What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Slaginpit you troll!! I was doing a little dance and fistpump when I saw a new Haruhi Suzumiya series, screamed out of the window in ecstatic delight when I saw a Vinland Saga anime...and then I saw a new Macross and Full Metal Panic and it dawned on me....this can't be right...you joker you...

The new chart looks really meh and generic to me. I'll definitely check out Kill La Kill since it's by a lot of the same guys who did Gurren Laggan and Inferno Cop. The Harlock movie and GITS Arise are must see too. But little else.

Really, really good Monogatari and Attack on Titan chapters this weekend.

Anyway, I'm watching Outlaw Star which I found really cheap and is so far pretty good. It has that same feel as stuff like Trigun and even has some mecha designs by Kawamori himself!

There's actually a character called Klan Klan. Coincidence? Or does that mean anything in japanese?

I was catching up on my backlog of Attack on Titan episodes last night and I made it through episode 20. The last episode reminded me of a thought that I had earlier this season. Anyway, I apologize if this is completely obvious, but I thought I would share it anyway:

(spoiler tags follow since it deals with the current story)

There have been a string of abnormal Titans attacking the humans. When Eren becomes one of them, we learn about the connection some humans have to them. The latest plot development involves an abnormal female titan and a rogue in the military causing trouble. The survey team successfully captures the female titan in order to interrogate the human within its neck. Unfortunately, that person escapes.

My suspicion is that Annie Leonhardt is somehow involved. I haven't seen episode 21 yet or read the manga, so I guess I'll find out soon enough. LoL!

Hi guys.

Just curious but isn't Attack on Titan a brand new anime being aired in Japan? If so, how are you guys watching it already? Is being fansubbed and uploaded somewhere the moment it airs or something? Also how many more episodes to go until the show is over? Is it just one season?

Hi guys.

Just curious but isn't Attack on Titan a brand new anime being aired in Japan? If so, how are you guys watching it already? Is being fansubbed and uploaded somewhere the moment it airs or something? Also how many more episodes to go until the show is over? Is it just one season?

Crunchyroll in America.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/lineup

I live in Japan but I am not watching it. Not my taste at all.

Hi guys.

As antibiotictab said, It's being shown on Crunchyroll and it's up to episode 21 already so there's five more to go. And yes there are probably a couple of fansubs of it being released hours after it airs in Japan.

Nothing has been announced about whether there'll be a second season, but considering that the manga on which it is based, is ongoing and the series is riding a huge wave of success right now, I'd be surprisedif they didn't follow it up with either a second season, OVA's or films.

I'm personally enjoying very much. While it's far from the masterpiece, the setting and story are pretty original and the action sequences are riveting. The main protagonist is surprisingly likeable and while there are lots of cute girls in the cast, there is very little in way of fanservice. No beach or onsen episodes to see here.

As others have noted, Crunchyroll is the legitimate way to see the episodes in the U.S. and then there are fansubs.

I was originally turned off by Attack on Titan because of its animation which seemed right in the middle of my personal uncanny valley. However, something in the story won me over and that allowed me to appreciate the unique art style. As Marzan said, it isn't an exceptional show or a new idea but it is entertaining.

Apart from BD releases, my summer has been low key with Attack on Titan, Teekyu, Watamote (I don't understand, why am I still watching?), and Monogatari Second Season.

I'm really enjoying Servant X Service. The cute character designs makes me want to have sympathy for government workers.... but not the ones we have here - the ones that gave my mom a hard time because she said she was born in Taiwan, but on the form it said Republic of China. I'm sure Lucy would have handled it better!

As others have noted, Crunchyroll is the legitimate way to see the episodes in the U.S. and then there are fansubs.

Outside the US with a VPN it's a bit more greyish, but I doubt Cruncyroll cares as long as they are paid.

As antibiotictab said, It's being shown on Crunchyroll and it's up to episode 21 already so there's five more to go. And yes there are probably a couple of fansubs of it being released hours after it airs in Japan.

Nothing has been announced about whether there'll be a second season, but considering that the manga on which it is based, is ongoing and the series is riding a huge wave of success right now, I'd be surprisedif they didn't follow it up with either a second season, OVA's or films.

I'm personally enjoying very much. While it's far from the masterpiece, the setting and story are pretty original and the action sequences are riveting. The main protagonist is surprisingly likeable and while there are lots of cute girls in the cast, there is very little in way of fanservice. No beach or onsen episodes to see here.

Just watch it on munchy roll like the others said, be warned that the first half of Attack on Titan is kind of boring.

Just pretend Marzan didn't say this part. :p

I was originally turned off by Attack on Titan because of its animation which seemed right in the middle of my personal uncanny valley. However, something in the story won me over and that allowed me to appreciate the unique art style. As Marzan said, it isn't an exceptional show or a new idea but it is entertaining.

Apart from BD releases, my summer has been low key with Attack on Titan, Teekyu, Watamote (I don't understand, why am I still watching?), and Monogatari Second Season.

Thanks everyone! I registered at Crunchyroll and plan on subscribing to their service later this year. The site and service look BANANAS! I had always heard mumblings about a few websites here and there that were offering streaming services, but never really explored them. The fact that Crunchyroll airs the shows almost instantly after it airs in Japan *AND* with English fansubs is AMAZING! I can't wait to check out the rest of Naruto and Attack on Titan.

