Where are all the Elintseekers?

dreadpyrat

Graham, any word on more bandai 1/55 reissues either from Bandai or Toynami? I've been waiting years for that VF-1D :o Not to mention strike/vf-1t/elint

Anyway back on topic, check the trades section on this forum and a nice man is selling a 1/60 elint there.

I highly suspect that we're going to see a lot of Yamato reissues for the 30th anniversary. I suspect we'll have members stocking up on Elintseekers, Super-Os, Maxes and Milias. That's my guess.

I just scanned this thread and here are some other notes:

oynami has had international merchandising rights for Do You Remember Love for eons now. I believe they celebrated getting those rights by releasing a Hikaru VF-1S Super Poseable way back in the day.

Prototypes have painted canopies... production toys do not.

I hope you're right. The recession put me at some serious collection holes and I need to replenish now that I'm back in the game. Please let us know if you hear anything Graham. Their are a bunch of things that I still need to stock up on.

- Nghia

I hope you're right. The recession put me at some serious collection holes and I need to replenish now that I'm back in the game. Please let us know if you hear anything Graham. Their are a bunch of things that I still need to stock up on.

- Nghia

He is telling the truth and he is ready to spend some serious cash!!! :D

A re-issue of the Elint v2 would be cool, but honestly, even though I still dont' have one yet, I like that it's rare and would be happy to cough up the $$ to get a rare item. For me personally, it makes it unattractive when there's so many out there and everyone has one :p

What I want more than anything, are 1/48's Elint and Super O. I seriously...SERIOUSLY feel that 1/48 line is NOT complete without those.....I would buy them instantly!!! Maybe doubles!!!

Well I for one didn't get in on the v2's because i already started the v1 collection so I decided to go all v1. As far as value goes, if i was concerned about that I'd own doubles of all the v1's and then be like DOH! and then start collecting the v2's.

I own doubles of all of the bandai reissues except for the last two which were kinda inflated in price from the start. As far as bandai goes I just want a super-o some day but an elint would be nice. the elint seems like a lot more of a beast of a bandai toy :D

You know, I wouldn't mind it if Yamato started putting out kit versions of every Valk that came out through production. That would be super awesome to be able to get any version for customizing in the future. Just think of these guys being in production for the next 20 years or so. Manufacturing would be much cheaper and I wouldn't mind having the chance to build these guys to personal specs. I also wonder how much of a price difference it would be if they molded them in high impact nylon.

- Nghia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A re-issue of the Elint v2 would be cool, but honestly, even though I still dont' have one yet, I like that it's rare and would be happy to cough up the $$ to get a rare item. For me personally, it makes it unattractive when there's so many out there and everyone has one :p

What I want more than anything, are 1/48's Elint and Super O. I seriously...SERIOUSLY feel that 1/48 line is NOT complete without those.....I would buy them instantly!!! Maybe doubles!!!

Man, I know it's late and you probably already found out but, here, take this link:

http://www.macrosswo...showtopic=36258 IScustom made a tremendous work to build out a kit that fits 1/48 VF-1x series Valks, transforming them into 1 seated VE-1. You've got to check this since it perfectly meets your expectations (but the price I guess :p )

I heard he is planning on releasing a 1/48 Super Ostrich kit. I wish I had his skills at modeling meshes :hail: .

Shameless plug - there's one on eBay right now. :ph34r:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3371893c92

-b.

This should go to the topic "Auctions of great Absurdity" in my opinion, I mean ok, VE-1 rules with its akward yet unique and pretty style but still I'm far from being sure it' worth 430$ (even converted in € ;) )

To finish with that I have and old VE-1 v1 with the side antennas gone. I'll have them redone one day (maybe not too long), I still love it that way and I don't want to morph it into Gerwalk nor Battroid, I believe its full spirit resides in the aircarft shape because of the radar.

(need those antennas eventually <_< )

_mg_0212.jpg_mg_0211.jpg

Edited by Loute

• 4 weeks later...

need some opinions on this one.

found a VE-1 v2 at a weekend market for $100. yes, a hundred bucks. as you can imagine, it immediately set off alarm bells in my head. i started inspecting it and the box was in very good condition. seller even took it out of the box so i could take a better look, albeit he stopped short of removing the plastic inner case. from what i could see the toy plastic didn't look cheap, details were sharp, and i could make out some tampo printing which also registered well. in short, nothing that screams knock-off. while i was doing the inspection, the guy was rattling off "just arrived from japan", "brand new", "cheaper than store price", etc.

i was skeptical so i said i'll come back after a visit to the ATM, and he set aside the item for me. i started mulling it over and hit up HLJ on my phone desperately trying to find something that would confirm whether it was a fake or not. in the end i couldn't get anything definitive except that it should have cost at least twice.

some of the things that threw me off, or at least initially:

- no viewing window. but then the VF-22S and other re-issues didn't have box windows either

- the Macross Big West sticker wasn't hologram, which i seem to recall it should be. but later when i got home, it turns out the sticker on my other macross toys (bought from HLJ) only had the letters printed with a dull, metallic sheen.

