What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Hokay. This is something I've always been interested in, but never knew where to start. There's just too much... Stuff. Will this KS provide the "beginning"?

I also see references to a cut and uncut version of some Muv-Luv materials. What's the difference?

Yes, the KS is focused on releasing the main visual novel trilogy, which is split into two games.

https://vndb.org/v93

"Muv-Luv" contains the first two parts, Extra and Unlimited.

https://vndb.org/v92

Muv-Luv Alternative is the sequel that continues the story to its conclusion. It is also longer than both Extra and Unlimited put together.

The people behind the KS are first releasing the "All-ages" version of the visual novels, which remove the brief sex scenes and censors a bit of the gore. They mentioned trying to get the uncut versions released later on, but for all intensive purposes, the All-Ages ones are perfectly fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I started watching Kekkai Sensen Blood Blockade and it is a very good anime, I'd definitely recommend it to any Shonen fan. It's beautiful, really well directed and the story is very entertaining.

I've heard the recent Gatchaman Crowds/Insight anime is very good too so I'll give it a try too.

Bakemonogatari was a bit of a let down. It looks good but I'm through 3 episodes now and nothing really grabbed me into the story which isn't a good sign for an anime. I'll give it another go later probably.

I watched a few Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse too, but after 3 episodes there's really nothing that I haven't seen done much better in Attack on Titan.

AOT was so much better at developing characters while killing them at the same time. The first 2 ML episodes were OK though, but the 3D mecha animation is a mess.

Slowly getting back into anime with Snow White with the Red Hair. Has probably the most colorful and detailed art I've seen in anime for a while. Though, before the first season ends I hope they stop with the foreplay and give the Shojo money shot everyone is waiting for.

Plus, for me it's a Snow White who actually shows emotions for a change.

I started watching Kekkai Sensen Blood Blockade and it is a very good anime, I'd definitely recommend it to any Shonen fan. It's beautiful, really well directed and the story is very entertaining.

I've heard the recent Gatchaman Crowds/Insight anime is very good too so I'll give it a try too.

Bakemonogatari was a bit of a let down. It looks good but I'm through 3 episodes now and nothing really grabbed me into the story which isn't a good sign for an anime. I'll give it another go later probably.

I watched a few Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse too, but after 3 episodes there's really nothing that I haven't seen done much better in Attack on Titan.

AOT was so much better at developing characters while killing them at the same time. The first 2 ML episodes were OK though, but the 3D mecha animation is a mess.

If you don't absolutely love Bakemonogatari, you're watching it wrong.

If you don't absolutely love Bakemonogatari, you're watching it wrong.

Lol :) that's certainly true. Actually I got the itch to check it out from this thread and most probably from your praise.

Maybe I expected too much from it, I don't know, I was waiting for that sucker punch storyline from the start that would keep me binge-watching episode after episode like I did with AOT, Bakuman, Kuroko No Basket or Ping Pong.

But I'm not calling it quits yet, it does look very good and quite original too so hopefully I'll love it too after a couple more episodes.

Started Assassination Classroom. If every week is going to be the "tragic student of the week" formula and how a Mach 20 moving alien (what?) does something heart-warming for said student, i'm gonna be very disappointed by this.

Started Assassination Classroom. If every week is going to be the "tragic student of the week" formula and how a Mach 20 moving alien (what?) does something heart-warming for said student, i'm gonna be very disappointed by this.

I stopped reading the manga since an anime adaptation was coming but the flow of the story will be like that. The Teacher actually motivates and wants to improve the whole class and be the best on what they are.

Speaking of Bakemonogatari, I'm through the middle of Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei also made by Shaft and directed by Shinbo. Really hit and miss so far humour, but when it hits, it's pretty funny.

This season has been pretty disappointing IMO and next season doesn't exactly look mind blowing. Other than Owarimonogatari and the new Gundam, there's nothing I really thing attracts my attention. I'll check One-Punch Man out because it's by Madhouse.

I loved the monogatari series series but the latest one is a miss for me. I. Downloaded it in the 3 episode thing or whatever and I watched it for a while but absolutely nothing was going on. I ended up never finishing it.

It does have the weightiest monologues of the bunch, which I agree can slow the pacing of the anime, but it also starts to move fast closer to the end. There is also a nice resolution for a certain character.

started watching Kill la Kill.. im only a few eps into it but its proving fairly decent at this early stage..

Keep at it. I stopped watching halfway through and came back to finish it several weeks later. I regretted that decision, as the last half of the series was totally epic!

Are you talking about Suruga Devil or Yotsugi Doll? Kanbaru's arc was slow (worthwhile though) but Ononoki's is the intro to Final Season.

Also, epic battles ensue.

<snip>

Oops. Yes, I was thinking of the end of Suruga Devil. I find that I get the order mixed up on my head.

But I'm not sure which arc ErikElvis is referencing. Yotsugi Doll was the most dialogue heavy in the beginning.

Edited by technoblue

Oops. Yes, I was thinking of the end of Suruga Devil. I find that I get the order mixed up on my head.

But I'm not sure which arc ErikElvis is referencing. Yotsugi Doll was the most dialogue heavy in the beginning.

I tried to find which one it was on my computer but can't find it.

I'm pretty sure it was the one after araragi disappears as it seemed to only have one of the girls in it. I can't remember which one.

I tried to find which one it was on my computer but can't find it.

I'm pretty sure it was the one after araragi disappears as it seemed to only have one of the girls in it. I can't remember which one.

Probably Hanamonogatari, and it's chock full of awesome too. Did you even get to the Kaiki scene?

I've only watched up till Bakemonogatari season 2. What am I missing? Hanamonogatari and Tsukimonogatari? (5 and 3 episodes respectively?)

These went under my radar surprisingly. Must've been busy with work.

Jesus I thought I was fairly up to date but I don't recognize half those names. Or are they arcs that make a season?

From Neko Shiro (or White) to Koimonogatari, all were adapted in one go as the second season.

Has anybody checked the first episode of the anime adaptation of One Punch Man yet? I thought it looked really good, can't wait to see if they can keep up at this high quality level in the long run

The preview episode? Yes. It is everything I hoped for.

Prison School is so unapologetically sick that it's awesome B))

As good as the anime is, the manga is even better. It's some of the funniest stuff you'll ever read. And they get more and more saucy as they go on.