The Fanfiction Thread

frothymug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A while back, me and one other guy from this site (I can no longer remember his name, this was back around 2002) had a pair of macross fan fictions we were writing.... his was called "Macross: Victory Skies" I think... Mine was simply "Skull Leader VFX", both centered around small, independent-action VFX squadrons. Our stories even crossed over at one point where a pair of VB-6 pilots from his story saved the team in my story during an extraction.

I wish I still had all that somewhere, I'd repost it again. I'll have to look on some of my old external hard drives and see if I squirreled anything away.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick one-shot.

"I'm trying to remember, whose bright idea was it to fly down into a mysterious tunnel, big enough to have a dogfight in, to find some lost songstresses? 'Cause there's no way this could go wrong."

Isamu Alva Dyson grinned a lopsided grin as deftly maneuvered his beloved YF-19 down the aforementioned tunnel alongside Hikaru Ichijo in his recently souped-up VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, Basara Nekki in his VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, Shin Kudo in an upgraded VF-0A Phoenix, Alto Saotome in his VF-25 Tornado Messiah and Leon Sakaki in his YF-25 Super Prophecy.

"Can it, would you Dyson?" said an annoyed Hikaru over the radio, "We didn't ask you to come."

Isamu was about to fire back a retort when Basara broke in.

"Can you hear that? Someone's singing!"

"I don't hear anything," said Isamu, trying to pick out any songs in the background hiss of the open radio channel.

"Crank the gain up and listen closely" replied Basara, but he needn't have bothered as the music was becoming louder every second. A cold feeling of worry began to grow in Isamu's gut as familiar lyrics became discernable.

"Red and roses... lips and breath..."

"Aw hell, heads up guys, we're about to have company," he said.

"12 o' clock low!" cried Leon, banking his YF-25 to the right as a torrent of gunfire seemed to burst out of the darkness beyond their navigation lights. What looked like a red streak arced up from the darkness, firing as it came, causing the pilots to scatter in all directions.

"What the hell was that?!" snarled Shin, "A Ghost drone?"

"Worse," replied Isamu grimly, eyes narrowing as a ghostly imaged flashed across his monitor, "It's Sharon Apple."

• 3 weeks later...

I'm writing one but is in Spanish only. -_-

It's called "Chatarra" (Junk) The story revolves around an old Three Star Class Factory Ship near an ancient Zentraedi battlefield. The enormous ship is used as a Colony by a small group of workers that salvages the old battlefield. When a scheduled sanitary inspection from the NUNS arrive to the colony something happens....

https://docs.google....MkVGYWsyOHJZX0U

Edited by Gerli

I'm uploading my Fanfic to Fanfiction.net as well.

http://www.fanfictio...5775/1/Chatarra

I'm slowly reading all the previous material posted in this thread too. A lot of good things to read but little time :(

Is there any way to read stories from Fanfiction.net in my Kindle? It would be Great!

Edited by Gerli

Dammit. I know some spanish, but it's a daunting task to try to read it so I can get the general gist of what's going on in your story.

On a related note, I'm going to try to update this week before the semester starts. It's been over a damn year now :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got a new project I'm working on, something that's been poking at me since I became a Macross fan in 2011. No, I haven't abandoned Odyssey, I'll be working on that too. This particular fic is partially inspired by Macross 30. Here's a little hint:

You may not be Jedi," he said, "but when you all sang, the Force sang with you."

I'll keep an eye on this thread as somewhere to put my story when I get around to finishing it.

The one Ive been working off and on for a few months now is a pure Zentradi story, two battlefleets. fighting over sector supremacy, cant reveal to much yet otherwise it will basically spoil it but it has Kamjin in it. And yes,he ramms his ship recklessly into others.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds interesting!

I'm going to have to keep my work on hiatus for a bit longer. This semester is destroying any free time I have. I don't plan on taking any classes this summer, but I am going to be looking for full-time work. Even with a full-time job, though, I should have much more free time than if I was taking a full load at the university.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I've finally gotten some time to work on my fanfic again. I've been working on the same chapter for almost two damn years. It's gotten so long, that I've decided to break the unfinished portion off and publish the first part as its own chapter. I just need to do some touching up and all that and I can have it ready for a proofread.

Chillyche and VF-15 Banshee, you both indicated that you'd be available for some proofreading. You guys up to it? You may need to get refreshed so you can pick up where I left off so long ago! I have all day tomorrow to do whatever I want, so I will probably have something ready to go by then.

Had a busy day, so I didn't spend as much time writing as I wanted. I've just got to wrap up the end and I'll be done. It's getting late and I have a tutoring client to see in the morning. I'll try to finish after I get home and before I have to go in to work my job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Macross 30: Voices Across The Galaxy

Summary:

2060 AD. One year after the war between the Macross Frontier fleet and the Vajra, the galaxy is settling back into peace. But a discovery on a backwater colony planet could spell the end of the galaxy as we know it. Young SMS pilot Leon Sakaki, together with the legendary songstresses and pilots, must confront this new evil and stop it before the galaxy is changed forever.

Notes:

As you've probably surmised, this is something of a novelization of the recently of the PS3 game Macross 30. Why? Why not? :)
In all seriousness though, the game was awesome enough that I just kind of felt the need to do this. I know that game adaptions can be somewhat boring, especially if you've already beaten said game. So I decided to add a few twists to this one to give it its own unique flavor. I am in no way saying that Macross 30 was a bad game, I'm just trying to make this something worth reading, as I said.
There will be a few changes but all relatively minor, such as adding in the Macross 2 characters as well as a few others. Also a few of the Valkyries that oddly absent from the game such as the VF-4 Lightning III and the VF-5000 Star Mirage. Might even toss in the VA-3.
Also, since Macross is so intrinsically connected to music, I'll be making recommendations every so often, sometimes at the start of chapter, sometimes within it. For the beginning part of this chapter, I would recomend "Voices" from Macross Plus.
Lastly, I was writing a story just before Macross 30 that was kind of a crossover between Macross and Star Wars. I've decided to eventually integrate that story into Macross 30 AFTER the main story. Bonus chapters if you will.

Now, without further ado, Macross 30.

Frothymug: I just finished reading your chapter, so I'll be getting back to you soon on that. :)

Also, I have four open invites to the fanfic site I'm using, if anyone wants one. They have to be sent by email, though.

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Yeah, I got the e-mail and came here to see if you'd mentioned anything about the site. I'm about to go to bed, but I'll check it out soon.

You've piqued my curiosity on this "novelization" of the game. How accurate is it going to be? Might be worth reading and then playing the game so I at least know what's going on.

I went ahead and read your prologue. Nice! One question: I thought CIC was Commander In Chief.

Edited by frothymug

Yeah, I got the e-mail and came here to see if you'd mentioned anything about the site. I'm about to go to bed, but I'll check it out soon.

You've piqued my curiosity on this "novelization" of the game. How accurate is it going to be? Might be worth reading and then playing the game so I at least know what's going on.

Well, as accurate as I can get it. As I said, there'll be a few changes here and there but nothing too major.

I went ahead and read your prologue. Nice! One question: I thought CIC was Commander In Chief.

I suppose it could be but I've always understood it to mean Combat Information Center.