What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

OHBOYOHBOY!! i just had gotten the entire MAHOROMATIC series (both seasons) along with the SUMMER SPECIAL box+figure set for a whopping $11.00shipped!!

i just got it in the mail yesterday morn, and watched the first two VOLs with my 18year old little sister last evening, and, while INDEED a mite heavy on the cheesecake,

so far, the series has proven, regardless, so far, to be one of the best series i've seen in some time indeed! honestly, they just don't make Anime like this anymore, IMHO,

it's like revisiting the early/mid 2000's Anime boom. WHAT a treat...

MahoromaticCollectionSet4-14-121.jpg

MahoromaticCollectionSet4-14-122.jpg

I liked Mahoromatic. Great show. I just started watching Chrome Shelled Regios. I'm on the 10th episode, and while it has some good action and all, it's a bit confusing with the abilities the characters have. Are they given, born with them, granted, and the technology is a bit strange, but the story is overall, decent. I figured I'll stick through it, while rewatching Rurouni Kenshin for a third time.

Has anyone watched an anime called First Squad? It takes place during WWII, and it was an impulse DVD I picked up. Story premise seems quite interesting about the third Reich creating monsters or something like that, and this Russian girl with psychic powers having to save the day. If you've seen it, is it good, bad, what're your quick thoughts on it (no spoilers, please). :)

I liked Chrome Shelled Regios, even though it has a pretty generic storyline. But Layfon pretending to be a laid back student just did not go as planned. Later episodes are pretty good when some things get explained, but not everything.

OHBOYOHBOY!! i just had gotten the entire MAHOROMATIC series (both seasons) along with the SUMMER SPECIAL box+figure set for a whopping $11.00shipped!!

i just got it in the mail yesterday morn, and watched the first two VOLs with my 18year old little sister last evening, and, while INDEED a mite heavy on the cheesecake,

so far, the series has proven, regardless, so far, to be one of the best series i've seen in some time indeed! honestly, they just don't make Anime like this anymore, IMHO,

it's like revisiting the early/mid 2000's Anime boom. WHAT a treat...

MahoromaticCollectionSet4-14-121.jpg

MahoromaticCollectionSet4-14-122.jpg

Great purchase there, but I'm almost araid to tell you that you missed out on the original paper doll extra's that the series came with when the singles were first released... Aslo, the Tadaima/Okaeri OVA will be out this july from Sentai.

Well its been a week so I thought I would start cracking into the massive pile of anime I picked up at animeboston.

I watched Demon King Daimao, and have absolutely 100% no clue what the hell was going on.

Galaxy Express 999 is an epic classic, but Adieu while good just isn't as great as the first film.

Alien Defender Geo Armor Kishin Corps is a hidden jewel of a series. It has a kind of Raiders of The Lost Ark vibe with mecha thrown in. The setting is an alternate WWII where the war was stopped to fight off an alien invasion.

The first Zeta Gundam movie is okay, but its not what I bought the trilogy for. I really am looking forward to the final film and how it really changes things. That aside is a bit jarring seeing the new animation(with slightly different character designs mixed with old. I do give them props for trying to add fake grain to make it fit better though.

Dairugger XV(the series vehicle voltron used) is pretty cool and infinately better than its voltron version. This is one highly underated show, it feels like watching super robot show mixed with Star Trek.

Glass Maiden aka Crystal Blaze is an interesting show. Something of a detective mystery mixed with sci-fi I really haven't gotten into it much aside from the first episode, but it is from Studio Fantasia on of my favorite studios, so I shouldn't be disappointed.

Finally there's Tears to Tiara. I actually liked this untill the "demon lord" appeare and Arthur became a whiny brat. I'll return to this series later, as I have heard good things.

What I have yet to get to in no particular order:

Night Raid 1931

Canaan

You're Under Arrest!

Aquarion

Toward the Terra

Code Geass (both seasons)

Allison & Lillia

Galaxy Angel X and S

Koihime Muso

Tide-Line Blue

Ghost in the Shell SAC (finally picked up season 1 a year after the second)

Creast of the Stars

Banner of the Stars II(need to find the middle season)

So what do you guys think? Besides the fact I need a life? :p

Edited by renegadeleader1

I think Aquarion Evol is so-so.

I am in love with three shows at the moment, though:

1) Uchuu Kyoudai / Space Brothers

2) Lupin III: A Woman named Fujiko Mine

3) Kids on the Slope

I recommend everyone to check them out! I think all three are excellent, the first is going to be a huge commercial success (there's a live-action movie on the way) and the other two are destined to become classics.

