai will release a vf-27 ver 2.0 ??????could just add the new hands(articulated) in the package of the VF-25!!

We totally need an improved VF-27, basically where the legs attach to the crotch!!!

[...] Oh, and it looks like they went with the model design for the ventral fins. I think in the side comparison of the old and new gerwalk modes, you can see the tips of the fins poking out behind the calves. Don't know if that will cause any issues for armor down the line, but I'm happy to see them properly sized and angled for fighter mode.

Chronocidal.....awesome eagle eye you've got there! ^_^

Hey wow, the tolerances seems tighter with less gaps between the cockpit module and the fuselage. The landing gear is a big improvement along with the hip point location. The original hip point was too low.

Catalog scan. Rough translation below.

Point 1: Molding details oversaw by Kawamori

Awesome find nanoplasm!

But does this also mean Kawamori approved the version 1.0's? :lol:

Nice!!! We need a bigger scan though. As Reivaj stated, I'd like to know what they are saying in the fighter profile comparison.

Chris

It looks like they're comparing the length of the forward fuselage, but that doesn't make much sense. It is clear how much higher the nose is above the ground though, mostly due to the forward landing gear. The second arrow is showing how much higher the legs are I think, giving a much thinner profile around the wing gloves.

Well, an "insider" friend of mine spoke to bandai and he told me what they told him.

The reason why I doubt your friend so much is because I have the YF-29, and for them to implement the changes in a NEW VF-25 is not impossible at all, in fact it's very possible, so I don't know why Bandai would have to photoshop the picture to make it look like the CG.

... so I don't know why Bandai would have to photoshop the picture to make it look like the CG.

coz they're a bunch of lazy sons-of-b!tches that just want to take our money as quickly as possible through preorders... :mellow:

If those photos are indeed Photoshopped and Bandai releases actual production photos that look nothing like what we've seen, you always have the option (and I know this sounds like the ravings of a madman) to cancel your preorder. Scandalous! :p

HLJ and Amiami will let you cancel, at least. Hobby Search changed their cancellation policy a few months back but I forgot what it was.

Edited by Lolicon

Tha question is: what were they thinking when tooling version 1? Wasn't Kawamori involved back then?

Very unprofessional...

Lucky me I did get only 1 v1 VF25. Won't get the new F, but I could buy a new Ozma Armored bundle

Edited by nexxstrait

Scheduled for late october! I think we still have time for a decision...

Which is exactly why I take that "rumor" that those pictures are fake with a whole bottle of salt. If it's going to be ready in October, less than 4 months from NOW, that means they're past waaay past the design phase and have a painted, fully transformable sample which is what we're seeing. If you look at the pictures carefully, especially in fighter mode, you can see that Alto's red markings are hand painted on. ;)ap_20110701032248538.jpg?ib_____DCXacKCZq

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

That sucks for me.. well sort of since I went a little crazy a few months back and got every single VF25 for every single available accessories out there. Oh well I guess I'll just display them and never touch them again lol