The Fanfiction Thread

frothymug

Haruhi is now Queen of Zeon? That can't be good... :D

Anyway, got the next chapter ready to go! Whew! That was the longest chapter yet! But don't worry, the world-building and set-up is almost done. Now that Our Heroes Aisha and Leon have met the mysterious Mina Forte, things are going to be heating up! In the next chapter, Leon and Aisha are helping Mina get adjusted to her new surroundings when they're interrupted by a bandit attack and a VERY familiar face comes to their aid. Who, you ask? Well, you'll find out. ;)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/901299/chapters/1784563

Read chapter 2. I like how you put the flashback scene at the beginning. I had to take a moment to figure out it was a flashback, but that was because I couldn't remember exactly how the first chapter ended. No fault of yours.

My only complaint was how quickly Leon went from unconscious to running about the hallways of the ship so nonchalantly. Then Aisha expected him to be in flying condition...? :D

I'll read another chapter soon.

I read your prologue, Banshee. Everything looks good. A couple of minor grammatical errors and punctuation omissions, but otherwise a solid, coherent introduction.

One thing I wanted to point out was that when you described the reformation of the UN into the New UN, you only mentioned the NUNS. Remember that the Spacy is a branch of the New UN. Plus, from what I read, you are inferring that the New UN government seat is on the Frontier fleet. I am pretty sure that this is slightly misleading. The New UN is a loose collection of the city-states that constitute the individual established colonies, and the emigration fleets still searching for a planet on which to settle (correct me if I'm wrong, here). This means that each colony and fleet has governmental autonomy, like an individual country of today's Earth. However, they are still members of the association of governments, the New UN. It is to the fleets and colonies as the (real) United Nations is to our countries on Earth.

I believe the UN or New UN is more of a federation of allied states as Frothy mentioned. More like the current UN on Earth, but with a Federal military arm. Kawamori implied (IIRC) that the R&D on Valkyrie tech originates in federal facilities, but not all the tech is freely shared with the fleets (Macross: the Ride), I suspect to avoid any technological equality with armed rebellions against the Centralized authority, its agencies or forces. Hence you can have the VF-25 and VF-27 variants from the YF-24 air frame. Two fighters not directly developed by UN Spacy, but apparently authorized by earning a "VF" designation. This withholding of tech is not new as the US does't export the F-22 and only select allies get full versions of exported US Fighter technologies, to maintain the country's tech superiority in fighter craft.

Much of the speculation about the existence of the VF-24 comes from what Kawamori revealed in "The Ride". Nothing official mind you, but a reasonable extrapolation that the next Gen UN Spacy fighter would be the VF-24 with all the tech advancements not shared with the emigration fleets like Frontier or Galaxy.

Edited by Zinjo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ai-kun Builds Gunpla

One day the incredible Johnny Space Boots came to the Vajra homeworld and requested that the queens give one of their larva and in return he gives them the most awesome present ever: Cheese. The vajra agreed and Johnny Space Boots took the little larva home to the Zeon Palace of Axis where he taught Ai-kun the art of gunpla building. Once Ai-kun managed to fully construct and paint a perfect grade class Devil Gundam in 6 hours, Johnny Space Boots sent his apprentice to Tokyo where he would partake in the 50th annual Gunpla Fighters Tournament sponsored by Bandai. It would have been moved to last year, but Gamera was arm wrestling the giant RX-78 because he thought Bandai was brainwashing kids or something. Ai-kun used his trusty Beargguy and went up against some Graham Acker fanboy named Alto Saotome and his rather flamboyant Murasame Astray. Flamboyant, but also super FAAAAAAABULOUS! Ai-kun was inexperienced against the veteran fighter, bit his hard work and determination (and combination of putting glue and scotch tape on his model's parts) allowed the not-squirrel alien to win. Alto, being uber angry, peeled off his face to reveal he was actually Basara Nekki and yelled "Listen to my song, mother f**ker!" before shooting Ai-kun with an E-11 Blaster Rifle. The judges could have prevented this, but they were too busy eating popsicles. However, Ai-kun did not die, rather he metamorphed into his adult stage and squished Basara like a pancake. Ai-kun put on some giant Kamina sunglasses that came out of nowhere just as Ranka Lee jumped into the somehow not destroyed room and thanked the alien bug for squishing her ex.

The morale of the story? Buy some f**king gunpla and awesome s**t will happen. Also you'll get the womenz. The end.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

fixt

Seriously, I'm very curious to see what you've been working on. Hint, hint...

There is a team (A "special ops" pilot and a civilian worker) doing a Environmental inspection in a independent colony in the far corner of the galaxy (Spiral arm of Perseo) the colony is homed by and old Three Star Factory class ship that came from Macross 7 Fleet, some time before the events of macross 7 series.

Some crap happens when the duo arrives to the colony and all the drama started.

From here, it's all about the life in the colony and all the secrets that came under the light about the disturbing past of some of the citizen that came from City 7.

Because DRAMA and everything.'

Plus, at the same time, a lot of things that happen in the past starts to make sense Why the ASS-1 crash on earth? Why Breetai was so obsessed with that ship? And why the cultural shock was so effective in the Zentradi Army? All that things are linked somehow and I'm trying to put them toghether under a single story.

