Saban Brands Library on NetFlix Live Streaming

It was announced that starting June 15, Saban Brands will offer their library of poorly-adapted tokusatsu titles on NetFlix Live Streaming. This includes all of the past Power Rangers titles, from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers RPM. Also on the list are Big Bad Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Fortunately, Saban's butchered Masked Rider series is not included.

And here's a little publicity stunt Saban did recently to promote both the NetFlix deal and their current title, Power Rangers Samurai (which is a piss-poor adaptation of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger).

Edited by areaseven

(which is a piss-poor adaptation of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger).

Is it fair to even call it an adaptation? That is kinda like saying some rap songs are adaptations of the music they sampled for the "skritchy, skritchy" backwards and forwards on the record player sounds...

Is it fair to even call it an adaptation? That is kinda like saying some rap songs are adaptations of the music they sampled for the "skritchy, skritchy" backwards and forwards on the record player sounds...

The problem with Power Rangers Samurai is that unlike majority of the past titles - which made their own stories while using stock footage, it makes a really bad attempt at being a faithful recreation of the source show. Practically word-for-word, an episode is a carbon copy of a Shinkenger episode - but with Americans and New Zealanders replacing the Japanese actors. Certain aspects of Shinkenger - which heavily reflect Japanese culture - just don't work in a western environment. Likewise, some changes made to the characters just ruin the whole thing altogether. As a matter of fact, why are these Power Rangers, well, Samurai in the first place?

I could care less about how Saban will adapt Tensou Sentai Goseiger next year, as that show is pretty lame. I'm just afraid of how they will butcher Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger in 2013.

I keep saying that once i get in more shape and cut I shall make a Black Ranger costume and rock it all day long....at you know costumed styled events. Zack the original black ranger was my favorite. He was dancing and kicking ass lol.

• 8 months later...

Early this month, Saban struck a deal with Shout! Factory, giving the latter exclusive DVD, Blu-ray and digital rights to over 700 Power Rangers episodes, as well as VR Troopers, Big Bad Beetleborgs and Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation. This agreement does not include the Power Rangers movies. Look for these titles to hit video stores this Summer.

Meanwhile, here's an excellent idea on adapting Goseiger as the next Power Rangers title:

Edited by areaseven

I read in a Brazilian website about entertainment, which according to the HyperHobby,Toei was preparing a film-style Super Sentai Hero 199 Great Battle, but with 20 seasons of Power Rangers.

"Takeyuki Suzuki, executive Toei revealed that initially the idea was to use the same images of the special Super Sentai. However, much work would remove the squads that were not adapted in the West. Thus, a whole new recording will be performed for the production of the event.

Read more: Power Rangers gathered to celebrate the 20 years| Anime, Manga and TV -ANMTV http://www.anmtv.xpg...ao-aos-20-anos/#ixzz1pKl8qkJ8"

I want to see that adapting the Rangers did the same roles in the following seasons (likeTurbo Ranger in Power Rangers in Space).

Edited by Old_Nash

• 2 months later...

This July, many Power Rangers fans will dent their bank accounts with this:

Power Rangers 40-Disc DVD Box Set Coming - From Shout! Factory and Time Life Home Video. Covers the first seven seasons from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (not including the theatrical releases MMPR: The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, which you can get for $5 at Walmart, anyway).

This July, many Power Rangers fans will dent their bank accounts with this:

Power Rangers 40-Disc DVD Box Set Coming - From Shout! Factory and Time Life Home Video. Covers the first seven seasons from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to Power Rangers Lost Galaxy (not including the theatrical releases MMPR: The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, which you can get for $5 at Walmart, anyway).

I don't waste my money in this.

I'll just buy only the episodes where Tommy appears XD

• 3 weeks later...

Just this week at the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, it's been revealed that next year's Power Rangers will be titled Power Rangers Megaforce, and it will use the suits from Tensou Sentai Goseiger. In addition, there appears to be a separate project to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Power Rangers franchise (no word on how Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger will be involved in this, though). Check out the poster below.

post-237-0-89536800-1339466594_thumb.jpg

Saban Booth @ Licensing Expo

• 1 month later...

