Where are all the Elintseekers?

dreadpyrat

I saw the Ostrich again on sale a while back at HLJ, but I don't think it was a second production run, since people reported they still had the splodey shoulders.

I don't think they were ever actually limited release, but the Ostrich and Elintseeker never seemed like big sellers (the Ostrich less so due to how much screentime it got). Lots of people here love them for their unique looks, but they just might not be very popular with anything but die-hard fans. I think a good portion of the people here are fans of Macross due to their interest in the aircraft, so of course we're going to like all the variants. In Japan though, the show probably appeals to a broader audience, and while there will be aircraft fanatics in there, many people will buy the more recognizable valks just because they like the cool transforming robots. Neither the Elint nor the Ostrich were shown as bots, so they don't appeal to as wide a fanbase. They just aren't as recognizable.

As for the M&Ms, I'm actually pretty surprised those haven't been re-issued, but I do wonder if it's partly due to their limited usage in the original show as well. I mean, looking back on the 1/48 releases, it seemed like no one could ever get rid of those two, either due to not being popular, or having known defects. I always remember seeing the M&M 1/48 sets still in stock long after the rest of the 1/48 line had all but disappeared.

Besides that though, I wonder if stand-alone releases without the fast packs would sell better. The high price of the 1/48 packs might have turned people off to them the same way. As cool as it is to have color matched packs for them, it might not be a good selling point in the long run.

I have one of the original Yamato 1/60 Elintseekers but, like all my toys except Masterpiece Starscreem, the Quarter and the 1/3000 Macross it's in storage until I've settled into an apartment I intend to keep longer than 6 months. Would love to pick up one of the Version 2 Elintseekers eventually. Finances have been tough lately, tho.

Is this the V.1? I dont know much about V1s - dont you have to take them apart or something to transform them? How can you tell the V2s apart from the V1s? No window box?

yamato_ve1elintseeker.jpg

yep, thats the Version one where the legs had to removed for transformation and yes the V.2 version has No window box. As far as the early 1/60's go both the VE-1 & VT-1 toys were the best IMO. Still I want to get a the newer V.2 design one of these days!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

yep, thats the Version one where the legs had to removed for transformation and yes the V.2 version has No window box. As far as the early 1/60's go both the VE-1 & VT-1 toys were the best IMO. Still I want to get a the newer V.2 design one of these days!! B))

Cool, thanks! So what do we have to do to get a V2 VE-1 rerelease? Should I write my Congressman?

Mine broke! :(

I hope they do another run of them soon so I can get a replacement part.

4210006975_3fab8e11b1.jpg

VE-1 by anime52k8@sbcglobal.net, on Flickr

Sorry man, I saw your request in the wanted section but I only have 1 so I am of no help.

But yeah, they should release these again. They never said they were special edition or anything when they were released.

I don't think they were ever actually limited release, but the Ostrich and Elintseeker never seemed like big sellers (the Ostrich less so due to how much screentime it got).

The Elint Seeker had way less screen time than the Super Ostrich, but personally I think the Elint Seeker looks better.

I thought I was not even going to buy the Ostrich, but I tend to buy all the 1/60 v2 releases so far if I have the cash on hand.

I guess the initial production run on both VE-1 and VT-1 were low in volume to begin with since both are not major characters, unless diehard fans who dedicated to have every scheme.

1/48 M&M gave a very big hint to Yamato that they should not run a mass volume run for it when it comes to V2 M&M.

eugimon, m0n5t3r,charger69..I,m de-hydrated from watering at the mouth!!!

Can I please have some battroid pics!!!..I,ll bring a bottle of water. B))

I guess the initial production run on both VE-1 and VT-1 were low in volume to begin with since both are not major characters, unless diehard fans who dedicated to have every scheme.

1/48 M&M gave a very big hint to Yamato that they should not run a mass volume run for it when it comes to V2 M&M.

Makes me glad I was willing to shell out for my M&Ms when they first cameout. I think they're actually the only two v2 VF-1s I didn't wait for a sale to buy.

I never picked up an Elint though. I can definitely understand why it's fun, but it reminds me a little too much of a joke I saw once about the K/R/F/A-18EFQP-6 or something like that.. it was basically a joke about continually tacking new mission gear onto older aircraft, and had an F-18 with 4 seats (single file even), an AWACS dish, a refueling boom, every type of bomb and missile imagineable, and antennas sticking out everywhere. Granted it works much better in a space environment, but it just looks funny to me. Plus, it removed the need for the Catseye in the movie, which is sad, because I love that design.

that's exactly what i've been thinking. but you'll never know with Yamato...

i got my M&M 1Js 6 mos. after the initial release. it had been sold out in HK but I was lucky enough that there was a limited resupply when I went there last year. i was actually gunning for a pair with damaged boxes selling for HK$750 each, but it was already sold by the time i got there. although i'm glad that i got ones with mint boxes coz they look good side by side - post-8437-0-86331700-1307833592_thumb.jpg

I have a super ostrich 1/60. should have got the elint I guess but I always liked the super O the best on bandai so since the price is still up there i settled with teh yamato instead.

seems like the prices on reissues and all are becoming too inflated so my interest has died down quite a bit even if they come out with more, they will cost more than they started out. ah well.. I still would like to get my hands on a VF-1D but not for $100+ that they command now.

I have a super ostrich 1/60. should have got the elint I guess but I always liked the super O the best on bandai so since the price is still up there i settled with teh yamato instead.

seems like the prices on reissues and all are becoming too inflated so my interest has died down quite a bit even if they come out with more, they will cost more than they started out. ah well.. I still would like to get my hands on a VF-1D but not for $100+ that they command now.

It's the currency exhange rate that makes the price high now, us dollars cant biy you much these days.

i love the new Super O... too bad about the shoulder hinges though. probably why it didn't sell out as fast as the Elint.

speaking of the VF-1D... i'm still wishing Yamato would reissue this with the updated crotch. I would gladly buy another one.

Luv your weathering derex3592 & rabidweezil!!!(the blue background really makes it stand out)

luv to see some battroid pics, I guess everyones scared to transform their valks!! :lol:

Yeah, missed out on the Elint too when they first released it! Now they cost big money and even then it is not easy to find one.

I just wished Yamato would re-issue this one, my all time favourite instead of re-issueing all the VF-1A's!