And the name "Chatarra" (Junk) is because there is a gigant and ancient Zentradi battlefield filled with ships wrecks. The Colony works the field recycling metal for subsistence

And now you can see why i can't translate that to english, is hard and horrible and... bad.

Edited by Gerli

Frothymug, did I see that you posted a new chappie on FF.net?

Yeah, actually. This is that same chapter I sent to you a few months ago, as I'm sure you may have already noticed. I don't have any new material "hiding" on my HDD at this point, so it may be awhile before I post again. I made sure to make that clear in my author's notes on FF.net. I mostly posted it to let the followers know that I was still alive and that I still intend on finishing.

There is a team (A "special ops" pilot and a civilian worker) doing a Environmental inspection in a independent colony in the far corner of the galaxy (Spiral arm of Perseo) the colony is homed by and old Three Star Factory class ship that came from Macross 7 Fleet, some time before the events of macross 7 series.

Some crap happens when the duo arrives to the colony and all the drama started.

From here, it's all about the life in the colony and all the secrets that came under the light about the disturbing past of some of the citizen that came from City 7.

Because DRAMA and everything.'

Plus, at the same time, a lot of things that happen in the past starts to make sense Why the ASS-1 crash on earth? Why Breetai was so obsessed with that ship? And why the cultural shock was so effective in the Zentradi Army? All that things are linked somehow and I'm trying to put them toghether under a single story.

And the name "Chatarra" (Junk) is because there is a gigant and ancient Zentradi battlefield filled with ships wrecks. The Colony works the field recycling metal for subsistence

And now you can see why i can't translate that to english, is hard and horrible and... bad.

I'm sure someone around here would be willing to help with a translation project. You'd be surprised at what kind of support you can drum up. I know that I might be willing to help clean up some spelling and grammar, and I'm sure several other posters here can do just as good of a job.

I'm sure someone around here would be willing to help with a translation project. You'd be surprised at what kind of support you can drum up. I know that I might be willing to help clean up some spelling and grammar, and I'm sure several other posters here can do just as good of a job.

That would be very cool but... it's a lot of work, better wait until it's finished so others can judge it and see if it worth of translating.

Edited by Gerli

• 2 weeks later...

Ai-kun Makes a Kitbash

After getiin' some, the lovable vajra Ai-kun encountered some guy with a Death Note named Kira Yamato who used an age reversal spell on Ai-kun because he was a colossal dick. Ai-kun, epically PO'd, decided to get revenge (OP OP Gundam Style!). Realizing that no one gunpla model could take out Kira, he decided to combine several gunpla into one, forming Kitbash Gundam. Ai-kun managed to attach an Epyon Heat Rod, a pair of Ashtaron Scissor Claws, a Turn X Moonlight Butterfly, and Qan[T] Gundam's GN Sword onto a G-3 Gundam kit with a GM head because 08th MS Team FTW! Also it could transform into a jet because he was a Macross fan for some reason (gee I wonder why?). Ai-kun faced Kira in his painted and FAAAAAAABULOUS Strike Freedom Gundam. Kira went beam spammy, but Ai-kun used an I-Field powered by pop idol music to block all of it. As Ai-kun was about to attack the Strike Freedom shoved a beam saber right into the cockpit because as gundam laws go: Nothing of matter stops beam sabers ever. However, the mobile suit split vertically in half! Upon which the sides turned into an iron maiden and blew up the Strike Freedom, all with Ai-kun having a little sign saying "Ideon and Gunbuster for the win!" Lacus, Kira's woman, walked up to him and smacked his head off and took his Death Note with a sadistic look in her Shinigami-esque eyes. Ai-kun crawled off as the crowd started cheering the little bug on and even threw underpants in it because....
The moral of this story? Imaginations are f**king awesome so use them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ai-kun Goes Obari

After the defeat of Kira Yamato, Ai-kun had his kit bash on display at some Hong Kong museum because money. Upon coming home to Japan, however, the little alien bug discovered that some place called Tokyo-3 was being attacked by 80 meter kaiju called Shitos. [TL Note: Shito = Angel] For some reason Ai-kun decided to go to Tokyo-3 to confront these Shitos and upon arriving met one named Arael. Arael used his own Absolute Terror Field in an attempt to mind rape Ai-kun, but because he was not an angsty teenager with no discipline he was not affected and Arael's head exploded. It was pretty. Ai-kun was then met with a Shito named Armisael who tried to fuse to Ai-kun, but he was too small. However, Ai-kun knew the Shito was lonely so he proceeded to hug him, giving Ai-kun armor like that of Tekkaman.... Somehow. He walked into Tokyo-3 while punching out Evas 00 to 03, except 01 because Shinji was crying like a bitch because he got no pudding for dessert last night. Gendo commented on how Ai-kun would kick start Human Instrumentality (100,000 dollar pledge?) as the alien bug descended into Central Dogma. He encountered something more horrifying than a masked alien humanoid named after a vampire nailed to a giant cross: Mikono Suzushiro. Upon discovering this horror, Ai-kun's armor started to play HEATS by Jam Project and the shading all over his body went crazy, essentially getting his Obari on. To finish the menace he conjured a magical hammer that yelled "HIKARI NE NARE!" and everything exploded. Third impact happened and it was glorious.
The moral of this story? Stuff happens, usually because it looks cool.