In a recent radio interview, Jason David Frank had this to say:

"If Saban ever wanted me to do something, I would do it. I just want everyone to know that if you hear any rumors about Jason Frank not doing the 20 year anniversary for any other reason, I will tell everybody right now that I do things for fun. I would do it for all of my fans and I would do it for a dollar. If it doesn't happen, it has nothing to do with me, it has nothing to do with money, it has to do with Saban. If the fans wanted to see me, it has nothing to do with money. It has to do with doing stuff for you guys."

That's right - you can't have a Power Rangers anniversary without Tommy. Now who else will they pick up from the alumni?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As someone who didn't like Goseiger and is a casual Power Rangers hater, I will admit that the first episode of Power Rangers Megaforce was very well executed. The acting is the closest to RPM in terms of being tolerable. Also, the use of the Goseiger suits minus the Angel references worked out fine. Still not exactly sure how the Ranger Keys will play out in this series, though.

Oh yeah, Yellow and Pink are hot. :wub:

IMG_9884.jpg

201304_PowerRanger_PINK.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

And now for some Power Rangers news:

- Power Rangers Super Megaforce is the follow-up season to Power Rangers Megaforce - both of which celebrate the 20th anniversary of the franchise. It has been confirmed that Super Megaforce will be adapting the suits and mecha of the 2011 Super Sentai series Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

- As with Gokaiger, Super Megaforce is slated to feature guest appearances by members of the Power Rangers alumni. Unfortunately, we've only heard rejections from past members. Steve Cardenas (Rocky DeSantos from MMPR Season 2 to Turbo) and Karan Ashley (Aisha Campbell/Yellow Ranger II in MMPR Seasons 2-3) turned down offers to reprise their roles because of the very low salary Saban offered them. At the same time, Rhett Fisher (Ryan Mitchell/Titanium Ranger in Lightspeed Rescue) was excited to receive an invitation by Saban, but was suddenly rejected because Saban simply couldn't afford him. Furthermore, Matt Austin (Bridge Carson/S.P.D. Green/Blue/Red in S.P.D.) claims that none of the alumni from the Disney era (2001-2008) got an invite from Saban. This was proven when Pua Magasiva (Shane Clarke/Red Wind Ranger in Ninja Storm) and Brandon Jay McLaren (Jack Landors/S.P.D. Red Ranger in S.P.D.) tweeted that they never received any invitations.

- So far, here are the alumni who have confirmed their guest appearances:

* Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver in MMPR / Zeo / Turbo / Dino Thunder)

* Selwyn Ward (T. J./Red Turbo Ranger II in Turbo)

* Danny Slavin (Leo/Galaxy Red Ranger in Lost Galaxy)

* Reggie Rolle (Damon/Galaxy Green Ranger in Lost Galaxy)

* Melody Perkins (Karone/Galaxy Pink Ranger II in Lost Galaxy)

* Sean Cw Johnson (Carter/Red Lightspeed Ranger in Lightspeed Rescue)

* Jason Faunt (Wes Collins/Red Time Ranger in Time Force)

* Najee De-Tiege (Kevin/Blue Samurai Ranger in Samurai)

* Hector David, Jr. (Mike/Green Samurai Ranger in Samurai)

* Brittany Anne Pirtle (Emily/Yellow Samurai Ranger in Samurai)

Edited by areaseven

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The new toys for Power Rangers Super Megaforce have been unveiled at this year's San Diego Comic-Con. As expected, the toy line is completely different from Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. The Ranger Keys appear to have undergone a McDiet. The Legendary Megazord is a watered-down redesign of Gokaioh, minus the opening compartments.

And for all the old-school fans, Bandai has displayed the Legacy Dragonzord and Dragon Dagger, as well as a resin prototype of the Jumbo Megazord.

Power Rangers Super Megaforce Merchandise Spotted in SDCC

SDCC 2013 - Bandai Images

In other news, the S.H. Figuarts Gokaigers will see a U.S. release in Power Rangers Super Megaforce packaging. Those looking to make a custom Gokaioh cockpit diorama will be disappointed, as the figures will not come with the Gokai Darin wheels and seats.

S.H. Figuarts Gokaigers Set for U.S. Release

Edited by areaseven