I'm curious though...is it possible to pay a large chunk of your subscription in advance? Like say, pay for two years in advance? I've always hated paying monthly fees and am more of a large sum payment kinda guy.

Guest davidwhangchoi

sorry for jumping in the thread mid topic, i have no idea if it has professional subs or not, but i heard jojo's bizarre on blu ray has english subs.

does anyone own jojo's bizarre adventure (2012) on blu ray? i'm thinking of buying it but it's very pricey. anyone buy it? or if any watched the series, opinions, is it worth it?

sorry for jumping in the thread mid topic, i have no idea if it has professional subs or not, but i heard jojo's bizarre on blu ray has english subs.

does anyone own jojo's bizarre adventure (2012) on blu ray? i'm thinking of buying it but it's very pricey. anyone buy it? or if any watched the series, opinions, is it worth it?

So over the top, retro, and awesome. Definately worth it!

Thanks everyone! I registered at Crunchyroll and plan on subscribing to their service later this year. The site and service look BANANAS! I had always heard mumblings about a few websites here and there that were offering streaming services, but never really explored them. The fact that Crunchyroll airs the shows almost instantly after it airs in Japan *AND* with English fansubs is AMAZING! I can't wait to check out the rest of Naruto and Attack on Titan.

I'm curious though...is it possible to pay a large chunk of your subscription in advance? Like say, pay for two years in advance? I've always hated paying monthly fees and am more of a large sum payment kinda guy.

Why don't you contact them and ask them. I'm pretty sure they have periods with special deals every now and again.

Yeah, streaming services like CR and Hulu are the way forward for watching anime in the West. I don't know how well things work for them moneywise so far, but in the 2 years I've been signed up to CR, they seem to have more and more series every season.

Started watching Martian Successor Nadesico. Their space federation is United Earth Spacy (UE Spacy) ^_^. Seems to have elements from Macross, Evangelion, and Gundam mixed in with some comedy. It's enjoyable so far.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So over the top, retro, and awesome. Definately worth it!

thanks for the thumbs up! Wow, it must be a sign from God. After i posted the question early morning,

This morning 6am, Kotaku put up a review of JOJO's anime ova.

http://kotaku.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure-looks-great-even-20-years-late-1261813094

That can't be coincidence can it? i mean the original ova's are pretty old, what are the chances they do a retro review on the same morning i asked for opinions :)

I already own the complete dvd set of the original 6 dvd ova's (1993 set and the 2000 ova), extremely hard to complete bc the 4th disc (part one of the 1993 ova) is 150+ and extremely hard to find.

i think i'm going to wait to they release the new series as a complete bundle before buying these expensive blu rays.

i was hoping someone on MW might've brought the new series on blu ray... but i guess everyone streams and nobody buys anime anymore... :(

Edited by davidwhangchoi

thanks for the thumbs up! Wow, it must be a sign from God. After i posted the question early morning,

This morning 6am, Kotaku put up a review of JOJO's anime ova.

http://kotaku.com/jojos-bizarre-adventure-looks-great-even-20-years-late-1261813094

That can't be coincidence can it? i mean the original ova's are pretty old, what are the chances they do a retro review on the same morning i asked for opinions :)

I already own the complete dvd set of the original 6 dvd ova's (1993 set and the 2000 ova), extremely hard to complete bc the 4th disc (part one of the 1993 ova) is 150+ and extremely hard to find.

i think i'm going to wait to they release the new series as a complete bundle before buying these expensive blu rays.

i was hoping someone on MW might've brought the new series on blu ray... but i guess everyone streams and nobody buys anime anymore... :(

ZA WAARUDO!!

The anime was a disappointment. It skipped over so much material and the scenes felt disjointed. I would rather read the manga.

Watching the anime with no idea about the manga is fine. Reading the manga now. She's not wearing her cute horn headband in the first volume. Boo!!

Watching Mazinkaiser SKL. Barely into episode 2. This thing sucks! It's no MazinKaiser.

Yeah, so popular. It has many both male and female fans.

I like slice-of-life animes better, so do not watch it. But, yeah, many fans are talking about it in this year.

post-14942-0-30911500-1378478098_thumb.jpg

That's the one problem with blu-rays, although I still try to buy my favorite series on blu. JoJo's was off my radar, though.

As for streaming, I'm still getting used to it. I spent more time dabbling in the gray area of fansubs, but I'm getting used to the change and it was a good change for me. It also cut down on the massive collection of discs because I only buy the shows that I am sure to rewatch more than once.

Guest davidwhangchoi

That's the one problem with blu-rays, although I still try to buy my favorite series on blu. JoJo's was off my radar, though.

As for streaming, I'm still getting used to it. I spent more time dabbling in the gray area of fansubs, but I'm getting used to the change and it was a good change for me. It also cut down on the massive collection of discs because I only buy the shows that I am sure to rewatch more than once.

check out jojo you won't regret it. but if you get the collection on disc or download start with disc 4-6 before you watch 1-3. or it'll ruin it for you. (discs 1-3 is like star wars prequel and was made after the original ova's and gives away alot of the plot, it was meant to be watched after the original ova)