- the orange nose seemed a touch paler than the HLJ pics

- looking at the box again, some of the japanese characters seemed a bit soft, and some started looking chinese. or it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. when i first saw the box they looked perfectly authentic

when i got back, the guy had the box in a plastic bag. i flashed my money and told him i was going to buy it anyway so he might as well tell me if it's fake or not. he started saying that his friend was "clearing out stock", "getting out of toy business", "baby on the way", and assured me the item was "100% original" and "brand new".

at home, it quickly became obvious it wasn't new:

- the inner plastic casings weren't taped together

- there was only one loose piece of plastic on top of the plane. usually, one would find light plastic wrapped around the wings, nose, fins

- and as you can see in the pics, visible dust on the feet and lerx

so at least i knew he was lying about something ie. item is clearly not brand new. but other than that, i couldn't spot anything that would tell me it was a fake. the dust was strangely comforting. it tells me it was actually from someone else's collection, rather than the other scenario in my head which was that the Chinese factories Yamato was using did some unauthorized production runs.

right now, i'm thinking it is legit after all, but appreciate hearing from other folks here who also have this bird, to point out any discrepancies from the pics below. i'm not after affirmation just for the sake of it. he also had a VT-1 which i passed on, despite also looking authentic. so i plan to catch him again next weekend. and for other folks who are interested, he actually had 3 VE-1 (well, down to 2 now), and 2 VT-1. happy to pick up the spares for other members but as i'm sure you can appreciate, i cannot vouch for the authenticity or if it's brand new. also, i can't guarantee the price, when i came back, the other boxes now had small stickers saying $200. fortunately for me, my stern stare reminded him of the price he originally quoted me :p

post-6173-0-84653900-1330856711_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-90375300-1330856833_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-88205100-1330856856_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-73784700-1330856879_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-81085600-1330867829_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-75477600-1330857038_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-95226000-1330857060_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-20581400-1330857095_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-19943100-1330857109_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-13240800-1330867754_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-13884300-1330867776_thumb.jpgpost-6173-0-53417500-1330867794_thumb.jpg

I have one of these and that looks pretty authentic to me. I can't really tell if it is a knockoff (very doubtful it is). Just so you know, the letters looking "Chinese" are because they are supposed to. Japanese uses a lot of Chinese characters (Kanji). A lot of Yamato plastic trays aren't taped. Many of my Valks have no tape to remove from the trays, which I love. You just need to lift the lid to remove the Valk. No mess. The light dusting means it was opened and displayed for sure so he was at least lying to you about that (but hey, 100 bucks!). Just hope they aren't stolen from someone's collection or something.

If that is a knockoff, it is one hell of a knockoff! :)

It all looks about right to me. Enjoy!

Edited by xrentonx

I'm very sure that the VE-1 that you've acquired is 100% authentic item. That's because mine also has the chinese words which are shown on the box itself. The only thing that I doubt with it is it might be a stolen good or the seller needs fast cash urgently. So it was a gifted opportunity for you to grab that! A great steal indeed! :)

Very nice find! I wouldn't worry about the stickers though, since the level of tampo printing on the VE-1 was just astounding. Unless stickers are already applied, it looks like they even tampoed the landing gear doors with some kind of label. :blink:

If I could find one that cheaply, I probably couldn't pass it up, but I've never been huge fan of the design.. at least not enough that I felt I needed to have one. Always preferred the VT-1. ^_^

thank you to those who chimed in. it's comforting to know i didn't get KO'd.

guess this is one of those cases where i should've trusted instinct over logic. hope i bump into the vendor again so i'll get a VT-1.

i hesitated getting the whole lot mainly because i wasn't comfortable with the possibility of misrepresenting the authenticity of the item if i resold them. not worth getting a bad rep for.

thanks. just luck, really. i went there because i was craving for prawn noodles :rolleyes:

i suppose it's an indication of how small singapore is, or perhaps how organized/compartmentalized things are. i just mention weekend market, and it's about a toy, and everyone simply puts the two together and know exactly where it is! :D