I liked Mahoromatic. Great show. I just started watching Chrome Shelled Regios. I'm on the 10th episode, and while it has some good action and all, it's a bit confusing with the abilities the characters have. Are they given, born with them, granted, and the technology is a bit strange, but the story is overall, decent. I figured I'll stick through it, while rewatching Rurouni Kenshin for a third time.

Has anyone watched an anime called First Squad? It takes place during WWII, and it was an impulse DVD I picked up. Story premise seems quite interesting about the third Reich creating monsters or something like that, and this Russian girl with psychic powers having to save the day. If you've seen it, is it good, bad, what're your quick thoughts on it (no spoilers, please). :)

Gonna have to check those out...

Have they ever done another episode of Cait crap One?

I think Aquarion Evol is so-so.

I am in love with three shows at the moment, though:

1) Uchuu Kyoudai / Space Brothers

2) Lupin III: A Woman named Fujiko Mine

3) Kids on the Slope

I recommend everyone to check them out! I think all three are excellent, the first is going to be a huge commercial success (there's a live-action movie on the way) and the other two are destined to become classics.

I'm pretty sure all of those have been licensed as well, but I'm not 100% on space brothers.

Gonna have to check those out...

Have they ever done another episode of Cait crap One?

Cat Sh!t One is still just a one off OVA, probably won't be any more at this point.

I needed a quick anime fix that featured blazing fast, steel slinging mecha battles, beautiful women being sexually assaulted, degraded, and a story so weak and lacking in substance that the mind wouldn't be spurred into thinking: I've been watching Mazinkaiser SKL again...

Started watching Eureka Seven AO. Ok first episode and it seems that it will tie into Eureka Seven more than expected.

Mouretsu is dragging along a bit and Ozma will have its 'grand' finale on saturday. Oh, and I'm finally getting my act together and starting Turn-A Gundam, hopefully tomorrow.

Great purchase there, but I'm almost araid to tell you that you missed out on the original paper doll extra's that the series came with when the singles were first released... Aslo, the Tadaima/Okaeri OVA will be out this july from Sentai.

oh boy, i'll have to put that OVA right onto my short list.

i'll keep an eye out for someone whom, perchance, might have those Paper Dolls for sale on the BAY or somewhere,

but at any rate, it's no big loss, as i've got that Mahoro figure, which is far better than any paper doll could ever be, IMHO.

so far, the first half of the series has been GREAT. it follows the manga very well, and even improves on it, in some areas.

the second half, "Something more Beautiful" so far has been, unfortunately, anything but, IMHO.

me and my sister still have the final VOL. to see, and i'm hoping, though not counting on, things picking up there...

Edited by Shaorin

Started watching Eureka Seven AO. Ok first episode and it seems that it will tie into Eureka Seven more than expected.

Mouretsu is dragging along a bit and Ozma will have its 'grand' finale on saturday. Oh, and I'm finally getting my act together and starting Turn-A Gundam, hopefully tomorrow.

Actually, I get the impression AO is a complete redo.

oh boy, i'll have to put that OVA right onto my short list.

i'll keep an eye out for someone whom, perchance, might have those Paper Dolls for sale on the BAY or somewhere,

but at any rate, it's no big loss, as i've got that Mahoro figure, which is far better than any paper doll could ever be, IMHO.

so far, the first half of the series has been GREAT. it follows the manga very well, and even improves on it, in some areas.

the second half, "Something more Beautiful" so far has been, unfortunately, anything but, IMHO.

me and my sister still have the final VOL. to see, and i'm hoping, though not counting on, things picking up there...

Forgot to mention that the paper dolls let you dress up Mahoro & Shikijuo in various Gainax character costumes.. As for the second season, I enjoyed it, just strap yourself in for that ending, it's a doosey.

Actually, I get the impression AO is a complete redo.

Forgot to mention that the paper dolls let you dress up Mahoro & Shikijuo in various Gainax character costumes.. As for the second season, I enjoyed it, just strap yourself in for that ending, it's a doosey.

Well, it wouldn't be the first time that they try to reinvent the wheel. Let's see how they frame the story in the next couple of chapters. Although in classic anime style we might not get any clue's or explanations until like the last third of the anime.

As for Mahoromatic, the ending was just classic Gainax.

COWBOY BEBOP YEAH!!!!!

It's got the saddest end for an anime series ever BTW. I almost got depressed when I finished watching session 26. :(

You've got much to see if you think Bebop has one of the saddest endings, hell, Bebop's ending is down right happy compared to some.

