Speaking of the AGE-2, have you guys seen this concept art? Nobody knows as to whether it is fan made or a leaked image of an actual form of AGE-2 (this time, the corresponding version of the Spallow I would guess). Either way, looks really cool, and would be awesome if it was real.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If it is actual concept art, I would have loved to see it in action. It fit's Asemu's combat style. If it is real, it may show up in a manga. But sadly, this generation's story is coming to an end by next month. So whether it is real or not, there's no chance we'll see it animated.

Those pictures first came out in April 1st y'know. And suddenly high-res full colored art without "proper" sequence as blurred scan (or silhouette tease), no official twitter or Gundam.info confirmation.

EDIT: From episode 27

34.jpg

Guld, is that you :p ?

Edited by reeoyuy

Well, episode 28 was, in a way, very.....anti - climactic.

I at least thought there would be something more conclusive about the relationship between Asemu and Zeheart, although I guess they are saving that for the next generation. Furthermore, it seems like after everything that has happened, Flit still hasn't changed at all.

Also, looks like Asemu will be taking on the mantle left behind by Woolf. Even down to the horrible pure white AGE-2...

Lastly, I wonder what happened to the pilot [Obright?] who fell in love with the maintanence tech that died...

Edited by Archer

I at least thought there would be something more conclusive about the relationship between Asemu and Zeheart, although I guess they are saving that for the next generation. Furthermore, it seems like after everything that has happened, Flit still hasn't changed at all.

Also, looks like Asemu will be taking on the mantle left behind by Woolf. Even down to the horrible pure white AGE-2...

Lastly, I wonder what happened to the pilot [Obright?] who fell in love with the maintanence tech that died...

Will we see a invasion of Mars or a attack with a WMD to destroy them all at the end of the show?

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that, given how fanatical the Vagan are about their goals, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually, "wipe out those Earthling scum." 'Course I bet you they're not allowed to say that because this is technically a kid's show. (Even though they seem to be miserably failing in that department.)

I really am interested in this new Diva bridge crew, especially poor adorable Captain Natora (after all that's been said, I'm not touching that last name; what is it with this show and their frakking names?!) Especially goes to highlight how bland the last bridge crew was.

I'm actually rewatching AGE from episode 1 and it's interesting to see things begin to crystalize somewhat. So that was probably Decil in his Zedas at Nora right? And how did Yurin already know how to use her abilities? And Emily! At least she had spunk and I have a whole new level of respect for her, especially when it shows kust how bland, flat, boring and useless Romary was. And Dique swimming through microgravity was hilaribad.

That scene with Natora getting the coloring book for the kids as a lowly lieutenant one moment then become captain of the Diva a few minutes later was such a contrast of responsibility. It was almost hilarious. But I feel sorry for her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

It seems as though discussion for Age grinded to a hault during the jungle battles arc. What did you guys think about everything after and the finale? Personally I was very disappointed, so much so that I wouldn't hesitate to call it my least favorite series of the franchise (not entry though, 0080 barely hlds that title). I also didn't enjoy the FX, it just felt out of place and with Kio.... Eh, kind of ruined it for me.

It seems as though discussion for Age grinded to a hault during the jungle battles arc. What did you guys think about everything after and the finale? Personally I was very disappointed, so much so that I wouldn't hesitate to call it my least favorite series of the franchise (not entry though, 0080 barely hlds that title). I also didn't enjoy the FX, it just felt out of place and with Kio.... Eh, kind of ruined it for me.

I kind of started to lose track of everything by the end of it. Kio just flying through different gundams/equipment like nobody's business, random brand new Supah bad characters, interjected story arks and characters that seem out of place at best.

Honestly, Flit's story (gen1) seemed somewhat coherent, Asemu's days were alright, but when you throw Kio into the mix, and like 95 other intermittent characters from the past three generations, and their own dilemmas, things just got way too crazy, and really awkward.

To be brutally honest, this wasn't just a really really bad gundam series, it was just a really bad series *period*.

I'd never have wasted this much time watching a series had it not held the Gundam Title, and even then, I was getting weary of it by the end. I've at least enjoyed some parts of every gundam series I've watched till this.

Honestly? I thought it was a piece of crap and I'm glad it was over. It should some potential with the first story arc and then it just kind of went to hell by the middle of the second arc. It was almost like watching gundam seed destiny all over again, glad it's over.

To be brutally honest, this wasn't just a really really bad gundam series, it was just a really bad series *period*.

+1

The concept was good. The execution was terrible.

Flit's arc had a coherent story. Everything else was just standard. Nothing really jumped out. I tried to watch it but ended up skipping lots of parts in the middle. Asemu's had slightly better character-interaction but the story started going to the crapper. And I actually watched most of this arc. Kio's arc was awful on all fronts. If I missed an episode, and I did for at least 2/3's of it, I never even bothered trying to catch up.

Considering how long it takes to create a 50 episode anime from the ground up? doesn't surprise me. It'll take 3 years to probably finish all 3 story archs and 2 more years until we see a new generation of Gundam stories that will be looking like AGE and SEED.

Honestly, I thought 00 had a good run but just got so damn weird near the end.