Small scale this time, for the big family

newca

Please note, pictures below are all from our recent test shots, parts are roughly made just for fitting, they are not complete and surface detail is not as good as future products.

Click to get PE part for Hasegawa 1/72 MACROSS VF-1 VALKRIE FAMILY

01.jpg

13.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

07.jpg

Edited by newca

Cool... I especially like the cockpit control panel/monitor and the canopy hinges/edge details... I tried doing an open canopy conversion a while back, didn't do too well unfortunately... So I bet those parts would be a great help.

As it happens, I've been recently working on a replacement for the valk's vernier nozzles for a Battroid build. I took a slightly different approach: my plan is to drill out the whole of the original vernier (not just the recessed circle in the middle), mount a resin-cast "thruster bell" detail (just made the original copy last night - just used a 4mm drill bit to bite into the surface of plastic sheet, then drilled out the center with a 2mm bit, and spun the part to create the 4.5mm outer diameter) I had planned on etching my own "multipurpose hook & handle" detail (the circle with the line through it) to go over that. ...I'm guessing your sheet won't be ready soon enough for me to take advantage of the ones you're making, so probably I'll stick to that plan... Maybe I can post up some Battroid WIP sometime this week to share what I've been doing...

One thing about those - I don't know how other people feel about this, but on mine I'm moving away from the Hasegawa design for those "handles" and going back to something more like the original - just a straight bar instead of making it thicker at one end. There was a time when I liked the Hasegawa design better, so I can understand why someone would choose to stick with that. But have you given any thought to going with the original "straight-bar" design instead of the Hasegawa design?

(EDIT): Also - what about the extending boarding ladder? (Or is it not considered part of the DYRL design? Or is it even worth doing as photo-etch?)

Edited by tetsujin

Hello tetsujin, curious on your Battroid build project, if you would have any progress pics to share, it may be some really nice ideas for other VF fans and us in the future.

And the handle thing you said, we think it is a vector thrust exhaust, according to the book <Variable fighter master file vf-1 valkyrie Vol.1>.

To all other friends who want 1/60 scale, sorry, we have no comments on that at this stage...

post-548-0-55215700-1308229411_thumb.jpg

An ideia: battroid and gerwalk versions from VF-1 also have vector thrust exhaust and i have 3 battroids to build overhere. So if a want to add this detail to my models ( vector thrusters ) i need to buy the PE set, but will only use few pieces. Sooo... Could you think in a PE set for battroids ? ;)

Excellent idea!! we 1/72 builders needed this.

Just 1 suggestion as a customer, about the 2 BIG flat parts that cover the rear of the fuselage between the wings...

05.jpg

It´s nice to have this parts, as sanding and painting this requiere time...bored time, I would like to have those pieces, but deffinitely NOT with lack of details, I would like to have this parts WITH details, some nice panel lines, maybe just like those from the 1/48 hasegawa model, could you add this details to the parts? That would be deffinitely awesome for everyone.

Also, 2 suggestions that could be interesting, please, tell me what do you think. I want to make a valkyrie with the wing spoilers up!! it requires much work on styrene, and photoetched spoilers would make it waaay eassier, also, some photoetched parts to help make the flaps and slats down would be veeery nice.

And just a question, I can see that you added some control panels on the side of the cockpit, this is a exrtemely good idea, cuold you show more detail of this? Thank you very much.

P.S. I second the GREAT idea of "Spitfire_BR", a PE set for battroids is really needed, could you accept suggestions about wich parts we need? hehehe.

Edited by Cesar Enrique

Hello Cesar, here is the detail photo you mentioned.

And let's take one step at a time, PE for plane model is step 1.

We would left town several days from tomorrow, hope to let all of you see our latest updated test shots next time.

post-548-0-03213200-1308493265_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, we are back, and with some latest test shots~

post-548-0-88014000-1309783633_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-42290200-1309783760_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-72823700-1309783812_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-24447300-1309783911_thumb.jpg

post-548-0-06141400-1309783968_thumb.jpg

We believe this set could be in stock in mid July. And we are focusing on cockpit and swing-wing details this time, MSRP is 15USD.

Fantastic,

How about one last tiny addition/suggestion? What about the fold out step ladder from the forward fuselage to climb into the cockpit?

Great work, can't wait till its on sale! Thanks for not forgetting about us 1/72 scalers!!

How about one last tiny addition/suggestion? What about the fold out step ladder from the forward fuselage to climb into the cockpit?

That's a very nice idea, and also would be easy to create, if they have room to do it on the PE sheet.

• 3 years later...

Newca:

I am desperately trying to find some extra sheets of these photo etched parts for my talks. can you please tell me that you can still provide some?

where can I get some. How much will it cost to commission some?

really looking forward to your response.

josehmujica@flrplans.com

I’d like to have this set me too…

Five sets as minimum!

I contacted Jasmine Model one month ago and they confirmed me the set is not available.

Supposing there are a lot of people interested in it, I can not understand the reason because they not produce again this set. I’m sure it should have more customers than the VF-1 in PE parts!

Jasmine Model, please, helps us! :-)

ANDREA

Italy

Yeah, did the same question with the same answer, Jasmine doesn't intend to produce a new bath in near future, too sad, i didn't have the money to buy all sets i needed when it was available, hope they chance and make a lot of then again ! And i really need to buy the PE VF-1 asap, because now one knows it it'll be available for a long time.