Cowboy Bebop was awesome. Wish there could have been a bit more character buildup with Viscous and Julia..

I've tried to ignore this, I really did. But...

Vicious, not Viscous.

One word means that someone is agressive, the other means that they are a thick, slow-flowing fluid.

I've tried to ignore this, I really did. But...

Vicious, not Viscous.

One word means that someone is agressive, the other means that they are a thick, slow-flowing fluid.

lol, yet more wasted opportunities that could have been a Cowboy Bebop parody hentai. It's right up there with the mystery of an almost complete and total lack of Faye doujinshi on the net.

Oops, spell checker, yes I know. It doesn't mean a thick liquid it is a measure of a liquids thickness. Example a thin liquid would be highly viscous

Next up is GITS 2nd gig. I watched the first and really liked it, I hope the second lives up to it.. And movie got the movie too

As for the second season, I enjoyed it, just strap yourself in for that ending, it's a doosey.

YA DAMNED RIGHT IT WAS!!!! ---gawd... :unsure:

anyway, good show on the whole, though it went rather downhill through the second season, in me and my sister's POV.

nearly ten years back, Mahoro-chan was my very first introduction to the Maid Fetish Trope in Anime.

she had instant appeal to me, and i was keen on giving the series a try.

i had just returned home from the hospital from a major operation at the time, (JULY/AUGUST 2003)

and my mother and sister had surprised me with an Anime series.

to my (then) initial disappointment, it was the first season of "Ai Yori Aoshi"

as they had looked at both it, as well as Mahoromatic, and thought Aoshi looked the far better series.

Aoshi, after it's initial viewing, quickly became one of my all-time favorites, and i decided to share in,

and trust my mother and sister's opinions on Anime. meanwhile, Mahoromatic went by the wayside,

and our family hit ROUGH financial times for several years. ie; no more Anime purchases.

all these years later, were in good financial condition again, and i'm pursuing all those series

that intrigued me years ago, but had to miss out on, including Mahoromatic, which,

while decent, has turned out, IMHO, to be not half as good as Ai Yori Aoshi,

which still holds it's exalted place up there in my heart, alongside stuff of legends

such as SDFM. DYRL, MAC. II and PLUS.

meanwhile, while Mahoro-chan still holds a special place,

my perfect little Miku-chan has effectively assumed the mantle of Maid-Fetish standard bearer in my heart;

MikuruAsahinaMaid4-19-12.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

You've got much to see if you think Bebop has one of the saddest endings, hell, Bebop's ending is down right happy compared to some.

So, what anime would you consider to have a sadder ending?

Not that I disagree with your viewpoint. Just curious.

So, what anime would you consider to have a sadder ending?

Not that I disagree with your viewpoint. Just curious.

Off the top of my head:

- Gurren Lagann. Yeah Spike dying is sad, but Simone "knowing" he was going to lose Nia, then going through with the wedding anyway only to have her fade off right as they kiss. SAD.

-Giant Robo: Gin-Rei, knuff said. One giant mis-understanding spooled into bitterness & revenge resulting in a completely unncessary death.

-Grave of the Fireflies!

-School Rumble: Possibly the most epic tale of man.

-Galaxy Express 999: When Tetsuro realizes Maetel has set off again without him.

And of course

-Gunbuster: Noriko & Kazumi make the near ultimate sacrifice, not death, but leaving behind everything they know by 10,000 years. They find an apparently dead Earth, making their effort pointless, only to be surprised with a welcome home message. Epic!

lol, yet more wasted opportunities that could have been a Cowboy Bebop parody hentai. It's right up there with the mystery of an almost complete and total lack of Faye doujinshi on the net.

She's probably too "old" to appeal to the doujinshi making crowd :D

Oops, spell checker, yes I know. It doesn't mean a thick liquid it is a measure of a liquids thickness. Example a thin liquid would be highly viscous

Next up is GITS 2nd gig. I watched the first and really liked it, I hope the second lives up to it.. And movie got the movie too

Well, yes, it's an adjective. So is vicious.

And a thin liquid wouldn't be very viscous at all.

I apologize for turning this thread into English 101.

-Gunbuster: Noriko & Kazumi make the near ultimate sacrifice, not death, but leaving behind everything they know by 10,000 years. They find an apparently dead Earth, making their effort pointless, only to be surprised with a welcome home message. Epic!

An Earth so far removed from their own that a greeting they've had ten millenia to plan is bungled because they don't even know how to write japanese anymore. They are now aliens in their own homeland.

Most depressing happy end ever.